main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Kanto wait to Go catch 'em all: Pokémon!

Discussion in 'Community' started by moosemousse, Mar 4, 2007.

1. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Sure, I'll see about that. Not sure that I have a Haunter, though. I might have caught one trying to find a Gengar in the Haunted Mansion though.

Stupid creepy girl and old dude...

2. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    According to the pokedex on gamefaqs.com you need the GBA games to get a 4% chance of getting one. It'd be easier to get a Gastly or a Haunter and then trade.

3. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Sorry for the double post but this is really annoying me now. I just can't seem to catch a thing. I've had wild pokemon on minuscule amounts of HP and they still escape. I've tried using pokeballs and greatballs and neither work. [face_frustrated]

4. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    I've got all the pokemon you requested. So whenever you want to trade, just set a time (preferably board time) and I'll see if I am free then.

5. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I'll see if I can catch some. Any ideas what to do if none of the pokeballs work?

6. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Which one are you using? Try getting some Dusk and catch at night.

7. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    The normal and the master ball. I'll try the dusk balls later.

8. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Yeah, i can't really help because aside from the Legendaries I never had a problem with catching anything. I just did the normal, wittle down, be a good deal higher level, and stun/sleep them before throwing the ball.

But those stupid legendaries, I had to transfer my masterball from Emerald to my Diamond game to catch Regigigas. And he's stupid on top of that.

9. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I've just got the pokemon for the trade. Just let me know when you want to trade.

10. -BaSSiL-

-BaSSiL- Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2007
    Do you have teime/access now?

11. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Yeah. I'll need ten minutes or so to get ready though, the router is downstairs so I'll need to move and sort out my pokemon.

12. -BaSSiL-

-BaSSiL- Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2007
    That's fine. I'll be waiting.

13. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I've got five to trade for keeps to start with. I'll get the other three when we've traded these. I'll also include one that I'd like back.

Edit: it's the Graveller I'd like back, it should evolve when traded.

14. -BaSSiL-

-BaSSiL- Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2007
    Yeah, I've got a Haunter for the same purpose.

This batch will be the two Ralts, the Charmander, and the Haunter/Gengar evolve trade I believe.

15. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Thanks. :)

I'll have to get the next Gym badge and then work on evolving them.

16. -BaSSiL-

-BaSSiL- Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2007
    No problem. A Gardevoir is a good backup/substitution for an Alakazam(can't stand those, so I'm all about Gardevoirs) and a Gallade > any other Fighting Psychics.

17. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Hmmm, that might be a good idea. I can't control Pokemon over level 30 without the next badge though.

18. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Stun/sleep lowers their resistance to being caught? I've grabbed everything (in Diamond) pre-League except for the first 3 Legendaries. I've been slowly leveling up a couple of Pokemon with only defensive skills and uber defense stats so I can tank the Legendaries long enough to kill their PP so I can use a Timer Ball. Or do you have any other suggestions to getting them?

19. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I stunned a pokemon without doing any damage and caught it in one go.

I'm mostly levelling my Luxion to take on the fourth gym.

20. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    You guys seem like you might know the answer to this, since we kinda were already talking about it...

My Silver game won't save anymore and I was wondering if it was a fixable thing. I can save in the game but if I shut the game off, what I just saved is erased. I found this and I was wondering if it was a good investment?

21. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    That could be a good investment if you have a lot of old games with the same problem. :)

22. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Yeah I thought so too but I am confused at how it is supposed to open up games though. It appears to be a completely different shape but from what I read still claims it can open the GB cartridges.

It doesn't appear to be need a screw driver to open it up as much as a ratchet of some sort. It is small and in the back near the bottom of the cartridge and has six small 'wing's coming out of a central hub. I don't think that Tri-wing thing-a-ma-jig is gonna work.

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I found what I need to open it up.

23. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Does anyone know where I need to go before I can get into the fifth gym?

24. Jedi_Master_Ron

Jedi_Master_Ron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2006
    Ugh, it's been a long time. If the fifth gym is that water gym down in Pastoria, then I think you're supposed to follow that Team Galactic grunt outside the Great Marsh building to Lake Valor, where something happens (I don't remember what), and you're eventually allowed access to the gym. Just note that I'm not sure that the Pastoria gym is the fifth gym and I'm not absolutely certain the Galactic grunt is outside the marsh building. You should probably check Marriland's (or Serebii's) walkthrough if I'm wrong.

On another note, has anyone gotten into the metagame/competitive scene for D/P here? Like breeding for natures, EV training, move-sets, traits, Pokemon roles (sweepers, walls, etc.), and such. I got into that a while ago though I abandoned it a while back. It was fun while it lasted, though new games released and I almost forgot about D/P entirely.

25. Obese_1_Ka-Blooey

Obese_1_Ka-Blooey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2006
    Nobody but you, apparently. The most "competitive" I got into any of the games was maxing out all my Pokemon. And what you listed isn't necessarily "competitive" per se. I'd label those things "dedicated" aspects and goals. You're not competing against anyone here by breeding for natures, for example.