Pokemon Trial Draft Now Open -- Winner: Specterace

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by The_Chim, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MandaloreYak Jedi Master

star 5
    Again, argument wanted, especially on that 2nd match.
  2. Kyptastic VIP

star 5
    How effective is Mew really? It seems to be a Jack of all trades, master of none, and even with it's rock attack, it's not going to get the bonus from being the same type as the attacking move. Jynx, on the other hand, has powerful Ice attacks (which Mew is not resistant to), and is paired with an experienced and powerful trainer who knows all about Psychic moves. I think the added edition of the trainer, Jynx can overcome Mew.
  3. MandaloreYak Jedi Master

star 5
    Agree with the 1st one

If this were anime Mew there'd be nothing Sabrina could do. It'd beat Jynx, and her, at the same time, and not break a sweat. But it would lose to Mongul.

Anyway, in-game Mew really does not have an impressive move list and while its stats are better than Jynx's by a good bit, Jynx does some things well here, such as having nice high special stats. Psychically, Mew is facing a pokemon that is resistant to that type of attack and a trainer with high experience...

Well, heck, basically I agree with Kryptastic. Jynx wins, courtesy Sabrina.
  4. Dom_Perignon Jedi Knight

star 3
    This is a hard match. You have Sabrina with a pokemon that is lesser than Mew. Then you have Mew, all by its lonesome with better stats almost across the board when compared to Jynx. But the one factor I think that makes the difference is having Sabrina, a high class gym leader, as Jynx's trainer. It would depend on Mew's intelligence level and battling ability, but I don't trust that on its on as wild Pokemon tend to do moves almost at random. I'ma have to go with Sabrina and Jynx on this one.
  5. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Providing a pair of interesting Pokedex entries for Mew.

6. MandaloreYak Jedi Master

star 5
    Invisibility would be great, but I don't know if it can hide itself from psychic senses. I would certainly give it that based on the anime, but even then it's a stretch to say Mew would use it well. Certainly I can't give it that in the game. My vote stands.
  7. The_Chim Jedi Master

star 6
    Sorry for the delay friends. It has been a busy couple of days for me, looks like a lot of people are having a tough time finding times to do normal things any more. Boo school.

Round Two
    The Rated R Pokestars (0) vs. Sea Electric Air Land Squad(SEALS) (2)
    Dismay's Rangers (0) vs. Kyp's Kids (2)

Next one is ONE.

Round Two
    Articuno vs. Tentacruel
    Starmie vs. Magneton

8. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Got a lot of things to do today, so I'll run through this quickly.

Articuno vs. Tentacruel

Tentacruel is resistant against most of Articuno's attacks, though he's still got a few that could be useful. Biggest thing for me is, however, that Articuno will be up in the sky and Tentacruel in the water. Tentacruel is going to have a whole lot of a harder time hitting Articuno than the big bird will him. For that reason, Articuno.

Starmie vs. Magneton

Starmie holds no type advantage over Magneton, Starmie doesn't have that many great moves, and Starmie is weak to Electric attacks. Seems pretty clear to me.
  9. MandaloreYak Jedi Master

star 5
    Waitin for arguments and such.
  10. Dom_Perignon Jedi Knight

star 3
    Pretty easy to me, also. I believe Articuno being able to fly and probably being able to completely freeze the lake over with Tentacruel in it is a big enough advantage to overcome Tentacruel's type advantage. And Magneton over Starmie is easy, especially with the lake of rage being a huge conductor.
  11. Kyptastic VIP

star 5
  12. MandaloreYak Jedi Master

star 5
    So... TLI u feel like receivin some numbers?

Cause I don't.
  13. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Sure, I'm up for it. Might as well keep things moving forward. Send on!
  14. MandaloreYak Jedi Master

star 5
    Yay. Send him ur remaining numbers.

I hope we're not violating some rule...
  15. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Nothing against temporarily taking the place of the Commissioner in the rules, so things should work out.
  16. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master

star 6
    It's fine if people respond. [face_peace]

But I still wanted to say ...

CHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMM

[face_love]

*cough*
  17. Kyptastic VIP

star 5
    He posted yesterday...
  18. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    But not here, apparently...
  19. The_Chim Jedi Master

star 6
    Hey sorry guys was planning on having surprise matches up over the weekend, because nothing ever happens but then I had my own surprise out of town. I had a job interview, so it looks like I may be working for Dell this summer, we will see. Anyway, here ya go. Apologies again.

Round Two
    The Rated R Pokestars (1) vs. Sea Electric Air Land Squad(SEALS) (2)
    Dismay's Rangers (0) vs. Kyp's Kids (3)

Next number is FOUR.

Round Two
    Celebi vs. Kabutops
    Heracross vs. Typhosion

20. BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus

star 5
    And I'm out. yay!

**Goes running and screaming into TALL GRASS**
  21. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Uh, you do that....

Celebi vs. Kabutops

Kabutops does have a good Dark move, but I think Celebi's going to be rather hard to hit, plus Kabutops has that extreme weakness to Grass for Celebi to exploit. Stat advantage in most categories for Celebi as well.

Heracross vs. Typhosion

I have no clue how Heracross would win this one. Fun match to watch, but not really in question. The Fire advantage just puts things too far in Typhlosion's favor.
  22. The_Chim Jedi Master

star 6
    I have no clue how Heracross would win this one.

Probably the same lame way Typh lost any of his matches...

Umm its like in a cave and stuff, right? Yeah and and he is like glowing and stuff so the other poke will see and him and like be able to hit him but since it is in a cave Typhlosion won't be able to see the other poke since it is in a cave and he is glowing.

Or whatever non-sense that match was decided on. I mean we know that all caves are completely pitch black, that Typhlosion has 0 control of the fire it emits at all times, etc. :rolleyes:
  23. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Actually, I think it was based on Typhlosion having several good physical moves, which would require him fighting in close combat with Machamp.
  24. The_Chim Jedi Master

star 6
    Yeah I think I covered that when I said, 'non-sense'. ;)
  25. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    One person's non-sense is another's ironclad logic. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.