main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion [Poll] If Barriss Offee is the female inquisitor from S2, what should be her fate?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Valkyrus, Apr 21, 2015.

?

If the female inquisitor is Barriss Offee, her fate should be...

1. Killed by Ahsoka Tano

53 vote(s)
    48.2%
  2. Killed by Vader / Sidious for failure

14 vote(s)
    12.7%
  3. Killed by someone else

13 vote(s)
    11.8%
  4. Dies in some other way, accident, suicide etc.

10 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Doesn't die in the show at all

20 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Was he the one that pulled the trigger?

Like I said, he's as much of a sadist as those who admire his character would expect him to be. But again, has he ever directly killed anyone? Certainly not in the movies. I don't recall him shooting at either a Clone or a Jedi (or anyone else) during TCW; but I could be wrong.

If you're talking about him ordering someone to do it...well wouldn't it make sense that he would ORDER Inquisitor Barriss to go after Ahsoka; kind of like he ordered the last Inquisitor to kill the two imperial commanders.

2. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    The Alderaan situation was entirely his plan and choice of target, so the deaths are just as much his responsibility as the man's who actually pulled the lever or pushed the big red button. And in the Ahsoka situation he was the one who was militantly and vehemently pushing for a death sentence, so if she had died as a result, again he would have to take culpability even if he himself didn't literally shoot her himself. These aren't troops acting alone then passing the buck and claiming 'it was my orders!' he expressly ordered the deaths in question, they are a direct consequence of his actions.

3. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I think we all agree here that Tarkin was responsible for mass murder, it's just that he didn't personally push the button so to speak.

4. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    J89: Is that directed at me? I have never denied his responsibility. I simply don't treat him as inhuman or irredeemable like many do.

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Ok I think we can all agree that Tarkin, and NO ONE ELSE, was responsible for the mass murder of Alderaan. But again, he wasn't the one that shot the cannon. If he ordered Barriss to go after Ahsoka, that's his order. But if for some strange reason Filoni and company decided to kill off Ahsoka at the hands of Barriss, SHE GETS THE CREDIT. Anything outside of Tarkin fatally shooting Ahsoka with a blaster would be irrelevant. Tarkin's best weapon is his persuasive mouth.

6. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    I want to see Tarkin and Barriss working together, I hope agent Kallus's story gets fleshed out as well.

7. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    A's T: You and many do assume that but I don't lay sole blame at Tarkin's feet. Vader, the Emperor, the Gunner, and Leia all share it as well in my eyes.

So do I, Rex. Maybe even bring Wullf into the mix. :)

8. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    Cushing's Admirer me too Cushy!

I hope Yularen shows up and his character from TCW is expanded upon. Mustached officer ( Konstantine I believe?) Also seems to look interesting.

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  9. jakobitis89

Jan 27, 2015
    Ahsoka's Tano oh yeah, if Barriss is the femmequisitor and she fights Ahsoka, then it's totally on her from now on. But I presumed the original reference was to Tarkin pushing for a death sentence back in TCW, when it would have been on him instead.

Iron_lord likes this.
  10. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    Anyone notice that Palpatine and Tarkin were observing Barriss with suspicion and interest rather than contempt when she was confessing?

It seems like Palps and Tarkin cared less of what Ahsoka was being accused of and more that they wanted her arrested... Hmmmm

Maybe there are still unanswered mysteries and a layer of things we don't know yet in "the wrong jedi" arc.

Kill two birds with one stone? Palps gets Ahsoka out of the picture and further drives Anakin to the dark side and have Barriss take faith away from the public about the jedi order? Idk maybe I'm thinking too hard.

Iron_lord and Cushing's Admirer like this.
  11. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Yes, I so did! Tarkin did that with Kanan as well. He's a keen observer of reactions and a thinker. :) I too think there's lots of untapped potential from TCW that may cross to Rebels. How it reads is a different thing entirely.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Are you trying to suggest that the entire "wrong jedi" arc was a larger conspiracy set up by Palpatine and/or Tarkin from the get-go?

13. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    I'm not defending Barriss, I just think its a cool theory. What do think? Look at the way Tarkin and Palpatine look at her during the trial

It seems that she was threatening to spill the beans on them. Maybe her believing in what she did was a load of BS, maybe there is a conspiracy at work idk cool theory imo.

14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The entire PT was a conspiracy set up by Palpatine from the get-go.

jabberwalkie likes this.
  15. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    What do you think AF? Is it an interesting theory or am I thinking too deep? Maybe they offered her money or a place in the new order?:p

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  16. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Pondering stuff isn't bad, Rex. :)

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    For what it's worth, I'd always thought they were merely going through motions when she was taken away after the confession. I didn't get they were angry at all with Barriss. You could really pick up subtle hints from various characters in that last episode of the arc; even Yoda himself looks troubled. You almost get the feeling he knows how Ahsoka's walking out on the Jedi would effect Anakin in the long run.

18. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    Ahsoka's Tano I didn't mean like they were angry, but they definitely appeared to be thinking something... maybe?

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I just edited my post, and included the vid from the last episode.

20. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    Tarkin and Palpatine are definitely thinking something.

21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    IU, I like your theory. OOU, Bombiss was Bombiss because Lucas said so.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  22. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    This theory could tie to rebels big time. Barriss and Tarkin when walking in the hallway both seem to be trying to convince Ahsoka to let it go. Tarkin even says "I assure you the Chancellor rarely does anything without a plan." Barriss and Tarkin both dress the jedi down in that episode.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

He also tried getting Ahsoka killed.

24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Again, I would buy into the notion of either Palaptine, Tarkin, or BOTH ORDERING for Ahsoka's assassination (presumably by Barriss herself), but they'll still keep their hands clean in the process.

jabberwalkie likes this.
  25. jakobitis89

Jan 27, 2015
    I can see Barriss somehow having convinced herself that everything that went wrong actually was Ahsoka's fault (somehow) - The Dark Side and rational logic don't always go hand in hand. She sees herself as some sort of misunderstood martyr and Ahsoka as an actual villain despite the fact Ahsoka did nothing other than be in the wrong place at the wrong time, and has convinced herself catching/killing Ahsoka will make it all okay again.