main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Kanto wait to Go catch 'em all: Pokémon!

Discussion in 'Community' started by moosemousse, Mar 4, 2007.

1. son_of_the_tear

son_of_the_tear Jedi Master star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    So wait, does the national dex fill out for you, thus allowing you to find more Pokemon from older games?

Yeah, if you have an extra Ditto or starter or an Evee egg... I would appreciate that. I'm mainly trying to get the lil penguin dude... as I have always been fan of the water based starters as well as grass. But I went with the turtle as I always choose water.

Yeah, I believe you can trade eggs because it can be held as an item.

And I have Pearl, so any Pokemon you might need... I shall provide if I have them or when I get them. I'm also getting Green this week, so I will be working on the classics.

2. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    Does anyone know how to get past the two galactic team guys at acuity lakefront before you get into the snowpoint city?

3. Bodknocks

Bodknocks Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2003
    That took me forever to figure out. You have to talk to the Team Galactic guy standing out next to the Safari place in Pastoria City. Then you fight your rival and go chase the Galactic guy down. I just got past this part tonight, actually.

4. Richard-Drahcir

Richard-Drahcir Jedi Master star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    Do Diamond and Pearl use the system Mario Kart does of being able to race anyone in the world as well as being able to use the friend code option if you want?

Or is it a case of only fighting and trading with someone who's froend code you have? I'll be so annoyed if you cannot fight anyone in the world like you can in Mario Kart DS. It'll be a huge wasted opportunity.

Oh and I'm a UK gamer and waiting to get the EU version in case there are compatability issues with Battle Revolution on Wii.

5. Bodknocks

Jul 25, 2003
    Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but yes, you can only Wi-Fi battle with people you've exchanged friend codes with. However, there is a building you can go to in the game that will allow you to trade with anyone in the world.

6. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    I got Pearl last week and I think I'm becoming addicted to treasure hunting underground [face_hypnotized]

By the way, how many different types of fossils are you able to find in the underground? So far I've only been able to dig out the Armor Fossils.

7. Richard-Drahcir

Richard-Drahcir Jedi Master star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    Damn, why did Nintendo do this. They've lost out on a huge area that would be brilliant. I can understand why they did this for Animal Crossing but pokemon is completely different. It's like the Mario Kart system and needed a battle anybody system. Why did they do this? Didn't Metroid use the Mario Kart wifi system too?

8. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I don't know about anyone else but I don't want to battle anyone I don't know.

9. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    Thanks. I had just figured this out yesterday as well, and I just beat the Galactic building to save those pokemon. Thanks for that though.

This is turning into one helluva game.

10. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    Woo-hoo! I just caught Palkia, without the Master Ball! [face_dancing]

Okay, well I guess it wasn't that difficult but I'm proud of myself :p

11. Bodknocks

Jul 25, 2003
    I caught Palkia with more first Dusk Ball. Then I said something like, "palkia, moar liek palk-easy-ia am i rite"

Oh, and if anyone wants to give me a free ditto, I will forever be in your gratitude. I'd offer something in exchange for it, but I really don't have anything good. Just got the National Dex today. :oops:

Actually, I think I'm going to work on catching all the Unown variants.

12. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Free Ditto, you say? Hokay. I'm sure I'll end up in that area anyway while I chase Cresselia. I can catch one with relative ease. Need anything else? Do you have any Slowpokes? If you have a Slowpoke, that's what I'd want. If not, then just give me some **** pokemon and I'll just trade it to some Japanese person for something I want.

13. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    if i read correctly, the gamespot review says that you can fight anyone, but it takes a couple of dozen hours gameplay to be able to, hinting at some building u need to get to.

thinking of buying a ds for my gf for her birthday, and pokemon for myself [face_skull]

14. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    So have any of you managed to catch one of the oddly colored pokemon yet? I came across a green Zubat in the Lost Tower but accidentally defeated it when I was trying to capture it :oops:

15. Bodknocks

Jul 25, 2003
    Ah dude, that sucks! But don't worry, odds are you'll see one again. After another 8,000 random encounters... [face_thinking]

Sure, I'll try and track down a Slowpoke tonight. And I have the whole afternoon/evening off tomorrow so I'm sure I can find one by then.

Name: Auston
    FC: 5369-6968-9467

I'll PM you after I catch one and we can schedule a time to meet up. Sound good?

16. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    My little brother is looking for someone to trade him Chimchar and Tortwig, the frind code is as follows...

4081 2095 6846, the name is DAVE.

Please trade with him, he won't let me play 'til he beats the game. :(

Evil.

17. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    I'll get some eggs hatching tonight and then PM you when they're hatched.

Sounds perfect.

And to both of you, in case you missed it floating around here, my friend code is in my sig.

18. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I would get my National Dex today, if I could actually catch Azelf and Uxie.:mad:

19. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    What version are you playing? I've got Pearl and I found I was able to knock their HP down to almost nothing with Palkia's spacial rend move. That helped a lot. But even then it did take a lot of Ultra Balls to catch them.

The only one of those three I had problems with was that damn Mesprit. Always flying here and there, never staying in one spot long enough for me to encounter it. Then when I did it always ran away before my first pokemon could make a move. :mad: Eventually I got so frustrated I just caught it with the Master Ball.

20. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    I'm having the same problem with Cresselia. I've got a lot of Pokemon, so I keep playing the lottery every day in hopes of winning the extra masterball. But so far no luck, and no luck catching the ******* either.

21. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    About the only other way of catching it, I think, is to level up one of your pokemon so that it's really really fast. Then, if you're lucky enough to get a first strike, perform a move like Mean Look so that it can't run from battle. THEN you have to hit it with other status ailments like sleep and paralyze to make it more less likely to run away. [face_hypnotized]

22. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I randomly walked into Mesprit and caught it. My friends hate me now.

I'm busy trying to catch Giratina.

23. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Wooo!

Last night I caught Giratina with one dusk ball, walked out and made my way back to the route outside to see that Cresselia had decided to grace me with its presence, so I ran into the field and caught it with one quick ball. Now I have all of the Legendaries I can get without events/hacking/owning the other games.

24. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    Pfft! [face_not_talking]

I hate you both! It always takes me about twenty to thirty balls to catch one of the legendaries :(

25. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    At least you have it now, I have to wait over two months before I can get it. :_|