main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion [Poll] If Barriss Offee is the female inquisitor from S2, what should be her fate?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Valkyrus, Apr 21, 2015.

?

If the female inquisitor is Barriss Offee, her fate should be...

1. Killed by Ahsoka Tano

53 vote(s)
    48.2%
  2. Killed by Vader / Sidious for failure

14 vote(s)
    12.7%
  3. Killed by someone else

13 vote(s)
    11.8%
  4. Dies in some other way, accident, suicide etc.

10 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Doesn't die in the show at all

20 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    I wasn't being sarcastic. I really didn't think about that.

2. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
    "Don't be smart with me, kid. You can use the Force, can't you? You've got a lightsaber. You saved that shift crew from the refinery chimney with those hunches of yours."

Harun makes a face at her. "What about it?"

"You can say you're not a Jedi all you want. To us regular beings out here in the galaxy, you sure look like one. And don't tell me a Jedi shouldn't stick vibroblades in people," she adds when he opens his mouth. "I fought them, remember? Some of them did much worse than that."

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  3. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Well yeah, to most people lightsaber = Jedi. Even Darth Maul and Savage got mistaken for Jedi.

Iron_lord and jabberwalkie like this.
  4. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
    Younger children won't understand the distinction either without explanation. And now that I think of it I can't even come up with a definition for what is a Jedi.

5. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    "I'm not a jedi, I'm just a guy with a lightsaber and a few questions. " -Kyle Katarn

6. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I brought up this up in the Filoni's comments thread, but we don't really know what makes a Jedi, a Jedi. It has never been explained in canon that I can remember. So people have people have lumped good force users into Jedi category, and bad into Sith.

7. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Well, right now the only things that differentiate her from Jedi are the colour of her sabers and her statement that she isn't a Jedi. I guess we'll have to wait and see in what other ways she is different from a Jedi.

8. Mojo120

Mojo120 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2014
    You know with all the talk about Anakin being "special" as the only one to get away from the Sith/Dark Side or whatever earlier in the thread, I have to point out that is already not really the case. While her arc was unfinished Ventress had already gotten away from the Sith and was clearly becoming a more moral and generally not really evil anymore person.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Ventress is not good either so I would not count Ventress also the only reason she left was because she was betrayed.

10. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Dunno, in the last season she still murdered people for random reasons, like the guy making a drunken pass at her.

11. Codster

Codster Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2015
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    But we have never seen Ashoka uses the dark side except once.

13. Mojo120

Mojo120 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2014

Well you know, she was still working on it, the important thing is that she was clearly less evil than she was before.

14. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    She is less eviler than when she slaughtered all the Nightbrothers, I agree.

15. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    She killed a few, as part of getting a candidate for Dooku-Killer. Enough were still alive to tell Kenobi and Anakin about it.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't count her killing the misogynist ***hole in the bar as an "evil deed," in fact, I think she deserves a medal for service to the galaxy.

I think her character arc is interesting. I think she is probably less "evil" than when she had Savage kill Feral but not fully "good" either. Which is perfect.

17. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    Yea it wasn't until the jerk started getting rowdy with her that she killed him anyway. Also he was a criminal and Boba and Co. Didn't seem to care that much.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  18. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    The term ya'll are looking for is "chaotic neutral".

19. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    No, the right term is psychopath.

If I murdered every idiot that annoyed me I could rename myself into Charles Manson.

Iron_lord likes this.
  20. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    Well it is GFFA, and this is a fictional character, and Asajj wasn't necessarily a yoda or Obi-wan type character.

21. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Dunno, "murder is bad" is pretty much universal, and I don't know how else you would call what she did to that bar dude and the Nightbrothers. I'll concede she is "not really evil anymore" if she stops with the senseless murdering.

22. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Are we back to referring to sexual harassment as "annoyance" and "just words" and "poor drunk baby didn't know better" from a few months ago in the Dark Disciple thread? Or maybe...if a woman who is sexually assaulted has a weapon, she is supposed to let the assault happen instead of using the weapon?

If we judge every TCW character's behavior by what could/should happen in our world, I'll wait for the condemnation of Ahsoka for decapitating four Mandos at once.

The misogynistic ***hole in the bar was NOT Feral.

I stand by my statement.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  23. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    No one bates an eye when "holy Ahsoka" does anything wrong. I've seen just about every other character judged to no end though.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  24. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Sorry, but self defense just doesn't cut it in this case, especially considering that Assajj is a trained killer. Calling it an assault is pretty creative on your part. But I am pretty sure you know the difference between assault and harrassment.

And sorry, if Filoni wants to sell his pet character as anything else as a whimsical murder machine than he shouldn't let her murder for petty reasons.

I am a feminist and I don't want to live in world where women get away with murder while men are judged with the full force of the law for the same thing. Reverse the roles. Would the murder be okay as well for you?

Iron_lord likes this.
  25. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I vaguely recall you pointing out a few weeks ago in the feminism thread on JC community - that sexual harassment plus assault does not equal "sexual assault" . The bar guy's grabbing of an arm, is not enough to qualify. Just as Jabba's licking of Leia's face is not enough to qualify.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.