main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Pokemon: Trainer

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by RilasTyrinth, Aug 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RilasTyrinth

RilasTyrinth Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2007
    IC: Troy

"Yeah good idea...lunch sounds pretty good right now," Troy says as he hears his stomach growl. "I didn't eat breakfast this morning because I had to make sure I got up bright and early to the classroom."

Tag: Chandler, anyone

OOC: You can start catching Pokemon now. Don't go crazy, appropriate Pokemon for an area like this.

2. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    OOC: I thought you were going to have them appear as GM.

3. RilasTyrinth

Jan 13, 2007
    OOC: I trust you guys to not say a Dialga appeared or something. Like I said appropriate for this area. If there is anything out of the ordinary you'd like to catch then PM me and ask first.

4. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    OOC: ok
    IC: Valien

Valien was exploring on the far side of the pond, sometimes peering into bushes and such. In his excitment and haste he had reached this point. His hears picked up a faint sound, almost to the point that he thought he imagined it. But he turned anyway and he thought he saw movement in a bush at the edge of the treeline.

He moved over, slowly and trying his best to be silent so as not to startle any possible pokemon that might be there. He peered into the tangles of the bush but found nothing. As he moved farther into hit he felt a sudden shock into his rear making him stumble forward and landing flat on his belly in the bush. He turned about to see a Shinx that seemed to have a laughing expression on his face.

"Hey!" Valien said as the thing took off into the woods. Valien bounded after it, oblivious to the fact he was getting father away from the group. As he chased the creature their chase startled a group of Starlys into flight but Valien didn't stop. This was an electric, a favorite of his second only to fire, not to mention it was fun chasing after it. The shinx ahead stopped as it ran into a hedge of thorns. It was a dead end and the Shinx turned to fight.

Remembering the lesson from earlier Valien sent out Chimchar with a flourish and smiled at his starter, "Here goes our first fight, I know we can do it!"

"Chimchar, scratch attack!" Chimchar moved swiftly forward but the Shinx easily dodged before responding with a bolt that struck home. Chimchar stumbled for a moment but got back up, if a little singed. "Looks like we need to try something different, Ember attack!" The scorching flames whipped around the Shinx who tried but failed to dodge. It wasn't out of fight yet, it bolted to one side before sending another blast at Chimchar, who this time did manage to dodge. "Ok we're doing good, ember attack!" The second blast again connected, sending Shinx reeling a bit before dizzly hitting the ground. It started to get up again, it must indeed be tough, but Valien took the opurtunity and threw his first pokeball.

It rattled, then rattled again, bounced up a foot before landing and a distinctive *click* was heard. "YEEEESSSSS!" Valien yelled in joy, "Good job Chimchar!" Valien moved over to pick up the ball after returning Chimchar and stared at it with incredible fascination. He turned around to head back and realized he had gone a good ways from the pond, but as this was a dead end he could just head strait along the path that brought him here and he began to run back.

Tag: all
    OOC: He is not back in sight yet for roleplaying purposes.

5. RilasTyrinth

Jan 13, 2007
    OOC: Come on guys catch at least one Pokemon. Once everyone has a Pokemon we'll continue.

6. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    OOC: Sorry, I'm trying to get caught up. Oklahoma had a nice big ice-storm that resulted in my losing power for a long time. I'm going to try and edit this post and catch up now.

7. RilasTyrinth

Jan 13, 2007
  8. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    IC: Abell Hunter

Abell was just about to introduce himself to the others when the people, who were obviously the ones in charge at this trainer's school, suggested they were now going to begin their journey. Abell's weariness from traveling so far with a busted bike began to fade as he was ready to get on the trail with his Piplup and catch as many pokemon as he could.

His heart, however, sank a little when he heard them say that they were going to be heading to Jubilife City. Great, he thought, I just left my hometown and now we're heading back that way.

The only consolation to the trip back was the company, and the fact that he was able to witness one of the teachers expertly take down and capture a Shinx. He watched another kid wander off towards the pond before disappearing from sight. I guess we can all go off and catch our own now. he acknowledged as he began walking towards the trees on the edge of the path in the other direction from the pond.

