main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Political Arena

Discussion in 'Archive: Mojave Desert, CA' started by Stridarious, Mar 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    Yeah you do have a point, but one thing, North Korea has more nuclear weapons then Iraq does, why not focus on them first? North Korea would use them for they dropped the treaty they had so now they can use them. How scary is that?

2. AnakinWisler

AnakinWisler Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    We have an "excuse" to go to war with Iraq right now. N. Korea isn't as much of a threat even though they have nuclear weapons. But if they were every to try to use them...may God have mercy on them. [face_devil]

3. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    Yeah but they have an exuse to attack us and other countries do too which can increase terroism too.

4. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    We can?t focus on North Korea because the very reason you just stated. They have nuclear weapons, nothing is stopping them from using them, and if we try to disarm them, they will use them, that?s why we don?t really do anything about it. What we?re trying to do with Iraq, is so they don?t turn into another North Korea.

5. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Many see this as another World War III :) .

6. Jedi_Daniel

Jun 16, 2002
  7. Venn-Zanos

Venn-Zanos Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2003
    This is not world war three. World war is a literal term. Means everyone is involved. This is just another conflict between the U.S. and Iraq, and a few of our friends. Just another case of the U.S. sweeping the worlds problems under the rug cause we'er the only one's who can and will.

P.S. I hate france

8. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Not so. Do yo realize the danger of this war? I think we as a nation have sometimes built ourselves up too much. If China uses those Nuclear weapon any nation do you think that other nations would get involved? Or do you think that if one missle was to accidently hit "God's Choosen" Nation, that it's people will not retailate? I do not think that this is just a small war. And it is at any moment that this could get terribly out of hand.

9. Jedi_Daniel

Jun 16, 2002
    Why the heck would China use nuclear weapons on someone? There?s no reason. A world war can?t happen with Iraq because it?s just one of hundreds of endeavors the US has been involved in, like Desert Storm, Desert Fox, Liberation of Panama, Kosova, Libya... and so on, and so on... And only 20% of the nation is currently against the war, keep that in mind.

10. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    China has enough problems, what with their population crisis and the fact that Communism is keeping them from dealing with that right, to nuke someone right now. Korea can only hit up to California right now, but that is too close so we won't do much.

How will this become a World War? Again, even if the Middle East did rise against us, the only nations involved would be the the middle East, the U.S. and Britain. Cause you know nobody else in Europe will do anything.

[fakeFrenchaccent] We are French, we only want to make clothes. We do not want war. We just want to make clothes and not shave our armpits.[/fakeFrenchaccent]

11. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Just keep this all in mind, there are many things that are to be revealed later. I pray and hope that I am wrong. But you must understand that though this may be another endevour set by the US, there can still be that slightiest chance of WWIII. All the pieces are in place to strike. If all those who opposed us where to rise up, then you better believe a war would break out. I admire Bush for his compassion towards those in that country and his longing to give them the chances they deserved before we began attack. Liberating may be the mission, but greater is the calling.

12. Jedi_Daniel

Jun 16, 2002
    The only countries that oppose any real threat to us is China, and North Korea. Countries don?t just declare war, they will only declare war against us if there is a reason, and there is not a good enough reason for such an act.

13. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Is there not? Perhaps just our military advance closer to them might shake them. As Yoda says, "Do not assume anything..."

14. Jedi_Daniel

Jun 16, 2002
    Like the hundred other military advances we have made? And who is this ?them?, you make it sound like every other country is against us.

15. Venn-Zanos

Mar 15, 2003
    We don't make advances for nothing. There's always a good reason for anything america does. we don't spend 75 billion dollars to see how far we deploy our troops, we do it to serve a reason, weather it be for america's interestes or the world's is up to them not us.

16. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Well either way, I think it is time to take a break from that war issue and step into somethng that is alittle bit claimer and not presently happening.

How do you feel on Abortions?

17. Jedi_Daniel

Jun 16, 2002
    How is that a calmer issue?

18. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    People mostly compair this war to the Vietnam War rather than World War 3. There's no such thing as a calmer issue. That is a big issue too.

19. Jedi_Daniel

Jun 16, 2002
  20. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    ARGGHH!! You guys are way too literate! 8-} I did not mean that this isue is of no importance, anyway wat do you guys feel about it?

21. Venn-Zanos

Mar 15, 2003
    Okay there, I think that this discusion was very interesting, but to go from this to that. uum... "I don't think so tim". Can we get something a little better then that subject.

22. JangoFett316

JangoFett316 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2001
  23. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    So what do you think about the fact that China has nuclear arms?

Is this question any better?

24. Jedi_Daniel

Jun 16, 2002
    You think that?s bad, you should see this place.

25. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.