main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Kanto wait to Go catch 'em all: Pokémon!

Discussion in 'Community' started by moosemousse, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Legend_of_Leroy

Legend_of_Leroy Jedi Knight star 1

May 16, 2008
    well i've got so far without cheating, I reckon I'll be able to do it without on generation IV, I spent most of generation I and II cheating so this time I decided to see how far I can go legitamately.

2. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I got the .pkm files just fine, but I can't seem to get them to transfer. I've tried everything but no luck. D:

3. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
  4. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Thanks for the bump! :D

I'm really looking forward to Pokemon Black/White, it's going to be so good. I'm not sure about the exclusive regions that will be in the games, but it's a great way to get people to buy both versions. ;)

I'm definitely getting White as I prefer the Legendary Pokemon, and that's why I chose the last one too. Pokabu will be my starting pokemon, I know that much too.

This long wait will be too a long a wait for me. :(

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It's funny I loved the first two generations of games but could never get into the latter two, except for the remakes. They introduced cool elements, but to me there will always only be 251 Pokemon that matter. I can't believe the show is still running, too! But like the games I stopped watching after the Johto league.

6. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I only stopped watching the show when they stopped airing it in the UK. It was sad times. If I could get it on DVD then I would be very tempted to get it.

Does anyone else think it's weird that the legendary pokemon in Black is white and the legendary pokemon in White is black?

7. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    Black and White have different starting Pokemon? Thank the maker!

Bored of the same old dudes, though I do love totodile!

I'm kind of shocked that pokemon hasn't been turned into some crazy mmo yet. Maybe I shouldn't suggest it!

is black/white a completely new story, or a rehash of something else?

I'm off to read now...

8. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    It's still the same water/fire/leaf trio but they're pretty awesome in Black/White. They're the same for both versions though.

Funnily enough there is an unofficial MMORPG based on Pokemon. Last I heard it was in beta still and not that good, but still. ;)

It's a new region with a new story. No remake or anything like that. :)

9. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Hey, I have exciting news! :D

Just checked the Soul Silver/Heart Gold site and found out that they're giving away three legendary Pokemon! Starting on the 7th of Feb, you can get Raikou, Entei, and Suicune! You can also get Zoroark when you transfer them to Black/White.

If you've never downloaded pokemon or you want to know more, all the details you need are here: the official news site.

Have fun!

10. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    I had en epic moving post typed out, because i've been playing pkmn since B/R, and was unable to play the last two iterations due to a broken DS/monetary concerns.

But the boards seem to have deleted my original post in their fits from last night.

Suffice to say, ill be picking up a DSLite(or DSi, not sure yet) and SoulSilver today in prep for Black/White. Mostly due to the Roaming Dogs from the 9 corellian hells for just going online.

So..thanks 4 the info moose!

11. ZanderSolo

May 18, 2007
    According to the above website, you can get Ash's pickachu, which apparently knows unique moves at your local Toyr R Us until February 13th.

I've also read at different places, unconfirmed, that we'll be abe to download Celebi for an ingame event in the next few weeks, and that Victini is a Gamestop exclusive IE) You have to download the ticket to get it at Gamestop.

Still cant get my wireless to work. Gonna try a Panera bread tommorrow. Want my shinies.

Edit: Jsut noticed the UK and US sites DIFFER. Hopefully i didnt miss out on the shiny dogs and we can download them through wifi. And on the same note idk if UK will get Celebi/Victini. Why they cant do everything worldwide i will never understand.

12. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    How do I do this? Is Ash's Pikachu available in the UK or US? Can you show me the webpage that this is stated on please?

13. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    This is the official game site: http://www.pokemongoldsilver.com/

Got to the 'news' tab and see what's there. It should detect where you are in the world, but I'm not 100% certain.

All details will be there.

14. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    Cheers Moosemousse.

You may have sensed a nerdgasm at the mention of Ash's Pikachu, I apologise [face_blush]

15. ZanderSolo

May 18, 2007
    So i havent been able to put this down since i got it. There is just so much to do in these games now. Loving the PokeAthlon. Magnitudes better than that stupid fashion contest bs, and it gives you rare candies and evolution stones to boot.

Still can't find a place to connect to wi-fi and 've since forgotten my password on my router...so yea.

Apparently there's confirmation on Gamestop's Celebi event. Last week of February through first week of March. And since all of the grass type pkmn in every game look like hell imo, except Treecko line, i'm ecstatic for it.

Any tips on winning a shiny stone from the bug-catching contests(Soulsilver)? Togekiss is awesome and i must haz. [face_love]

Edit: Wrong wording. Lol.

16. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I lost my Pokemon game card last week and I was trying to find it so I could get the Legendary Raikou as soon as I could. Well, there's good news and bad news there. I found the game card but lost my wifi key. :oops:

Luckily we have two wifi routers at my parent's place (mine and the family one) so I got the Raikou just now! [face_dancing]

Also, I've got White on pre-order. So looking forward to that.

17. ZanderSolo

May 18, 2007
    Im torn between the two versions on B/W.

I really want that Dragon/Electric Legendary in White. However, White features the White forest...and how many forests have we been to through out the games?

I have no interest in the Dragon/Fire Legendary in Black, but the idea of a futuristic metropolis region is exciting as a change of scenery. I really wanna play through the Black City.

And there is no way I'm buying both versions. I havent since B/R/Y, and i won't now. Not when trading is so easy online.

Probably gonna coin toss it the day before the game comes out :(

18. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    Picked up my Raikou as well moose.

I'm currently training up houndour to take on Sabrina in heartgold. Somehow I've gone so far without having a dark pokemon so I've got to get houndour up to scratch!

19. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    It was a simple choice for me. I went with White because it has the black legendary and I think it looks nicer than the white one. Also, in Black, the city treats pokemon badly and I didn't like that, so having White with the happy pokemon was preferable to me.

20. FalorWindrider

FalorWindrider Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 7, 2010
    I'm going with Black. I like the White Legendary (frankly the two don't look much different, outside of a palette swap). Plus, it's a Fire type. I love Fire types.

21. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Planning on going Black for the pure flying legendary.

22. FalorWindrider

FalorWindrider Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 7, 2010
    And the only pure Flying type in the entire series. :D

23. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I had a rough week last week and forgot to get the special pokemon. I don't suppose anyone else got it and doesn't want to keep it? :(

24. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    Sure Moose, though it depends on what you can give in return!

Let me know what you're willing to part with and we'll come to some arrangement.

Might trade Haunter with you too if that's alright so that I can get Gengar...

25. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    What do you want?