main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Kanto wait to Go catch 'em all: Pokémon!

Discussion in 'Community' started by moosemousse, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    I used to have this problem, but then i was standing in line when someone ELSE ran into it, and they looked utterly ridiculous and pathetic from an outsider's perspective.

I realized that that must be how i looked whenever i tried to covertly buy a game like "Pokemon" so i just suck it up now and hold my head high.

Besides, alot of chicks who are now getting into their 20's go ga-ga for a man who knows his pokemon (well, okay, so i've only met ONE girl who was like that so far, but still it's ONE girl! ;) )

I'm 28 by the way. I was having the "Embarassed" feeling of buying "Pokemon" back when Red/Blue were first being released!

I guess you have to realize that, especially now, folks of ALL ages are going out and picking up Diamond/Pearl.

2. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    True enough, though my girlfriend calls me a nerd whenever I play Pokemon. Of course she'll turn right back around and being playing the Sims.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Doesn't seem that way to me- I tried using the face buttons and crosspad to select battle options, items, etc and doesn't seem to work (unless they use different confirm/cancel buttons on that screen than the rest of the game, but that wouldn't make much sense), unlike, say, Phoenix Wright, where you don't need to use the touch screen if you don't want to.

EDIT- nevermind, figured it out- need to double tap a button to initially get it to bypass touchscreen-only controls.

4. mojodaddy

mojodaddy Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2002
    Yup, if you try to make a "covert" purchase, you become rather obvious that you want it for yourself and that you are embarrassed about it. If you act deliberately and decisively few people will notice or care. I suppose you could come in looking a little TOO excited and proud about it ("Hi, I'll take the !!!POKEMON!! please. The !!!PEARL POKEMON EVEN THOUGH IT LOOKS LIKE IT'S JUST FOR KIDS!!! IT ROCKS! I LOVE IT NO MATTER WHAT YOU THINK OF ME!!! Thanks see ya."). Yeah, don't do this. Just buy your games and enjoy them. Unless you are buying a "That's So Raven" game. That should be humiliating.

5. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    Does anyone know of a site that has a list of the current pokemon in diamond with concerning the evolution. I'm trying to figure out when some of the pkmn that I have will evolve. I can't seem to find a good site that has it.

6. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    This wikipedia article has all the pokemon ever and includes evolution information as well. The evolution column is what they evolve from.

7. Spartan786

Spartan786 Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2007
    My Luxray can pwn anything. Lvl 37 and ready to rock. I'm getting WiFi soon so gimme ur friendcodes. I wanna use GTS and mess with all those Japanese nerds. lol

8. Darklord07

Darklord07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    Serebii.net has a lot of interesting facts on there.

Also:pokemon.marriland.com/diamond_pearl

9. Zerakoen_Tyo

Zerakoen_Tyo Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2007
    You must know loads of characters like Electrobuzz :D

10. Darklord07

Aug 4, 2005
    I bought Diamond a few days ago.
    I'm on my way to the third gym.

My Party:

Luxio- Lv. 21
    Buizel- Lv. 17
    Staravia- Lv.23
    Grotle- Lv.19
    Machop-Lv. 21
    Ponyta-Lv. 16.

I've seen 55 Pokemon, and I've caught 17.
    The GTS is pretty awesome, except that those crazy Japanese want some outrageous trades.
    A level 10 Psyduck for a Level 100 Dialga.[face_plain]

11. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    I have Diamond.

Yeah, so I wasn't fully prepared for the champion and my pp critical main party got their rear ends handed to them fairly easily. I pwned the main elite four, but I didn't have a good back-up squad ready to help me in the final push. Oh well, really. I get to try again, so I've been leveling up. Somehow, in this, I also filled in the Sinnoh pokedex and received the National Dex. So, I've been finding some past gen to raise in order to help me against the Elite 4 + champ.

So far, my party is thus:

Empoleon Lvl. 62
    Infernape Lvl. 58
    Torterra Lvl. 58

Now, for my other three, I want a psychic so I'm going to see how well evolving/raising my Kirlia into Gardevoir and then to Lvl 60+ goes. And, to top that all off, I mass bred my Eevee and will soon have all the evolutions for it. But I also have a Milotic that I want to put in my party for that final battle. I also kind of want to lvl up my Dialga for that battle, or maybe even substitute either Mesprit, Azelf, or Uxie for my psychic; whichever develops into the better tank. Yes, I'm really looking to breeze through and take names this second time around.

