main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Kanto wait to Go catch 'em all: Pokémon!

Discussion in 'Community' started by moosemousse, Mar 4, 2007.

1. ShiriKeiCelisoe

ShiriKeiCelisoe Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 8, 2002
    Crazy question... Is there a way to import (for lack of better term) from the GBA games to the DS games?

2. Legend_of_Leroy

Legend_of_Leroy Jedi Knight star 1

May 16, 2008
    ^Yes, but you need a DS or DS Lite and the reverse is impossible (which means that the removal of those pokemon from the gba games is permanent)

3. ShiriKeiCelisoe

ShiriKeiCelisoe Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 8, 2002
    I have a DS. I was just wondering if it was possible and how. I might try to do it some day.

4. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    I'm probobly going to pick up SoulSilver later today. It really does look great.:D

5. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Has anyone got the shiny Pichu (the Pikachu coloured one)? I want one but I can't seem to get one. :(

6. Legend_of_Leroy

May 16, 2008
    Ok there's only a few days left, so you are best doing this now if you are able to.

You need Diamond Pearl or Platinum any DS console and a wireless internet connection (or a Nintendo USB connector)

First load up your game and go to the third floor of jublife tv station, there will be an interviewer who will ask you two questions. answer the first question EVERYONE HAPPY, and the second Wi-Fi CONNECTION, mystery gift will now be unlocked, so save your game.

Next make sure you are connected to the internet.If you haven't connected before, on the menu screen after the title screen will be a NINTENDO WFC SETTINGS, follow the instructions here

If you've already done this before with a different pokemon/item make sure that there is nothing else you haven't picked up at the pokemart and that you do not have more than 2 wonder cards. You can delete wonder cards on the MYSTERY GIFT options screen.

Next in order to download the pikachu colored pichu, load up your game then select MYSTERY GIFT if you've never done this before you can go straight ahead and select RECEIVE GIFT the select GET VIA NINTENDO WFC, it should find Pichu and ask you if you want to download it. Pichu is now on your game.

In order to get him go to any pokemart with an empty slot in your party and talk to the delivery man by the counter he will give you the pichu.

This site tells you how to do what I've explained as well in less detail.

7. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I got as far as the Mystery Gift part and then failed. I had the option in the menu but I couldn't get my DS to access the internet and when I did it wouldn't find the Pichu.

All is not lost though. I went to a shop that a friend owns and they have wireless internets there. He gave me the WEP key and I was able to get the Pichu.

8. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    Picked up HeartGold the other day, I love the pokewalker, makes the game so much easier!

Seriously, catching Pokemon with no need to buy pokeballs? Woohoo!

I've also traded over all my guys from Pearl, so I now have Golem, Alakazam, and Steelix :cool:

9. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Could use some feedback on which direction to go/purge with my team (really just concerned with single player with them for the moment):

Gastly (lvl 29): hypnosis, confuse ray, night shade, shadow ball
    --waiting 'til 33 and dream eater before hitting the evolutions

Pikachu (lvl 22): thundershock, nasty plot, wish, thunderwave
    --waiting on thunderbolt to evolve

Heracross (lvl 27): leer, horn attack, brick break, aerial ace
    --no real plans for this one. it just wrecks things.

Croconaw (lvl 20): bite, leer, cut, surf
    --got it from the GTS, came with the 2 HMs on it and I can't delete them yet. Is somewhat of a half HM slave at this point unfortunately, due to the stupid cut.

Quilava (lvl 28): quick attack, flame wheel, Smoke Screen, Ember
    --no direction for this one, but I'm fond of my starter.

Togetic (lvl 35): headbutt, wish, extrasensory, yawn
    --will evolve when I get the stone for it and focus on SpA and flinching.
    -------------

Alternatives I can breed and train up: larvitar, beldum, eevees with things I can find the stones for, dratini, chikorita, gen 1 starters.

10. Legend_of_Leroy

May 16, 2008
    Togetic is only useful with serene grace, hustle is terrible

Lapras is a good choice because it can hit heavy with surf and icebeam, and you get the chance to train it up for the large amounts of dragon trainers later in the game.

Best HM slaves i've worked out are

Charizard- Fly, Rock Smash, Headbutt, Cut
    Quagsire- Strength, Flash, Dig, Rock Smash
    Croconaw- Rock Climb, Surf, Whirlpool, Waterfall

Charizard and Croconaw work well in the fields and Croconaw and Quagsire work well in the cave.

Raichu is not that good really, if you can get hold of the right Tms Jolteon is alot better, Espeon is another good choice for Eevee, The others are a bit too slow.

Gengar will probably be your best bet at catching the legendary pokemon as it has hyponosis and mean look plus a high speed stat, although doing this strategy will hinder its battling ability.

11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    My lineup:

Dragonite lvl 64 - Dragon Claw, Dragon Dance, Outrage, Fly
    Kingdra lvl 58 - Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Surf, Dragon Pulse
    Garchomp lvl 58 - Earthquake, Dragon Claw, Thunderbolt, Crunch
    Latias lvl 58 - Dragon Pulse, Psychic, [something], Recover
    Altaria lvl 44 - Dragon Pulse, Dragonbreath, Roost, Pluck
    Bagon lvl 20ish - cut, strength, bite, something else
    red Gyrados thing lvl 31 - Whirlpool and Waterfall, and some stuff

Taking a break from HG/SS for a while until I can figure out some sprite editing (playing as Lance, whee!) and playing LG instead.

12. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    My team so far is:

Riolu - Lvl 34 - Drain Punch, Headbutt, Force Palm, something else.
    Pikachu - Lvl 49 - Thunder, Shockwave, Thunderbolt, Strength
    Croconaw - Lvl 37 (starter) - Surf, Whirlpool, Crunch, Cut?
    Alakazam - Lvl 47 - Psychic, Flash, Psycho Cut, Psybeam
    Golem - Lvl 47 - Rock Smash, Dig, Rock Throw, something else.
    Pidgeot - Lvl 35 - Gust, Fly, Sand Attack, something else.

Just using these guys to get the badges & beat the elite 4. Then I'm after Raikou, Suicune etc. And because I have had to spend less time grinding through the levels, I'll be able to try and catch them all.

13. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    New planned lineup:

Typhlosion, Togekiss, Electivire, Gengar, Palkia...anddddd someone else. Recommendations? Tyranitar or Metagross are my current leading possibilities.

14. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    So I own 13 Pokemon games: Red, Blue, Yellow, Stadium, Snap, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Sapphire, Emerald, Platinum (my Diamond died), and now HeartGold, which I purchased three days ago and have logged 25 hours of game time on. I would love to start sharing friend codes, but I must state this now...I have NEVER traded Pokemon with anyone before, so I've never completed a Pokedex (except for the normal one in Platinum). I have also never battled a human player except on Stadium. So...even though I started playing Pokemon back in 1999m I've always neglected this part of gameplay. This should end now. But I don't even know how to look up my friend code to give it to others, so if anyone could tell me how, I will look it up and give it to them. I currently have six badges in HeartGold and am going strong. I also have wi-fi at my house, but don't know how to connect it.

Also, I do know how to use the dongle and Pal Park features, so I'm not entirely hopeless.:p

15. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    To connect wirelessly from your DS, Nintendo's support site has a good step by step guide which can be found here.

Note that you can only connect directly from the DS if your router uses no security measures or uses WEP, WPA or WPA2 isn't supported (WEP is an older security technology).

If your router uses WPA then you would need to connect using the Nintendo WiFi dongle.

16. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I just did this:

[image=http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/7159/lance.png]

Playing the game is now going to be much more satisfying...

17. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    ...is it possible to learn such powers?

18. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Not from a Jedi.

(it was complicated and time consuming to turn myself into Lance--it's fortunate he has a backsprite available. There are a limited number of people who do: the rival, a green-haired lady (Cheryl?), the male and female characters from DPPt, the rival from DPPt, and of course the two characters from this game.

Map sprites are easy and you can turn yourself into anyone with basic modding, or even just with action replay codes.

19. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I picked up Soul Silver and I'm loving it! [face_dancing]

Has anyone tried out the wi-fi thing? I started a group called 'JCVG' but I'm not sure how the group thing works.

20. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I have my Pal Pad code: 3395 6351 9103

Let me know if you want to trade or battle. [face_dancing]

21. Kietharr

Kietharr Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2010
    For anyone who doesn't know yet, new versions announced, http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/

Yes, these are legit. They will be for the DS. Not much else is known. There's speculation that this will be the swan song of the DS as well as a launch title of the 3DS much like Gold and Silver were for normal gameboy to gameboy color. That is, some bonus features and pretty graphics will be available when playing on the 3DS over the normal DS. Also speculation over how trading between 5th gen and 4th gen will go, most people are guessing that a time machine similar to what we had for RBY > GSC trades will be what is eventually settled on.

Anyways, anyone else trying to complete the pokedex on HGSS? I have 300 at the moment. Gonna suck trying to get Celebi, Deoxys, and Jirachi without hacking. Arceus/Shaymin/Darkrai are easy enough because you can just hack the items then go catch them legitimately which leaves me with a clean conscience. I can get Mew from Pokemon Box though, which will be great.

22. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm going for the whole pokedex too. I have 31 so far but I haven't been playing it for that long. How can you get HG only pokemon in SS without trading and hacking? I didn't think you could. I wish I knew how to get the ones you mentioned.

23. Legend_of_Leroy

May 16, 2008
    I have enough games and events to get everything except celebi and jirachi. Although some require permanent trade from generation III like groudon, rayquaza, latios and deoxys. Hopefully there will be enough future events or general fortune that will make it possible to complete my pokedex, whether I commit to finishing it is an entirely different matter.

24. Kietharr

Kietharr Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2010
    If you really want to complete the dex and get version exclusives/event legends without scouring random trade forums this is the answer I found

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=211989

Basically, it lets you use your wifi connection in conjunction with the GTS to send .pkm files downloaded from the internet (or handmade if you're real hardcore) to your game cart. They even have a databank of event legend data, only one not included is Celebi because there hasn't been a celebi event for 4th gen games yet, but there's a japanese one coming up if you want to be a real goody two shoes.

The method is even safe, MUCH safer than any other creative trick I've seen to do this, even action replay/pokesav. At absolute worst using the files from the main database at http://www.pkmdb.com/ you'll mess up and not get a pokemon, no change to your savefile.

25. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    Tried it a few weeks ago. Works well.