main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Political Arena

Discussion in 'Archive: Mojave Desert, CA' started by Stridarious, Mar 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002

[i][u][b][color=darkgreen]Political Arena[/b][/color][/i][/u]:[hr][/blockquote]

[blockquote]All [b][color=darkgreen]Members[/b][/color] are encouraged to post their many political [b][color=darkgoldenrod]aspects[/b][/color] here. Although they are stating their feelings we ask that all respect each others [i]views[/i], and not make fun of them, but rather listen to them, then state your views.
    This [b][color=darkgreen]debate[/b][/color] is not restricted to only participating in their war type themes but all areas of these political issues occuring statewide & worldwide.[/blockquote]

2. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    My veiws on the war:

FREEDOM

isn't

FREE.

Saw that on a Pro-War sign. Oh and the Hamsters kick butt.

3. Jedi_Daniel

Jun 16, 2002
    Great thread idea by the way...

4. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    That is absolutely right! Freedom comes at the cost of others lives. :( many will die, but those who live will have died a horriblier death then in that war. They will be haunted by those images for the rest of they're lives.

5. Jedi_Daniel

Jun 16, 2002
    Yeah, you don?t see people crying over the Revolutionary War... or World War II.

6. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Yeah, but thats because many do not know much about it in our time. All we know is what we were told by either our great grandparents or the history books, and that doesn't help very much.

7. JangoFett316

JangoFett316 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2001
  8. Jedi_Daniel

Jun 16, 2002
    Soon they will develop something worse then a Nuclear Weapon.

?I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.?
    -Albert Einstein

9. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    I have every faith in Bush.

With that said, Go U.S.A.! Bout time we kicked Saddam out.

Hey, you know why he was named that?

Because he is Sa Ddam Insane!

10. Venn-Zanos

Venn-Zanos Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2003
    As human beings we may not be living up to our own potental, but the actions we take must raise the bar of potental for those who come after us. And if war must be our tool to do this then so be it.

11. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    I would agree to these statements. Soon we our own nation would ultimately destoy ourselves, we the human race have condemed ourselves to wa with the constructin of these weapons.

12. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    Me, I'm not a fan of war. I don't see how this democracy thing will work for history has shown a country with no experience of a democracy doesn't work. We should be focusing on ourselves or North Korea if any country. Bush is just trying to finish what his father started. The gov't doesn't think of how it will affect so many people. War is just horrible and I feel bad for the innocent who are killed and are injured. This war is so stupid. And I would be protesting with the people that have been against this war. War is sad and it's going to end the whole human race if people can't get along.

13. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Saddam is a madman who is/was after nothing but a missile system capable of hitting the United States. Not to mention, a large sum of the funding for the 9/11 attacks came from the Iraqi regime. N. Korea has the bomb and in turn is an "I'll aim your way, you'll aim my way, but we don't want to reap the others rath so nothing will happen." situation. The war in Iraq is about continuing the war on terror and ridding the world of yet another madman. Oh, and the U.S. isn't a democracy. We are a constitutional republic founding on the beliefs of democracy. If this was true/direct democracy, Gore would be in power and we wouldn't have a need for congress. So, as I have stated:

Iraq war is not only just, Clinton should have done it. And he would've if it hadn't been for those meddling Joint Chiefs of Staff.

U.S.A.= Constitutional Gov.
    Power Scale:
    Congress
    President
    Judicial

14. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Bush is an excellent President, his steps lead by God. I just pray that both people could end this swiftly.

15. Jedi_Daniel

Jun 16, 2002
    Bush Jr isn?t finishing what daddy started... what George Bush Seniors? goal was to liberate Kuwait from the occupation from Iraq? mission succeeded, no need to get Saddam Insane now, let the next president worry about that... oh wait! Clinton was to busy with Monica!

Arnold For President- 2008:
    [image=http://www.buscacine.com/images/inicio/arnold.jpg]

Oh right... not born here.

16. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    "I second that vote, with venegence!" [face_devil] -Homer Simpson

Yes, Bush is not completing what Bush Senior was doing, no instead he is protecting our country. Now, in my opion I do not agree with war, but, I do not protest it, if chances were not given to the other side then I would, for that is not the means as far as the bible states. I do not like war, but in this case it is required, and now it is too late to say anything, but in this case we must pray for those soliders, and support them, no matter how bad war is.

17. Jedi_Daniel

Jun 16, 2002
    Think of it as...we have a chance to stop Hitler before he became a real threat.

Oh and oil is tasty.

18. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    In my opinion Bush is stupid. Well not stupid but I'm not a fan of him at all. This war is just ridiculous and sad. I absolutely hate this and it's terrible! :(
    I mean Iraq has killed some of our men and all. It's just horrible. I mean imagine being told your husband or wife was killed in the war. :(
    Or just a family member. :(

19. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    All wars have the same causes though, I agree with both statements, but I also suggest that seeing as though we cannot stop what has already occured, I would strongly erge us to pray for those soliders and support them in their efforts. :)

20. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Here is a better scenario that would happen if Saddam stays in power. It already happens I mean.

Mom: Hello, who is it?
    Republican Guard: You're under arrest ma'am.
    Mom: What for?
    R.G.: You're husband spoke ill of our President. The order is for his family to be brought in and executed. You're lucky though, the President himself will put the tape of you, your husband, and your children's deaths in his personal archive so as he can watch you die over and over again.

Oh, by the way. If he has enemys, he puts them in Plastic Shredders. Which happens to be like putting someone in a meat grinder. People over there are desperate for liberation. Some have said they'd commit suicide if the current regime was to stay in power. Now tell me we aren't saving lives?

P.S. More people die everyday from smoking than will die in this war. I'm sorry, but any war will cost lives. That is just the way of it. More people died in a day of the Rev. War than will die in this war as well.

21. Jedi_Daniel

Jun 16, 2002
    Saddam Insane also has this one room that has pipes which drip acid... sticks people he doesn't like in there.

22. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Yes, there are those problems which could arise if things were not to be looked out now. Either way someone has to die. And the sad thing is, that death seems to solve everything, I mean can't they fight each other at Tug A War? ah, that would be some sight! [face_laugh]

23. Jedi_Daniel

Jun 16, 2002
    Um... Saddam Insane already does that. Not the tug of war part....

24. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    And Torture doesn' count [face_laugh]

25. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    How can you guys just talk like that? No matter what people will die....yeah they will but it's sad still and just to talk about like oh this means nothing, it does. And what was with the being arrested for speaking ill of the president for? People don't have to like the principal and yes it's true more people die from drugs but war is still HORRIBLE! :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.