Speeking of Milotic, it was my "ditto" test. I'm new to this game series, you see, and I wanted to know about breeding. So, if anyone wants a Feebus to raise into a Milotic, just ask. It's egg didn't take too long to hatch while going up and down cycling road. I'm interested in getting a Slowpoke or a Misdreavus from anyone with Pearl.

My Friend code is: 1160 6192 9691 and my name is BaSSiL, if anyone wants to trade or whatever.

12. Darklord07

Aug 4, 2005
    My FC:1718 9674 7352. My name's Josh.

Oops, forgot.
    BaSSiL I'm adding you.

13. son_of_the_tear

son_of_the_tear Jedi Master star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    My FC is:

1246 5258 1957

My name is: Clix

Maybe we should start gathering all the FC's of those of us playing? For battling or trading and the such.

EDIT:

Wow. BaSSil? You say you're new to the series???? You seem to have it down pat with all the details as well. This is my first game since Gold for the GameBoyColor.

14. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Yeah. Completely brand new. I did once play around for about five minutes with my roommate's fire red when I lived in the dorms at my University. But not enough to really get a feel for anything. I've mainly just been visiting the Gamefaq's site for any help I need, really. Unlike most new people, I actually read the help threads and found out about the GTS and the nice Japanese gamers, and then just used Serebii's location guides and dex list to help me fill everything out. So, basically my knowledge has come from a healthy dose of not being afraid to admit I'm new and need help in some places.

15. son_of_the_tear

Jun 23, 1999
    Well, true. I meant more about your breeding heh

Gold and Silver introduced that and it took me a while to figure all the detailed mechanics in that.

16. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Can someone tell me more about the breeding? I'm assuming you need a male and a female pokemon to breed, but beyond that I'm clueless.

17. Darklord07

Aug 4, 2005
    Just get a ditto and the pokemon you want to breed. It takes a good while for them to breed, but it works.

18. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    I've had an egg show up when using my ditto anywhere from 100 steps (for my Feebas eggs) to 500+ steps (for my Eevee eggs). I think it all depends on whether they get along. My Milotic and Ditto really liked each other, but my Eevee and Ditto didn't really like each other.

19. son_of_the_tear

Jun 23, 1999
    I'm confused about trading. I went to the trading center finally and I got on... but my searches are limited. Yet I see other players asking for Pokemon that I cannot even search for.

I hear this is how people got Pokemon from the GBA games as well as Pokemon that are not in Pearl (the one I have) as well as the other starters. The monkey showed up on the list... but... not the little penguin guy.

I'm confused.

20. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    They have to be in your Pokedex for you to be able to ask for them. I couldn't ask the GTS for the other starters until after I'd fought a Turtwig and a Chimchar.

21. son_of_the_tear

Jun 23, 1999
    I'm hesitant in offering my starters for trade, seeing as I won't be able to get them again in game.

So how do you get classic Pokemon then? Only through friend codes?

I am tempted to pick up the remake of Pokemon Red/Blue for the GBA so I can snag myself a lot of the classics.

22. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Yeah, you can only get the classic starters by trade via Wireless, Wi-Fi, or your own copy of their GBA game.

Anyway, if you're hesitant to offer up your own starters do you want me to breed you some? Or do you want one of my extra dittos? I could do either option for you.

23. Darklord07

Aug 4, 2005
    Where in the blazes did you find Ditto? I so want to get all of Eevee's evolutions.

24. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    I got the National Dex and the Pokeradar. And with that found Ditto on the road to Pal Park.

Do you want my second Ditto and an Eevee egg? Does the game even allow trading eggs?

25. Darklord07

Aug 4, 2005
    Oh, okay. I still have to beat the third gym leader before I even consider trading since they wouldn't even obey me. Plus, I don't know if you can trade a Ditto without a National Dex.

I don't know, I don't think you can trade eggs...can you? :confused: