main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Poll: Favourite Solo Character

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Jordan1Kenobi, May 24, 2018.

?

Who was your favourite Solo character?

1. Han Solo

69 vote(s)
    29.7%
  2. Chewbacca

40 vote(s)
    17.2%
  3. Lando Calrissian

28 vote(s)
    12.1%
  4. Qi’ra

27 vote(s)
    11.6%
  5. Tobias Beckett

17 vote(s)
    7.3%
  6. Dryden Vos

6 vote(s)
    2.6%
  7. L3-37

9 vote(s)
    3.9%
  8. Enfys Nest

30 vote(s)
    12.9%
  9. Val

1 vote(s)
    0.4%
  10. Rio Durant

5 vote(s)
    2.2%
  1. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Chewie. Always Chewie. Joonas does such a good job with him! ^:)^ There was nobody better to take over the mantle from Peter. When he arrives, things happen, and the movie starts getting much better. He brought much of the humor and heart into the film...and he was the main reason I decided to see this in the theater. So glad he didn't disappoint. =D=

Bob Effette and Darth Smurf like this.
  2. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    Couldn’t agree more. I have always loved Chewie, and this movie just upped the love to stratospheric levels. Who wouldn’t want to have him watching their back?

I just wish they had left some of the stuff from the TV spots in, e.g. “Ah, what do you know?” and the TV spot groan when Han shows him his hand of cards (freakin’ hilarious )

The scene at the end that showed the backs of Han and Chewie on the beach with Chewie’s arm round Han is going to be an iconic image I think.

Ridley Solo likes this.
  3. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Han. Alden really made me believe he is a young Han Solo.

Of course, Glover was terrific, but I actually appreciated the subtlety of Alden's performance more.

Special mention to Joonas Suotomo's Chewie. Best Chewie movie since ESB, or maybe ever.

Last edited: May 28, 2018
    wobbits and Bob Effette like this.
  4. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    Han of course

But of the new characters -- L3

Strongbow likes this.
  5. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    For me it is Han. Ehrenreich had a tough job and I think he succeeded. The goal was not to imitate Harrison Ford. He had to portray Han in a way that makes us believe he could be a young Han Solo. If he had failed the movie was toast. The poor box office was not due to Ehrenreich's performance.

wobbits and Ricardo Funes like this.
  6. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    You know, speaking of characters, I was surprised Nien Nunb wasn't there with Lando; but then I read on Wookieepedia that he didn't join the Rebels until after the destruction of Alderaan.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  7. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah, and he’s not with Lando on Bespin either.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  8. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Come to think of it, how/why does Lando pick Nien to be his co-pilot on the Falcon anyway against Death Star II over Endor?

9. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Well, there’s a bunch of time that passes between ESB and ROTJ. So I just assume they got to know each other then. Or maybe he’s an old friend. Don’t think new canon has addressed that yet.

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    But how old a friend would he be if he was one?

11. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    No idea. Maybe Lando meets him soon after the events of Solo, and he replaces L3 as a regular companion? Maybe he knew him from earlier? Lots of options.

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I voted L3. Enfy’s Nest would be a close second, with Val and Rio right behind her.

13. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Enfys Nest and the cloud riders for me. The masks and armor are neat, but the fact that they turn out to be never never land kids fighting evil space pirates is the best thing ever.

Last edited: May 28, 2018
  14. OliffWanKenobi

OliffWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2016
    I voted Chewie but it was a tough call between him & Han. While I was always positive about Alden's casting it was still a hell of a thing to have to do, and both he & Joonas really added to their characters. I liked all the new characters but Rio was my favourite, thought it was a crying shame that Thandie Newton didn't have more to do. This list may change on future viewings....

1. Chewbacca
    2. Han Solo
    3. Lando Calrissian
    4. Rio Durant
    5. Qi'Ra
    6. Dryden Vos
    7. Tobias Beckett
    8. L3
    9. Enfys Nest
    10. Val

15. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    Enfys for sure. Honestly it’s not even close in my mind. Chewie and Lando are distant second/third placers, about tied, and “Han” (no disrespect intended, just how I see him) in 4th because AE was very entertaining. I’d probably put Becket in 5th, just because of WH though. Actually I was annoyed by his characterization, but I can’t not love WH...

16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I would’ve Iiked her to be older because I feel there’s a bit of an ageism problem in SW. If you’re older, you’re a washed up has been and need to get out of the way of the kids. Would have been even more awesome if Enfys was that older woman on Savareen who was impersonating her at the end.

That said, I can’t wait to see what’s in store for her in the future. So much potential.

Sarge and wobbits like this.
  17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I liked her as a kid but I agree with you. There tends to be an issue with any character over 50 being portrayed as washed up, old, stupid, etc.

wobbits likes this.
  18. Organafan

Organafan Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2017
    Chewbacca. He is the one character consistently useful and always interesting in the new movies. There is one shot during the first Sabacc game that just lingers on him watching the game.
    We get to hear him talk more in a conversational way, like at Jabba's Palace when he was telling Han about Luke being a Jedi Knight. Ron Howard or whomever understands the power of the two-shot of Han and Chewie in the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon, something that was missing in "The Force Awakens" where there was not a complete frontal shot of the two sitting in their chairs.

19. Kuestmaster

Kuestmaster Jedi Master star 2

Nov 17, 2012
    I liked Han much more than I thought I would. Alden clearly nailed it.

Sometimes it was clear he was trying a little to hard to emulate that natural Ford charm, but overall he was very good.

20. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    But Chewie looked fantastic for 190 years old. :p

Sarge and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  21. Bor Gullet

Bor Gullet Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 8, 2018
    Chewie for me, because I feel like I've been waiting my whole life to see THIS sort of Chewbacca in a film. The enraged, enslaved beast who goes on to show his true colours as loyal, brave kind, friend. It was old school 'natural' Chewie humour too, just coming from the performance rather than any forced jokes and snuffling in the backround. When Chewie stays back to save the other Wookies I was pumping my fist silently to myself.
    Oh, and can we get a bit of love for the female Wookie? I think that's what she was? What was her name? Shavareen? Very cool design and it was a nice scene when she and Chewbacca touched heads to part ways after the battle. Hopefully she will pop up in future films, books, comics etc.

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Yoda says "that's cute."

Sarge likes this.
  23. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I thought Alden did a great job as Han Solo, but I had to give my vote as well to Enfy's Nest. I must learn more about this one.

24. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
  25. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Glover was a natural Lando which I expected.

I am totally impressed with Alden Ehrenreich.

I went into the theater expecting him to crap on Han Solo\Harrison Ford.

Got 180'd.

I came out thinking 'Man he nailed it'.

Chewie was my fav though.