main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

POLL: How well is LFL doing with continuity and canon?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Pellaeon-Firke, Jul 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ATimson

ATimson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 19, 2003
    For what it's worth. Most of the "Khameir Sarin" material got guillotined from the galleys of Brooks's novelization prior to the typesetting process, but there you go.

If it was removed at the galley stage, then that's not prior to typesetting; galleys are the second-to-last stage of publishing, where the book is typeset and handed over to author and editor to find any typos (and make minor tweaks if needed). So, um, the situation you described is kinda impossible. :)

2. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Any info of how his trap slew 7 whole Jedi, or was it just mentioned?

3. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    The place to check is Darth Maul Journal, if its not there then its yet another bit of info edited out by LFL for whatever reasons, and not made official by them.

4. Esplin9466

Esplin9466 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 27, 2002
    It's not there. I can't recall it being mentioned in any canon source.

5. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    personly one mistake that got under my skin was in Battle Surgeons the admiral guy (forgot his name) said he has hunted rancors and killed noghri in unarmed combat... might i point out that rancors are not well known in the galaxie, sure you see one in jabbas palace but there not well known, but i can live with that, but noghri? at this point there still an uknown species. i mean they couldnt even find em in the offcial NR Archives, another thing that ticks me off in in The New Rebellion Leia is the 'president of the New Republic', i mean what the crap? she is Cheaf of State (i know its spelled wrong but so sue me!)

EDIT: and as for the poll, i would give em a 7 for contuity total, there were doing good till the prequels, then Lucas screwed everything up. and i think a bunch of half starved fanboys would do better with the prequels

Well they probably also had Nute Gunray's scenario files from GBG as well, which also refrenced Darth Maul. Nute went as far as to explain everything that transpired in those files up to his loss, including telling an alternate version of events that he wished ocurred, had things gone right.

well no, when Tyrannus/Dooku explained the Sith were in league with Gunray Obi-Wan blatently called him a liar, if Gunray spilled all the beans and Obi-Wan found out Mauls name that way he would know about Gunray/Sith allieship

6. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "might i point out that rancors are not well known in the galaxie, sure you see one in jabbas palace but there not well known"

Actually there homeplanet isn't known. Some think its dathomir but they are found on many other planets. So no one knows which they originally came from. So they are more common than you think. There are several sub-species, IIRC, EGTAS correctly.

"but i can live with that, but noghri? at this point there still an uknown species."

Remember the the Battle of Honoghr occurs during the clone wars(sorry don't know if before or after battle surgeons). If before, those that were involved in the battle would know about them, or about the planet. If after then some noghri got off planet before the battle, and some characters had encounters with them.

7. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    well, the noghri issue may be fixed soon... the upcoming Republic story arc "Armor" will detail the battle over Noghri space... if it is placed prior to medstar, perhaps, after their discovery, info is passed around among game hunters and prizefighter circles that Noghri are good for combat challenges, and so they get their 15 minutes of fame until vader comes to help them out and keep them isolated again.

or perhaps, at some point a group of Noghri left Honoghr and joined the galaxy, and were known as fighters and were encountered by quite a few peoples but never revealed their homeworld (perhaps they no longer considered it home), however the main bulk of noghri were still isolated from the republic until the incidend over honoghr.

8. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Both stories are placed right at the "Month 24" mark, which would squeeze that likelihood into a *veeery* minute frame of probability. As far as I know, there hasn't been any firmed-up indicator from Lucasfilm itself as to which one begins prior to the other, but given the implied scope of the Honoghr disaster from the Zahn novels, it wouldn't shock me one scintilla if the overall length of the Republic's efforts there far eclisped a mere few weeks' time.

Aayla and Bly may spend only a few days there, but whichever side gets handed the mopping-up slopbucket's in for the long one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.