Rebels Poll: How Many Episodes/Seasons of 'Rebels' will there be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes, Jan 7, 2014.

?

How Many Episodes/Seasons of 'Rebels' will there be?

2 or less seasons (less than 50 episodes) 9 vote(s) 14.8%
3-4 seasons (less than 100 episodes) 17 vote(s) 27.9%
5-6 seasons (100-150 episodes) 26 vote(s) 42.6%
7 or more seasons (over 150 episodes) 9 vote(s) 14.8%
  1. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6

500 episodes is sufficient enough [face_mischief]
    TX-20 likes this.
  2. SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Six to seven seasons sounds good to me.
    RJ Carey likes this.
  3. DeviantSpirit Jedi Master

star 1
    I think six is the sweet spot. Five seasons could even be sufficient. Considering the nature of the show, the seasons need to feel as though they're building up to something on a linear scale, which means it can't afford to be meandering or drawn-out. I could easily envision eight seasons of Clone Wars because it wasn't a single story being told in episode increments, but rather a chronicle of different events during that time period. Rebels is a different beast and needs compact storytelling.
    Last edited by DeviantSpirit, Jan 18, 2014
    RJ Carey and Circular Logic like this.
  4. CommanderDrenn Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Depending on how good the show is, I could see it lasting 7 seasons. That era was definitely left open, so there is a lot of wiggle room for the show.
    RJ Carey likes this.
  5. hlc88 Force Ghost

star 4
    This is Disney we are talking about. I can't see them doing well with this... Even though it is the same team as TCW... I give this show 2 seasons tops.
    Darth Desolous likes this.
  6. Darth Mateus Jedi Master

star 1
    Let´s be realistic, 2 seasons minimum - while first airs, second would be already in production, but if they make it "mature enough" show, then they can catch up to TCW...still, so many possibilities, and so many classic OT characters (they can even make episodes ´bout Yoda or Obi Wan). All depending on how they screw up first season :D
    EDIT: and possibly Gascon, Jar Jar and other favourite characters are dead already ... :D
    Last edited by Darth Mateus, Jan 21, 2014
  7. mes520 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Five to six at most. I imagine they'll want to start working on a show set between ROTJ and VII. Even one between VII and VIII and so on and so forth
  8. Cushing's Admirer Force Ghost

star 6
    I would say they would aim for 3-5 seasons to really start sinking their teeth into creating their own lore and reshaping cannon as they see fit.
  9. markdeez33 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Anywhere from 3 to 5 seasons, I'd say
  10. MaulLover1313 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    It should be at least as long as the Clone Wars so there should be more than 100 episodes.
  11. Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Yeah, I agree. 5-6 seasons. I enjoyed the Tron show and wanted to get it on blu-ray. Nope. I hope Disney does a better job with Star Wars and I think they will because it's Star Wars, but if it gets screwed up I won't be surprised.
  12. credar Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I would say 5-6. I hope that it starts out with this serialized story type, but slowly begins to branch out until we see the full on Galactic Civil War, The Clone Wars Anthology style in season 3 or 4 till the finale. Speaking of the finale, it would be cool if they end up showing the Battle of Yavin 4 from the main characters' perspectives or the events leading up to the very beginning of episode 4.through getting the Death Star plans and getting them to Leia. That would make each season be around half a year to a year's worth long, pretty good for filling in the timeline. Maybe a cameo voiceover from Carrie and Mark or maybe even Harrison (Okay credar, don't get TOO crazy here)? Who knows! :D
    Last edited by credar, Jan 30, 2014
  13. TKT Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    One episode. A multitude of charming and engaging new characters are introduced, join forces against the evil Empire, and then all die at the end when the Ghost is obliterated by a single turbolaser blast from a star destroyer.
  14. TX-20 Force Ghost

star 4
    Six Seasons and a Movie.
    Dark Lord Tarkas and credar like this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett Force Ghost

star 4
    I hope we get 5 seasons because there is a core cast rebels does not seem like it will spread out from that so 5 season would be enough time to tell the story of the rebellion forming.
  16. Dark Lord Tarkas Force Ghost

star 4
    Another Community fan beat me to it. :p
    TX-20 likes this.
  17. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
  18. vong333 Force Ghost

star 4
    I chose 3 to 4 years also. Lets face it, this is Disney and not GL. He is not funding this show nor invovled. I don't beleve that this series can go to far before losing viewership and steam. I also think that those that beleive that Asohka is coming to this series will be in for a shock. I truly beleive that this series is Disney signature series and its flagship to move star wars forward. The clone wars characters had there spot in the sun. The most we can aspire to with some of those characters is to see them in some sort of comic book continuation or maybe the ending Pixar type lead in movie, byt thats it. This series is going to be different, I can feel it. Maybe.....not in a bad way. Unless they show me other wise, this series may be less than 100 episodes.
  19. Admiral_Wyvern Jedi Knight

star 1
    3-4 seasons seems realistic to me as most shows don't progress farther than that. I hope Disney is patient with this and doesn't pull the plug too soon.
  20. HEDGESMFG Force Ghost

star 4
    How long do I want it to be?

Long enough for the show to get a proper conclusion with all plot threads resolved. Oh, and get us to at least 2BBY, when the Rebellion is supposedly formed.

And also short enough to get a proper conclusion with all plot threads resolved.

Just let the show play out it's story as it needs to, but by golly don't let the writers waste time and end up with clone wars fate, where the final arc is resolved in a comic, maybe. (Especially since marvel would be producing that one, not dark horse)
    Contessa and Circular Logic like this.
  21. Battledroid796 Jedi Youngling

I think 125 is a good amount to show a good story, but short enough so it isn't dull.
  22. Revanfan1 Chosen One

star 5
    My hope is 3-4, and I think that's a reasonable hope. 6 would be pushing it and 7 would be next to unheard of. In any case, 3 would be ideal and 4 would be amazing.
  23. DarthTalgus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    This is my prediction on how the series will turn out
    Season 1 : Showing us the characters , starting the rebellion , Kallus dies in the season finale ( possible fight with the Inquisitor )

Season 2 : Others get inspired by the rebellion (Pedestrians,Senators like Bail Organa etc.) , They finally free lothal and Kanan and Ezra team up and kill the Inquisitor , The rebels starts building an army on Lothal , Vader arrives and begins to **** **** up , The crew of the Ghost sacrifices themselves so the troops can escape , The Crews sacrifice inspire Bail Organa and the other senators to form The Alliance to Restore the Republic
  24. Darth Wookiee Jedi Master

star 2
    I don't think Disney will allow that much death.....
  25. DarthTalgus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    They will have to eventually if they want too keep it realistic .''The greater the conflict , the greater the casualties''
    Darth Wookiee likes this.