main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Poll: Clone Wars or Prequel Anakin

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by phonz3, Feb 21, 2013.

?

Anyone else like TCW Anakin way better than movie Anakin?

1. Yes - Love Cartoon Anakin

76.7%
  2. No - Like Hayden better

23.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    And in EP II he also lost one of his most important relatives.

In EP II he was younger and lack of war experience, also lost his mother, so of course he would be more immature and emotional, in EP III he was having panic about Padme's possible death and was keep seducing by the Dark Side, he was in the center of the storm, so he would not be that calm. Of course if the movie follows Stover's way it would be even better.

2. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Yes, that's the (biggest) problem with the PT.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  3. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Well movie isn't TV series, it could only focus on the most dramatic period, of course people might argue EP I should have the adult Anakin, I will say show us child Anakin in EP I has its pros and cons.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    ROTS Anakin>Both Clone War Anakin's>TPM Anakin>AOTC Anakin

5. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Hmm, well, I'm abstaining .. but I will say, when I think of the character Anakin Skywalker, it's the TCW model I see in my 'head canon.'

Darthgoodguy likes this.
  6. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011

7. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    None of the above. They underwhelm and surprise positively in their separate ways.

8. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I wonder what would happen....if TCW Anakin somehow encountered PT Anakin? Would they fight? If so, who would win?

9. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    The Anakin who appeared in the movies is the only Anakin who has ever existed.
    How is it even possible people like the animated version of Anakin better?
    It is only a cartoon series. Real movies are way better.
    Hayden did a great job portaying Anakin in ROTS.
    Although, I have to admit his performance in AOTC was not that great.

Fish On The Sand likes this.
  10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    PT Anakin would be too busy complaining about Obi-Wan to even notice when TCW Anakin muttered "yeah, shut up" and whacked him over the head from behind.

Then TCW Obi-Wan would say "Now was that really necessary?" and TCW Anakin would say "What? I didn't do anything."

11. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Um, my votes is for OT Anakin.

12. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    It's this little thing called an 'opinion'.

13. LadyTila

LadyTila Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 13, 2010
    Anakin tcw and Anakin movie are two complately different persons,that is so clear.I preffer the one from tcw coz he seems to be more mature and more dependable.Sometimes I cant even understand how could he go from this show being all nice and everything to Sith lord killing younglings.But as someone said we saw Anakin in akward periods in movies,first he was some little kid,then teenager with raging hormones still undeveloped as person,then period where he really starts to go dark.We actually never saw him in his prime of a Jedi and thats unfortunate.

rumblewagon likes this.
  14. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I can't vote, because I sure as hell don't love TCW Anakin, or any version of Anakin.

I guess I like the micro-series version of Anakin the most. That montage of him showing up like The Flash to save everyone was awesome.

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  15. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Why did you label TCW Anakin as Cartoon Anakin? Shouldn't the poll be Animated Anakin vs. Wooden Anakin?

16. BlenderWars

BlenderWars Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 20, 2013
    TCW Anakin seems so fake to me. All his "thats not the jedi way" speaches making him look like an even bigger moron than his whine in the PT.

So i am chosing PT over TCW Anakin.

17. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Yea, really, TCW isn't a cartoon :p

18. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Add me to the list of TCW Anakin supporters. He seems much more the hero type and friend of Obi-Wan that we were led to believe he was.

[​IMG]

19. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    The CW Anakin it's not even close, he is much more the tragic hero archetype character than the PT Anakin ever was.

Now we need a debate thread on which Padme do people prefer :p

20. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    PT Anakin and TCW Anakin are in different situation. There is no good or bad, it's just different periods of a character.

21. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Exactly, the PT Anakin showed on how he fell to the Dark Side while TCW Anakin shows how much of a good friend he is and more happy than he was in EP. II and also continues on his path to the Dark Side

22. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Yeah, in EP II he was an inexperienced padawan, in TCW he was the Jedi knight who fought in the war already, and he didn't lose one of his most important relatives in TCW, at least not yet. In EP III he was in the center of the storm, none of the incident he met in TCW(maybe except the future he was on Mortis) was close to what he met in EP III.

23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Well, he has no relatives anymore unless you count Padme

24. Scimitar13

Scimitar13 Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2013
    I think Anakin was good in the prequels, but the Clone Wars certainly helps to flesh him out more. The movies were more focused on Anakin's fall and transformation into Vader, the Clone Wars does not have to focus on this and so is able to show us a different side to him. I think giving him an apprentice was a good move and helped to show us a different side to him and provided a means for him to mature in the series as we see him grow as a teacher.

25. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    Except for losing his mother in Ep. II.

I vote for TCW (gendy included), mostly because they are easier to watch, but also because, yeah- I wanted to see Obi Wan fighting alongside Anakin as a jedi knight, and those moments are few and far between, especially when not involving Anakin's fall to the dark side.

If the performance was better in Ep. II-III, I'd go with that, though. :p And that's not Hayden's fault, necessarily... not completely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.