main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Poke'mon

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Verry, Mar 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Oh yeah the running shoes are one of the best improvements so far, no more annoying slow walking...

Although the bike in this version is IMHO way to fast, luckily there are 2 bikes, a slow one and a fast one... :p

2. Verry

Verry Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2002
    About charging your SP. You could have played and charged at the same time when you first got it. That's what I did.

I think that leaving it charged when teh Sp's shiped might damage it or something.

3. the_chosen_two

the_chosen_two Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 23, 2003
    My was already charged when I got my SP.

IT ROCKS :D :D !!!

I got a question , how do you get the second evolution of Nincada. The one with the halo.

4. Darth_Iquitous

Darth_Iquitous Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Ooh... 3D RPG. I can only hope it has all the regions visited by the previous games, plus some and more new poke's also. I'll be so busy I'll forget about my other games. :p

Which issue of EGM was it? April or May? Is May even out yet?
    ------------------------------------------------
    To get the second evolution (nincada evolves into two pokemon, or has the ability to), you must have an open slot on your belt, so you only have 5 pokemon on you. Then, when nincada evolves (level 30?) it will evolve, I guess, by shedding it's skin, and it's skin becomes a pokemon, too. The bonus pokemon has only one HP, but it's virtually invincible. It's only vulnerable to attacks that are super effective.

5. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Man! why am I forever behind in game versions. I only have Silver and Blue. 8-}

6. Darth_Iquitous

Nov 9, 2001
    Nincada's evolution is Ninjask and Shedinja (if you have an empty pokeball slot on your belt)

I don't do much with shedinja...he dies too much, even with his invincibility, it's only a matter of time before the enemy tries a move that takes him down...or confuses him to hurt himself, and having only 1 hp, that's not good news.

7. Darth_Iquitous

Nov 9, 2001
    So, what month's EGM was it? I must know! ;)

8. the_chosen_two

Jan 23, 2003
    What do you mean about this month's EGM. I just picked it up on Sat. with Ghost on the cover.

By the way, I got Shedinja a day after I posted, but thanks anyways. But what kind of Pokemon are super effective to Shedinja.

9. Darth_Iquitous

Nov 9, 2001
    OH, so the May issue with Enter The Matrix? I'll get it tomorrow or friday, then. Can't wait for more info from Nintendo.

10. Darth_Iquitous

Nov 9, 2001
    Elemental Attacks are generally super effective. Physical attacks don't effect it.

What page is the bit about the Poke'RPG on the cube? I got the new EGM.

11. the_chosen_two

Jan 23, 2003
    Sorry, but the one about the Poke'RPG is the Zelda one, or the Driver 3 one. But the info you are lookin for is only in a sentance in the rumors section. But that rumor was proven to be true.

12. Matador

Matador Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2002
    I know this is a bit off topic, but I am considering getting the new ruby/saphire game cartriges. They have come highly recommended to me by a good friend and avid gamer. I have read a bit about the games, but dont know too much. Would this game be a good investment? And if so, which version is, for lack of a better word...better to buy?

13. the_chosen_two

Jan 23, 2003
    For some serious Poke'freaks hesr is the new Pokemon game for GCN, but dont worry, the RPG version is still comin.
    From Gamepro.com-

Pokemon Hits GameCube
    15-APR-03
    Word got out from Japanese magazine sources today about the GameCube Pokémon title that Nintendo hinted at earlier this year. Despite speculation, the series' Cube debut is not a Pokémon Stadium clone, or for that matter, a game at all?it's more of a collection management and reference tool for serious Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire players.
    Called Pokémon Box: Ruby & Sapphire, the disc (which requires a GameCube-Game Boy Advance link cable) is packed with helpful utilities for Nintendo's loyal monster anbase. The titular Box serves as a large storage facility for excess Pokémon?you can store up to 1500 captured monsters on a GC memory card, making space issues a thing of the past for GBA users. All pertinent information on the Pokémon in your collection can be displayed on a single screen (as opposed to flipping through several pages on the GBA), and there's a variety of search and ordering functions to help you organize the creatures at your beck and call. The disc isn't all business, however: you can also make miniature game pieces out of your Pokémon and place them on little virtual stages for display purposes.

The Pokémon Box will come out May 30 in Japan, with two versions available at launch: one with Memory Card 59 and link cable for 2800 yen (about $23), and one with just the Memory Card 59 for 2000 yen ($17). No U.S. release plans have been announced yet, but hopefully Nintendo of America will answer the call of U.S. Poké-fans who will undoubtedly be all over this package.

There is also news on the site about the new Donkey Kong game for GBA :D

14. President-JarJar

President-JarJar Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2003
    I didn't like Pokemon very much until I got Pokemon: Sapphire a few weeks back... DUDE! It's the most Addictive game ever! I've logged in like nearly 47 someodd hours!

Hah, I'm already playing it on my Brand New Cobalt Blue GBA-SP... Plus been playing The Wind Waker too.... AWESOME GAME too!

NINTENDO Rules.

15. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    ....well, slowly but surely, i've been making my way thru this game..

