main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Poll: 2014 Book Club Dates Question (I'm getting on this sucker!)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Yoda_Jammies, Dec 11, 2013.

?

Same as allways, or first monday of the even-numbered month?

Poll closed Dec 18, 2013.
  1. First Monday of Feb. April. June. Aug. Oct. Dec?

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Keep alternating between first Monday and first Saterday.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Just throwing this out. We had more Mondays this year, and turn out seemed better. So, I ask, should we just stick with the first Monday of every other month, or continue with alternating Monday and Friday?

So, if we went with all Mondays:
    Feb. 3, April 7, June 2, Aug. 4, Oct. 6, Dec. 1

If we kept our current schedule:
    Friday, Feb. 7 , Monday April 7 , Friday June 6, Monday Aug. 4, Friday Oct. 3, Monday Dec 1.

Again, I just bring this up as we seem to have better turn out on Mondays, and consistency may help too. (I know I have, more than once, shown up on a Monday during a Friday Book Club). But, having the flexibility of days has its merits too, which was why we did to. So thus, a vote:
    :)

2. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    I vote all Mondays...

3. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    I went and voted for Mondays even though it's always a crap shoot if I'm working or not.

4. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Wow, that is 3 votes for Mondays so far. That is what I expected, Friday turnouts had been slim in comparison to Mondays.

Keep in mind, I do not vote on Book Club polls-(unless there is a tie)- I want it to be our Book Club not Jammies Club. Now, I know I did pick the books for a few months this year without " a committee" but that was for expediency, and they were all books the club had said they wanted to read anyway.

And I just said that for folks who may not know.

You know who does know? Who knows everything about you, and will heal all of your hurts with his majestic ocher? Waru. All hail Waru.

5. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Oh, and since I bumped this thread I will add this:

Lord_Zannah, you can vote for Appo as well. i mean, if he has a strong opinion about what bantam book to read while he is in Dothan. Because, you know, what else are you going to do in the crappiest part of Alabama? I'm sure that book choices is the first thing on his mind right now (yes, the subject and verb do agree!). I'm being sarcastic, but for reals-- if you think he would want to read X then you can vote for yourself and him.

Cool?

6. Lord_Zannah

Lord_Zannah Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    We also say Mondays. I just got off of the phone with him... Fridays just aren't good. The start of the weekend and all. ;) Good question my Jammies.