main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion [Poll] If Barriss Offee is the female inquisitor from S2, what should be her fate?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Valkyrus, Apr 21, 2015.

?

If the female inquisitor is Barriss Offee, her fate should be...

1. Killed by Ahsoka Tano

53 vote(s)
    48.2%
  2. Killed by Vader / Sidious for failure

14 vote(s)
    12.7%
  3. Killed by someone else

13 vote(s)
    11.8%
  4. Dies in some other way, accident, suicide etc.

10 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Doesn't die in the show at all

20 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Everyone expects the Barriss Inquisition. It's not fun anymore. She lacks surprise... surprise and fear... fear and surprise... and ruthless efficiency. Yes, she lacks these three weapons. Surprise and fear and ruthless efficiency. And an almost fanatical devotion to the Po...Palpatine. I don't think she really cares. Yes, amongst her FOUR weapons, she lacks surprise and fear and a fanatical ruthless devotion to Palpatine... I'll come back again.

2. darth_revan96

darth_revan96 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 18, 2015
    I really hope the female inquisitor isn't Barriss Offee. I liked her in TCW, but I feel like Rebels shouldn't keep relying on Clone Wars characters. Barriss had her time in the spotlight and i think it would be far more interesting to have someone else as the female inquisitor.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That's the way The Clone Wars is sometimes.

4. ObsGryphon

ObsGryphon Jedi Padawan star 1

May 8, 2015
    Because it's predictable? Anybody going up against the mighty dark side & the Imps goes out in a coffin. Just like :

Bariss would be the inquisitor and duel with Ahsoka and die
    Ahsoka would duel Vader and die
    The Three Musketeers would go out with a heroic big bang
    Kanan would duel Vader or somebody and die
    * on the Ghost crew would die

In short, everybody not in the OT dies so by the time of the OT, the cast and events we saw is completely as it should be. :p

5. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

Well! WELL! I didn't expect a kind of Imperial Inquisition!

Amongst Barriss's dearth of weaponry are such elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Emperor, and nice black uniforms. You see she's the only one who wears it, so it's not really a uniform, is it? A nice black uniform is not amongst her weapon menagerie. This is, indeed, a serious oversight. Most serious. And most expected, alas. Most.

6. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Bless you.

7. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Bariss was cunning when she lured the unsuspecting Tano to her would be doom and took out Ventress. She knew the environment and took great advantage of it and had the element of surprise attack and was not holding back in the fight nor had any Jedi morals restraining her. Plus she orchestrating the whole bombing and everything else , apparently on her own.

Iron_lord likes this.
  8. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Anyone else think the orders about sending in a new inquisitor was hinting at Barriss?

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  9. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014

Yep.

And I think she will capture Ezra in a future episode (as some concept art showed with her and Ezra talking) to lure Ahsoka out to fight her. I mean, that way the Empire can try to capture Ahsoka as well to bring to Vader. So hopefully Barriss is the female Inquisitor.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  10. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    I agree. It would also make sense for Vader to use someone that would toy with Ahsoka' s emotions now that he has discovered she is still alive. I hope if Barriss is the inquisitor they will show her relationship with Vader and explain her motives, rather than just "I'm a bad guy now whatev's".

11. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    sarlaccsaurs-rex

Yeah, I hope they do that as well if Barriss really is the female Inquisitor. I mean, maybe that's how she proves her loyalty to Vader. He tells her she needs to capture and possibly kill Ahsoka to prove her loyalty to him and the Empire. Though I admit, I sort of expect Vader to be very cold to Barriss if they ever end up working together. I mean, she did frame Ahsoka and everything.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  12. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I agree with TheSilentInfluence

If it is Barriss, she'll be used to draw out Ahsoka - see Sidious's remarks at the end of season 2 debut.

13. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
  14. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I thought Barriss died in order 66? Or did something happen in the new canon that I haven't seen yet?

15. daniel brown

daniel brown Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2015
    Something happened in The Clone Wars Season 5 that caused Barriss to not be present during order 66. I won't spoil it for you incase you want to watch it yourself

16. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015

Ah okay thank you. I haven't gotten that far as of yet. Makes more sense.

17. daniel brown

daniel brown Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2015
    Your welcome :) Hope you enjoy the series

18. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014

What do you mean? What orders? You mean Sidious giving an order to Vader or?

19. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007

That post I made is old, Its already confirmed she's not the season 2 female inquisitor.

20. TimeMask

TimeMask Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2015
    When I watched the episode I didn't think the female-inquisitor is Barris but then I watched the trailer and began to think it could be Barris.

In the season 2 trailer when "lost jedi" is spoken we see the female-inquisitor and I thought this could hint that the female-inquisitor was a jedi. Next the female-inquisitor she fights Asohka in the tailer.

I'd like to see Barris as she was one of my fave characters but even if she was in rebels as another character she may not get much screen time.

Were does it confirm that Barris is not the season 2 female inquisitor?

I'd say its more likely the female inquisitor is a new character but she could be Barris.

Maybe her personality changed over the years due to being on the dark side. And she removed her old tattoos and got new tattoo to signify that she's on the dark side.

Also she could have tattooed the whites of her eyes black and got yellow sith eyes from being on the dark side.

21. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007

Ironically my former post is also now outdated, as rumors are floating around that it could be Barriss again.

22. TimeMask

TimeMask Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2015
    Here's a link to the the fem inquisitor interrogates Ezra.

At 1:29 seconds Ezra asks who is Ashoka and the female inquisitor then smiles but this could just be because she is amused that Ezra is still trying to hide who Ashoka is.

If the female inquisitor is a new character then the 1st time she heard of Ashoka would be from Darth Vader.

The dark side has changed the personality of Anakin, it made him more aggressive and paranoid so it could have changed Barris' personality.

Also female inquisitor has a somewhat robotic voice which could have been caused by the dark side or she has a fake voice box.

23. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    "Let go, Luke.";)

Realistically, its possible Barriss became a cyborg and obsessed with body mutilation, but I find the basis extremely weak since they would've used the original actress. They could've disguised her voice if need be, rather than have a completely new actress that still has a voice modification added anyway.

24. TimeMask

TimeMask Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2015
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Seventh_Sister

wiki considers her species to be Mirialan like Barris, I heard the 7th sister ( female inquisitor) has a unkown species but this may just be to keep us wondering if she is Barris.

If she is Barris then getting her a new voice actress could be to hide the fact that she is Barris. 7th sister is voiced by Buffy the vampire slayer.

Luminara made a appreance in rebels (Barris' master) as a force ghost so it would be odd to have Barriss not show up or be mentioned at some point in rebels since her master was in the show.

25. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    [​IMG]

It's not Barriss. Barriss obviously has facial markings that the new female Inquisitor does not have. Plus her face is a slightly different color than the Inquisitor. That to go along with the fact that they have a new voice actress I think the chances of her being Barriss are virtually 0%.

Barriss likely died in prison during Order 66.