main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Polaris 21 - Panels and Panelists Wanted

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Styrofoam_Guy, Apr 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Polaris 21 Panels and Panelists Wanted

Polaris 21 (Formerly Toronto Trek) is looking for panel submissions. So if you want to see more Star Wars panels, people will have to start submitting them. They are also looking for people to sign up as panelists.

Web Site
    http://www.tcon.ca/polaris/modules/content/?id=1

Panelist info and FAQ
    http://www.tcon.ca/polaris//modules/content/index.php?id=37

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

2. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    I am shocked there is nothing at all about comics or comic book films. Now that the big trend of over saturation is winding down we might start to see a renaissance of quality over quantity, and with projects like The Dark Knight in full scale, a New Hulk film coming to Toronto and what people are calling the biggest comic book film to date (Spider-man 3) there is much to talk about. Its a shame this isn't a discussion.

Furthermore with both Star Trek and Star Wars in something of a hiatus for the moment with projects announced and the nature of those projects mostly speculation and rumors, the future of these products could possibly make great discussion fodder. I am surprised that neither is really being talked about.

3. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    We rely mostly on submissions for panel ideas. So if you do have an idea for a good panel idea then submit it.

I agree that there should be panels about the subject. Eventhough I do read comics my expertise is limited to only several Marvel title

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

4. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    Sadly the only submission area i see is for full panels...never having even been to a panel i wouldn't have the faintest notion how to organize it.

5. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    You do not organize the panels. I am in charge of Star Wars programming.

You are supposed to submit ideas for panels and if there is one you are interested in being a panelist you submit your name.

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

6. AKalel

AKalel Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 22, 2005
    Actually there is a few comic related panels. Just a heads up if you have never attended a con or have but never attended any panels you should it's a blast I am a long time attendee and have had some interesting experiences. Lastly if you have the guts try to enter the masquerade most masqueraders (myself included) are a blast and like the other parts of the con you can have a fun time and experience unique situations.

7. Arsinoe

Arsinoe Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    Okay, it was a bear to get registered.

Now I'm trying to sign up for panels, and it's being a bear yet again.

Arghh! *pulls out hair*

dunno if it's the site or the way IE and Firefox are running on my new comp.

8. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    Yeah the new system has not been very user friendly. I will pass on your frustrations to the web people.

When you sign up for panels you are not automatically approved. They review each person who sign up and normally it is just a formality.

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

9. DaleSabers

DaleSabers Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2006
    is it too late to sign up? I'm going to be in toronto that week for the international academy of designs summer studio program.

10. AKalel

AKalel Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 22, 2005
    Actually you have to preregister/register (pay your monies) before you sign up for any panels. This being said you do not have to register/preregister to submit panel ideas.

11. DaleSabers

DaleSabers Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2006
    so i can register when i get to the convention? Or do i have to do it before hand?

12. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    You can register at the convention. If you want to be on a panel you have to pre-register.

13. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    You should have said something, I would have looked at it when I was in the area...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.