main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion [Poll] If Barriss Offee is the female inquisitor from S2, what should be her fate?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Valkyrus, Apr 21, 2015.

?

If the female inquisitor is Barriss Offee, her fate should be...

1. Killed by Ahsoka Tano

53 vote(s)
    48.2%
  2. Killed by Vader / Sidious for failure

14 vote(s)
    12.7%
  3. Killed by someone else

13 vote(s)
    11.8%
  4. Dies in some other way, accident, suicide etc.

10 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Doesn't die in the show at all

20 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007

I agree. Like the temple bombing arc plot twist and Anakin igniting his lightsaber on Toddlers.

Shame on me for liking less popular characters. "Togruta is the new green mandalorian people!!!!" :rolleyes:

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    A's T: I don't care about 'popularity'. I care that characters are interesting and handled well. If popularity and numbers is your gig, great.

3. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    Ahsoka's Tano I meant to quote your other post BTW but the one I used works as well. As you pretty much told Cushy the same thing as me.

4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Still trying to comprehend how some people would argue that Ahsoka's character wasn't interesting and possibly didn't "handle well".

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Differing taste in characters?

Pretty sure several of us have explained our point of view on why we did not find Ahsoka interesting or well handled. Since you thought she was interesting and well handled, and neither "interesting" nor "well handled" are objective terms, I doubt you'll understand no matter how many times we explain it at this point.

Not to mention the fact that explanations just result in pointless arguments and people being told that their opinion is "wrong."

6. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Tano doesn't like being handled,lol

[​IMG]

7. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    I am never going to get over how hilariously bad Ahsoka is at acting.

8. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Don't get me started on "bad acting"

9. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Hayden's fine, as long as he doesn't talk. Those shots of him just standing there and looking kind of creepy, yeah he pulls those off ok. And then he starts to speak, ugh.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  10. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    ...I was talking about the character's acting skills, do we really need to have a gratuitous Hayden-bashing in this thread of all places?

Iron_lord likes this.
  11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Is this the "Barriss Offee as the inquisitor in season 2, plus every other character in Star Wars" thread?

12. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    I am toying with the theory that Barriss being the lady Inquisitor is getting so darn obvious that it has to be a bluff and we'll never see her again. But then I thought that about the Fulcrum Is Ahsoka idea too so perhaps I am giving them a little too much credit! Do we know how old/new the green skinned unmasked concept art actually is? Because if that was literally just some placeholder then they could have rethought by now, if it's recent then surely Barriss is back and a baddie.

Iron_lord and Darth_Pevra like this.
  13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I keep forgetting how every thread it's fair game to bash Ahsoka's character, but no one else's. My mistake.

14. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    God I hope not, I really want some closure on her character. The idea of her being in rebels has got me so pumped I started reading medstar.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

But still if that happened to you and you murdered him

Its still murder and I still think its bad unless it was in self defense which it obviously was not.

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Three pages of this in the Lit thread in Dark Disciple did not convince me to change my mind.

And at least it was somewhat on-topic there, unlike in this thread.

If you really want to discuss it that badly, maybe start a new thread and let's keep this one on Barriss?

It would probably be a waste of time if the intent is to get me to change my opinion of that scene, but have at it if you want.

17. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    Back on topic.

Barriss kills ahsoka.

Vader pops champagne.

Happy ending.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  18. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I can't say I'm surprised to find this thread full of bickering about Ahsoka and very little about Barriss, but I am a little surprised by the poll options.

19. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    What of the options?

20. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    They're basically all just variations on "who should kill her". There's much more interesting things to speculate about than that.

21. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    Agreed for the most part. If she does die I don't want it to be Ahsoka though, that would be the final insult to her character imo.

It would be way cooler to have Barriss die at the hands of Kanan, Palpatine, or Vader.

Speaking of Kanan, he remembered Luminara I'm sure he would remember Barriss. Using Luminara at the prison may not be a usless cameo, maybe it connects in the same way the graffiti tie got used in fire across the galaxy.

22. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The five options could be boiled down to three:

"Someone kills her"
    "She dies, but nobody kills her"
    "She doesn't die"

But there's more things that matter than "the end of her life".

23. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    I've seen a very creepy theory on another forum (I think by this forum's own Kablob) based off the idea that the Luminara recording shows what appears to be recognition before her execution. We can be pretty sure the whole trap on Stygeon Prime was set up by the Inquisition, but we don't know for certain that the Inquisitor who originally oversaw it was actually "Zhao"...

sarlaccsaurs-rex and Iron_lord like this.
  24. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    Link?

25. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I believe Kablob even proposed the theory on this forum, not in so many words though.