main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Kanto wait to Go catch 'em all: Pokémon!

Discussion in 'Community' started by moosemousse, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Jedi_Master_Ron

Jedi_Master_Ron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2006
    So it looks as if Pokemon Platinum (a remake of D/P) was recently confirmed to be released this August by CoroCoro magazine. According to CoroCoro, Volkner is no longer the Sunyshore Gym Leader, the Underground in now Wi-Fi enabled, there's some sort of island called Battle Island which works in the same way as the Battle Tower, and there are new Pokemon "forms" (what that means I'm not exactly sure), such as Giratina's origin form, Regigigas' Sky Form, and Shaymin's Another form.

Other information (in English) and screenshots can be found here

2. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
  3. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    If only I could get to ToysRUs. I have both Diamond and Pearl, so I guess I'd be limited to one download, even though I have both versions?

an addendum:

I have a Heracross on my FireRed GBA that has Guts. How would I go about making a egg hatched one with this ability? Its male and I have a female with swarm ability, so breeding them together, would that guarantee one? I'm not very knowledgeable about the breeding stuff when it comes to the game.

4. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    I finally got Diamond a few weeks ago. I beat the game with over 60 hours played in about 5 days.[face_plain]

5. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    By 'beat the game' do you just mean 'beat the elite 4' or did you collect every single pokemon as well? And what's with the [face_plain] face? 60 hours of game play is a lot.

6. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I think the [face_plain] is 'I just spent 12 hours a day playing pokemon for 5 days.' :p

7. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I beat Diamond last year in two weeks. It took me longer to beat Pearl cause I wasn't playing it as much, but I played it a lot recently and finally beat the Elite 4 like two or three days ago.

I can't find a Glameow at all in Pearl. And I wish I didn't have to wait until Platinum was out to finally start with Turtwig. Because I migrated quite a few Pokemon over from FireRed, etc, I'm not starting over to get Turtwig.

8. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    You could trade with someone on here for Turtwig?

9. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I can breed most of the starters, if you need a new Turtwig.

10. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    that'd be great. I only have the "seen" info on Turtwig and its evolutions, not the whole info -- Since my Diamond starter was Piplup and my Pearl starter was Chimchar.

11. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    I'm having far too much fun sending my Pokemon to my Wii to hang around my Mii's at my ranch.

And having all the Unown variations at the ranch made my day. I let it sit in camera mode for about a minute and they all got together to make a "keyboard" out of themselves.

Oh, and Mewtwo hates EVERYTHING. It just won't stop Psychic'ing every hapless victim that walks near it.

12. chaotic_passion

chaotic_passion Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2008
    I know this is the "Games" board but I still have to know... do they still make episodes of Pokemon on TV? I used to love that show!

I stopped watching after the first season of Pokemon Johto though...

[Edit] Speaking of Johto... any chance I'll ever see a DS remake of Gold/Silver?

13. Darth_Windu06

Darth_Windu06 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 24, 2006
    Yeah the series is still on sky one but only early morning and I hope they remake gold and silver for ds but I dont think they will

14. DocRevan

DocRevan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2008
    I have a copy of Pearl lying around but I just don't know if I can be bothered to play it.
    I loved Pokemon as a kid, but doesn't it essentially just amount to endless running around and leveling up?

I guess what I'm asking if I will enjoy Pokemon even though I'm all grown up.
    So should I leave my childhood memories alone, or should I play it?

15. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm 24 and I still love Pokemon. I'm even having an internal debate as to which new Mystery Dungeon game I should get.

16. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I checked a guide online the other day and found out what I was doing wrong, or rather what I wasn't doing. I've done what I needed and now I'm storming ahead. :D
    I think I'll take some time out to catch some pokemon and evolves some others. I finally got my Pichu to evolve, that took a few hours, but tit was worth it. :D

17. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Hey, I remember Pokemon. Good memories from the Red version. The rest... not so much.

Though that recent remake was cool.

18. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    The news surrounding Platinum has had me treating my copy of Diamond like the delinquent oldest child. Holding up Platinum's new features and saying "Now, why couldn't you be more like your little brother?"

19. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    What's so special about Platinum? Is there any really amazing reason why I should get it as I already have Pearl?

And before I forget, Explorers of Darkness or Explorers of Time? I can't decide which to get

20. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    from what I read, Platinum will have the Battle Frontier like GBA's Emerald and an "upside down" world plus, the storyline goes a little differently than D or P.

I'll get it for Turtwig. And for the new features. :p

21. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I got Diamond about a month ago, and I like it so far. However, I was just informed about Platinum, which sounds cool as well.

22. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I've now got 59 pokemon! [face_dancing]

I've also sorted out my pokemon into three groups: those that won't evolve or don't need to be, those that can evolve just by levelling, and those that have special requirements such as happiness. I'll have to sort out which ones evolve due when transferred at some point, though I'll probably do that last.

23. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I've now got 76 pokemon! That's over half the pokemon in Pokemon pearl! [face_dancing]

Oh, and I have 7 badges now. The Ice Gym is weird though, I was expecting just ice types but they had some water types too, which seems very strange to me.

24. _Spartan-117_

_Spartan-117_ Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I have a shiny giratana!! I wondor if it will still be shiny when platnum comes out.
    I finished my pokedex completely(without fly shaymin and arceus)I finished it after I got a milotic(finally[face_frustrated)

25. Master_Chief

Master_Chief Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2003
    Shouldn't lose shinyness.