main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW Polcheck needs YOU! March 15th

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by The_Scream_Man, Feb 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    WHEN: March 15th 1:30-3:30
    WHERE: Manly Youth Centre on Kangaroo St in Manly
    WHY:
    Well, Polcheck has moved into it's second season, and now we need YOUR help.

For those who don't know, The Polcheck Chronicles is a web series started by myself and Pat Feary about a Detective named Hans Polcheck. He goes around solving crime and occasionally fighting aliens. Ok, that was just one time.

Anyway.

The entire series is Improv, so whilst we have episodes plotted in advance, the dialogue and set ups are done on the day. Our first results (Several years ago now) were a mixed bag; Funny, but technically inadequate. As we move into Season 2, we have a bit more of a budget and talent to make the series much better, and so we are.

The episode in question has a band called Sentence Fragment hire Hans to go undercover with them and try and find a killerwho is knocking them off. Hans becomes their bass player, and does a gig with them, so he will be on stage if anything happens.

The squence we are shooting is a concert sequence and so i need a crowd. In fact i need a big one. folks, the more of you that can come, the better off we will be. The music is a very bad rip-off of bands like My Chemical Romance. Yes, they're emo. So please dress accordingly. All i need folks to do is come along, scream and yell and hve fun at the band. Ill occassionally ask for silent takes, where you mime what u are doing with minimal noise. Depending on numbers, you may be moved to different spots at different times to make it look more crowded.

please add comments if u have any questions, and also PLEASE feel free to invite friends. The more we have the better this will work.

i can offer nothing but (Hopefully) some food for those who come and the chance to bein a small series no one will ever see. Except the 4000 or so viewers who have watched each of the other episodes.

So reply here or on Facebook or wherever u like, but PLEASE come along. I need the help!!!

2. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    *Sniff* you had me at "Action"....

3. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Thanks mate. I really appreciate it.

4. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Managed to get together a small crowd for you, couple of goth type girls I work with who are bringing a couple of friends each.

Plus a spare roadie for teh roadie scenes, and he's an actual roadie!

5. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    awesome! get me short sizes for u and him, I have someone who's gonna make shirts

6. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    yeah...

Not going to wear shorts for anyone dude :)

7. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    gah...

i meant shirt sizes.

Also today i had a setback and so need to talk to you. I think your part just got bigger. And there is every chance u are now crazy and weild a bomb. But then get punched out by Nikki.

I think.
    Maybe.

Ill call u.

8. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Remember we talked about this originally and I said it's the first time I haven't been cast as either a bodyguard/bouncer/hitman/criminal/drug dealer/pimp?

And now you have me attempting to kill people?

Talk about typecast...

9. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    To be fair, it was more your PART that evolved into that than a pre-planning on my part...

10. Exploding_Chicken

Exploding_Chicken Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 23, 2002
    At least your parts have lines (I assume), Sith. I never get lines... ;)

11. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    If u come along, I promise to give u a line. and not just the same line as a repeating crowd, but an actual line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.