Just defeated Flannery for the 4th badge..

My current pokemon team:

I lead off with an Electrike

Follow him up with a Seviper (who is, so far, my favourite Pokemon in the game)

After that comes my Pelipper (for those nasty fire pokemon)

Then a Lombre

And then, if it's REALLY necessary, i pull out my Marshtomp..

16. the_chosen_two

Jan 23, 2003
    I am going slow as well. I only have 7 badges but my cousins who started weeks after me are already at the Elite 4. But there main Pokemon is at 70, and the rest are at 20 :p

Here's my team. (Including there nick names)

Blazeiken [CHIKonFIRE] lv.41

Shedinja [Ghost] lv.35

Pelliper [Begal] lv.34

Plusle [-] lv.39

Grumpig [Darth Hamm] lv.36

Sableye [PNOYSTRIDA] lv.37

Yeah the GBASP is handy while playin this game, you can just flip it or pretend its a cell phone when a girl comes by.

17. Drew_Atreides

Apr 30, 2002
    ..yeah, i'm tryin' to level my guys up evenly, too..

Marshtomp Lv. 29
    Lombre Lv. 27
    Pelipper Lv. 28
    Electrike Lv. 25
    Seviper Lv. 26

I'm still looking for a 6th member who's worthy of joining the team...

18. President-JarJar

Mar 22, 2003
    I have already beaten the 8 gym leaders..., and am in preparations to go face the Elite Four after I level up my Pokemon a little more.

Here are my Pokemon currently in my bag-

Swampert (nicknamed "Muddo") at Level 54.

Kyogre at Level 47

Tropius ("Tropo") at Level 46

Ludicold at Level 38

Machoke at Level 36

-----

and I've logged in a little bit over 47 hours.

I've never owned a Pokemon game before, and I've been doing really well! ;)

Pokemon: Sapphire rocks!!

and I've been playing it on my Brand New, Cobalt Blue GBA-SP! It's Sweet!!! :D

Later!

19. the_chosen_two

Jan 23, 2003
    SP's rock dont they Mr. President. I have the silver one.

I have a question, what am I suppose to do after the 7th badge. The 8th gym is locked. What do I do?

20. Drew_Atreides

Apr 30, 2002
    ...i'll do my best to assist when i get there, chosen.
    I just beat Dad for the 5th badge in probably the most satisfying battle i've ever had in these silly games..I actually DID have to stategize! (I also was forced to use a revive..)
    Thank goodness those slokings (or however you spell it) loaf around...

My Level 30 Evolved Manectric (nicknamed Trike) has become my 'go-to-pokemon'..

The Sixth member of my team is Anorith (drawn from the Claw Fossil), he was the actual MVP of my battle with dad (though i desperately need to level him up.. Right now, he's lv 21)..In said-conflict, he was the one who i put out to be sacrificed so i had the time to use my revive on Trike...

21. President-JarJar

Mar 22, 2003
    the_chosen_two,

Hey! Yeah, the SP's are GREAT.

Anyways, in the game, You should head North past the Gym (in Sootopolis City), you need to talk to Steven and Gym Leader Wallace, then you'll need to go into the "Cave of Origon" (inside the city), then defeat (or catch) Groudon (in Ruby ver.) or Kyogre (in Sapphire ver.) then the city will awaken again, THEN go to the Gym and battle Wallace. Hope this helps! :D

22. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    I want them so bad! When does the game for Cube come out?!?! I have to know! Gotta Catch Em All!

23. ReconSEAL

ReconSEAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    I like the original Red and Blue versions. Still have both and play them from time to time. *avoids stones*

It had almost unlimited replayability.
    I sorta lost my interest after they began cranking out game after game. dunno why.

24. Drew_Atreides

Apr 30, 2002
    ..well, i became the Pokemon Champion
    on Sapphire, last night..

Actually, kind of disappointed in how easy
    the final battles with the elite four and the grand champion (i think he name was Steve, wasn't it?) were..

I managed to beat everyone with only two pokemon who were above 45 (A level 49 Manetric and, by the end of the battle, a level 52 Kyogre)

Everyone else was either a lv. 42 or 43..
    Non-factors during the entire final battle.. All i'd use them for was as sacrificial lambs to revive one of my top 2..

The last guy was an absolute JOKE, with Kyogre.. I took down ALL of Steve's pokemon with Kyogre having HALF of it's HP (i ran out of Potions and restores)!

And they were all between Lv 52-57 Pokemon!

The toughest battle in the entire game (imo) was when you fought your father..

Victory Road sure was a pain..

Is there much more going on that makes the game worth playing, still?

I'm really interested in seeing how the space institute factors into things...

25. Darth_Iquitous

Nov 9, 2001
    I'm still dinking around with the elite 4 trying to raise my pokemon's levels, especially the wimpy ones who are in their 20s. I've mostly been using two or three pokemon to do the dirty work, so when they finally faint, I'm pretty much screwed, although electric attacks always seem to do the trick if I'm down to a pikachu or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.