main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion [Poll] If Barriss Offee is the female inquisitor from S2, what should be her fate?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Valkyrus, Apr 21, 2015.

?

If the female inquisitor is Barriss Offee, her fate should be...

1. Killed by Ahsoka Tano

53 vote(s)
    48.2%
  2. Killed by Vader / Sidious for failure

14 vote(s)
    12.7%
  3. Killed by someone else

13 vote(s)
    11.8%
  4. Dies in some other way, accident, suicide etc.

10 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Doesn't die in the show at all

20 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. Mojo120

Mojo120 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2014

Since this thread is already derailed, im gonna derail it some more.

That person picked some pretty weak choices to demonstrate Hayden's bad acting, seriously the only truly very weak ones there are from the "My point of view" exchange and I don't see what's wrong with "LIAR" or "I HATE YOU" at all, he sounds really angry and crazy as he's meant to. And no "It's because im so in love with you!" really?

Basically this video maker sucks, there's a bunch of scenes in ROTS where Hayden does pretty poorly and they barely used them.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  2. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    I just thought of something extremly random, but pretty cool idea pertaining to that concept art of "Barriss???" and Ezra.

What if the scar on his face is "healed" by Barriss as a part of a way to tempt him to the darkside. The scene in that concept art looks a lot like she is trying to corrupt Ezra. I think that would be an interesting easter egg of her role as a healer in the old canon.

3. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Yep. I really do think that's what happened now. They probably had Barriss oversee Luminara's execution as a loyalty test. Just look at Luminara's face in that scene. Those are not expressions that she would make if she was looking at some semi-anonymous darksider.

4. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    If that's the case, all the more reason for Ahsoka to strike her down. Overseeing the execution of her mentor means that she truly is lost, just as Anakin was.

5. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    Ugh...

6. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    Anakin is like, the literal worst example you could have used there. I really hope that I don't have to explain why.

7. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    You don't have to explain an opinion. His redemption doesn't exclude the reality that there was no place for him after the fall of the Emperor, even by his hand. He still should have died. Barriss, for all her sins, even if she finds a glimmer of redemption in the eyes of Ahsoka, should exit this universe as well. She is tragically lost in either version of her fate - whether she commits suicide or serves the evil she wanted to prevent.

8. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007

Oh im not saying she shouldn't die. I just don't want Ahsoka to kill her.

9. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    Yeah I'm not saying she shouldn't die - I actually think the opposite. I just want it to actually be a satisfying end for her, and being straight-up killed by Ahsoka would be...not that.

10. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007

Yea, to me that would come across as dull fan service for Ahsoka fans.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  11. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    For the completely one-dimensional ones, maybe. I'm a huge Ahsoka fan and I would hate that. A crappy end for Barriss and a crappy characterization for Ahsoka.

Really, the only thing I can compare it to is Jaina killing Jacen. Was anyone at all satisfied by that?

12. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    Yea that was a bummer.

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  13. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    That was completely out of turn.

14. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    Based on the great writing staff for the CW and Rebels, I cant imagine Ahsoka is going to simply impale Barriss for her crimes and treachery. I expect a meaningful end, and I don't think anyone is suggesting otherwise. Falling at the hands of Ahsoka seems to be what the majority would like / expect to see, but that doesn't mean it has to be devoid of meaningfulness, and be looked at as revenge. I already stated that I believe Ahsoka wouldn't kill out of revenge. Perhaps putting an end to Barriss will be the compassion, come to fruition, that Barriss once asked Ahsoka for.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  15. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I would expect a lot of dialogue between the two of them honestly. Besides the fact that if it is Barriss and she has fallen so far from who she was and framed Ahsoka, it would be poetic justice correct? A lot of people favor the poetic style in story telling from what I have seen. I still expect Barriss fans to be unhappy one way or the other honestly.

16. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    One things for sure. It seems Ahsoka fans will always be happy. [face_cowboy]

17. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    [face_sigh]Is this a Barriss discussion thread or a "lets discuss how much we don't like Ahsoka" thread? Because it feels like it might be heading that direction.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  18. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007

I was joking to an extent. :p

19. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I think one should hope for an end besides death. Death doesn't always equal justice.

20. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    Correct it doesn't, but I also have a hard time seeing a way out of things if she is one of the new Inquisitors where she lives and it not feeling forced.

21. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Doesn't mean death is the right end.

22. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    What would you propose? I can see her being redeemed, but I don't know where her story would go after that.

23. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe see the Rebels put her on trial for "crimes against sapience" (Star Wars version of Crimes Against Humanity) - torture and the like - and sentence her to many years imprisonment.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  24. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    That could work. Or maybe she just leaves for places unknown, but that could be kinda boring I guess.

25. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    [​IMG]

There's a lot I'd like to see done to Barriss by Ahsoka's hand. That's not one of them.