The reason for this was because he didn't care for the electric Shinx, or the bug Kricketot, and he could always catch a Bidoof...those things are everywhere. No, he was looking for different pokemon. And that's when he saw one standing on a branch above his head. A brave looking Starly stared down at him.

Quickly, Abell pulled out his pokeball, activating it as he said "Piplup, time to shine!" As the ball opened up, out shot Abell's starter with a flash of red light. "Start out with Bubble!" Abell said as Piplup shot towards the Starly. The attack came so fast and close that it startled the bird as the blast of water hit it square on the chest. Piplup did a flip in the air, its feet landing on the tree branch as it bounced its way back to the ground.

"Okay, regroup, that attack just made the Starly angry." Abell said. Watching the bird circle in the air before it came diving in fast. "It's doing a quick attack, jump and then pound!" The Starly came flying in fast and low, trying to spear Piplup with its beak. Waiting until the right moment, Piplup jumped into the air, allowing the Starly to miss right below it. Just as the bird passed harmlessly beneath it, Piplup pulled back on its small wing and brought it down on the back of the Starly, sending the bird spiraling into the ground before finally hitting a tree and stopping. As the bird began to get up, the fire of determination in its eyes, Abell tossed out his first empty pokeball, hitting the beak and sending out that familiar red light.

Abell watched as the light on the front of the ball began to blink and it shook once...then twice...and finally three times before a loud click filled the air and the ball's light stopped flashing. Abell ran up to the item and pocketed it as he looked to Piplup. "Guess what, little guy, we caught ourselves a Starly." Piplup jumped up and down in excitement as Abell patted it on the head. "And it was all thanks to you. You did great out there." Abell then pulled out Piplup's pokeball and brought him back inside.

"Well, I better head back to the group," he stated to himself as he made his way back out of the woods and towards the party.

TAG: Anyone

9. Jedi_Master_Jaden

Jedi_Master_Jaden Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2005
    IC: Justin

Once they got to the pond Justin took a moment to look around, he was finally starting his journey. He looked back at the group and noticed the others had gone off to look for pokemon. He started walking along the pond and then noticed a small path off to the side,"I bet a pokemon made this, Treecko come on out, get some fresh air." Justin tossed the pokeball on the ground and his Treecko popped out. "lets check out this path, ...no wait for me... TREECKO!" His treecko ran out in front of him. He tried to catch up to him, but by the time he caught up, his Treecko was on the ground rubbing his head and a little in front of him there was an angry looking Bidoof. "Treecko are you ok?" his treecko quickly got back on his feet. "great, mabey next time you'll wait for me. Ready, use pound." Treecko started running at the Bidoof, but Bidoof moved out of the way just in time. "ok, now use absorb." Treecko turned around, stood up, and started focusing his energy on Bidoof. Bidoof stopped in his tracks and started getting weaker. "great, now he's weak try pound again." Treecko jumped in the air and brought his tail down right on Bidoofs back. Treecko jumped back panting, clearly worn out. Justin took a pokeball from his belt. "I hope this works." he threw it at the collapsed Bidoof. It shook once, twice, "..come on," three times, then the relieving sound of click sealing the ball shut. "Alright, I just caught my first pokemon! Come on Treecko, lets go back to the group."

10. RilasTyrinth

Jan 13, 2007
    OOC: Treeko, yeah...there kindoff the starters of Hoenn. You can't catch Pokemon from other regions or starters without asking permission first. If you want to catch anything out of the ordinary PM me, and Treecko is not acceptable especially not as a beginner trainer.

11. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    OOC: He posted it with his character sheet when he posted it.

12. Jedi_Master_Jaden

Jedi_Master_Jaden Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2005
    OCC: yah I PM'd it to you with my character sheet and I did start with it, but I could change it if it would make it easier.

13. RilasTyrinth

Jan 13, 2007
    OOC: Sorry, really sorry. Apparently I didn't read the post right. I thought you had caught Treecko in that post... Duh myself. Sorry about that. Me being stupid, I forgot you started with Treecko. My bad. Continue.

14. Dc_10

Dc_10 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2005
    Chris spent alot of time searching for what would become his second Pokemon in his journey. "There's Gotta be something around here" Chris looked across the path the group journied on and spotted a Starly. "Is that??? Yes it's a starly" Chris got rather excited. Ok Turtwig lets go! Chris launched his pokeball in front of him releasing his Turtwig "Turtwig lets capture that starly!"
    His turtwig nodded in agreement. "Ok turtwig! go and tackle it!" Chris's Turtwig charged toward the starly. Turtwig's tackle missed as the Starly took to the sky. "Turtwig lets try........Absorb!" Turtwig prepared his absorb attack but was unfortunatly tackled by the Starly. "Turtwig it's ok. Shake it off and go for Razor Leaf!" As the Starly attempted an arial attack turtwig's razor leaf nailed starly. Causing starly to fall and hit the ground. "POKEBALL time!" Chris threw a pokeball and captured the starly "YEAH! We caught starly!"
    Chris's turtwig smiled with victory "Turtwig!"
    "Come on Turtwig lets go show the others." Chris said recalling his Turtwig to the pokeball.

Tag: Everyone.

15. Jerdu_Slmor

Jerdu_Slmor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2007
    OOC: Sorry, I forgot that this had actually gotten started my bad.

IC: Jerry Duckworth

Coming out of the bushes all of a sudden a 10 year old redheaded boy speaks up.

" That was impressive, not bad at all you did well capturing that starly".
    "I am Jerry Duckworth, I was supposed to go off and train with my buddys but I showed up late and have been searching for a while but can't seem to find them".

"Do you mind if I come with you and tag along for a while"?

Tag: Chris, all

16. Dc_10

May 26, 2005
    "Hey thanks it's my first capture. you can follow me and see if you can join my group" Chris heads for the lake to meet up with everyone else. "Everyone should be here shortly, So where are you from?"

TAG: Jerry

17. Jerdu_Slmor

Apr 20, 2007
    IC: Jerry Duckworth

I am from Gemtown.

You?

18. Dc_10

May 26, 2005
    IC: "I hear thats a nice place,I can't wait to visit there someday","I'm from Eterna City, I'm excited to visit my hometown again soon" Chris arrives by the pond "And we're here, everyone should be meeting up soon once they catch a pokemon, speaking of which have you caught anything?"

Tag: All

19. Jerdu_Slmor

Apr 20, 2007
    IC:

"No, I haven't"

"Thanks for this though I appreciate it"

"Would you like to have a friendly little duel real quick to hone our skills?"

Tag:all

20. Dc_10

May 26, 2005
    IC: "Well I don't see why we couldn't while we wait for the others" Chris looked around to see if anyone from the group was around. "So we each shall use only one pokemon?"

Tag: All

21. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    IC: Valien

Valien emerged from the tree line with a triumphant look upon his face. He ran to their current leader/teacher Troy. "I got one, I got one!" He exclaimed doing a little dance before sitting on a rock staring at the ball in facination.

tag

22. Jerdu_Slmor

Apr 20, 2007
    IC: Jerry

"Yes one pokemon" at this he pulls out his pokeball, and flicks it out "Chimchar go!".

Chimchar stood beside were the pokeball had landed.

He was a small creature about fifteen pounds and 2 feet tall his tail was aflame flahing colors of red, yellow, and orange. To some this creature could even be considered cute but anyone who knew a chimchar knew that they could be trouble in the right hands.

Chimchar stood and waited for his opponent.

23. Dc_10

May 26, 2005
    IC: Chris looked slightly shocked and a little worried, His opponent had just released Chimchar a firetype pokemon. Chris new that his newly caught starly wouldn't be ready for a fight quite yet. So he only had one choice "TURTWIG! GO!" Chris tossed the pokeball infront of him.
    Turtwig: TURTWIG!
    "Ok Turtwig lets give it our best shot!"

Tag: Everyone

24. Jerdu_Slmor

Apr 20, 2007
    IC: Jerry

Chimchar!, thats a water pokemon watch out for a water attack.

Chimchar! Scratch now! at this the little flaming creature launched out and landed a blow of sharp flaming nails on the water crature.

tag: all

25. Dc_10

May 26, 2005
    IC: "Ok turtwig shake it off and lets use tackle!" The turtwig recovered slowly and sprinted toward the Chimchar landing it's tackle.

Tag: Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.