main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST POLL: In What Form Should Palpatine Be If He Returns?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by jedijax, Aug 25, 2014.

?

In What Form Should Palpatine Be If He Returns?

1. Full body-he cheated death

9.2%
  2. Force Ghost

27.5%
  3. Spirit-possesses other Jedi or Padawans

10.8%
  4. Voice Only

12.5%
  5. Clone

4.2%
  6. Other (Explain!)

35.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. klooney

klooney Jedi Master star 1

Jul 2, 2009
    Gungan or maybe Tauntaun.

2. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    how about Zombie Palpatine.:p
    [​IMG]

3. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
  4. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
    Ok, if the story group has already split the site into canon and legend then according to this:
    Vader was redeemed and turned on his master, killing himself and Palpatine in the process
    Vader killed him. He's Dead. He will not return as a physical character.

He (Ian) may have a NDS to not reveal he's filmed scenes for Episode 7- for one reason only; its in an restored archive, an old holo net recording, or a private recording. This "return" should/will only serve to answer a question that no one was asking but is needed to guide us in the right direction for the storys sake. This can be anything from directions to a planet, person, or entity they may need to pursue/see next or it may even be an explanation of events our heroes our experiencing in episode 7 that he influences indirectly. I think i confused myself...but i think im on track here.

hes Dead Jim...

Othini, TheManFromMortis and Jcuk like this.
  5. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I said this at the time of casting... but Gleeson has always reminded me of a young Mcdiarmd. Clone. ;)

6. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    He should come back as the Wonder Twins...

The possibilities would be endless.

7. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    No form, because Palps doesn't need to be, and more importantly, shouldn't be in Episode VII.

8. Vicious Jedi

Vicious Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Vision or Hologram, but I really dont want him in the saga anymore. Palpatine/Sidious is dead and gone, lets keep it that way right!!

9. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Force ghost or on some kind of Sith holocron.

Characters cheating obvious death is becoming too much, like Maul and Fett and possibly Palpatine.

10. Carrie1138

Carrie1138 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 14, 2014
    I voted for Force ghost, but I'm good with a spirit possessing other people too. Him having actually survived would be going too far, and a clone would be too close to Dark Empire.

11. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Yeah, if he survives, I hope they don't have Daisy Ridley's character go to Mustafar to throw a ring into one of the volcanoes. Andy Serkis's character would try to stop her. :p

Jedi Merkurian and Dak Oolron like this.
  12. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    Other, meaning "not at all."

13. Tugann_An_Solas

Tugann_An_Solas Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 24, 2014
    None, the mutha got vaped thats the end of it.

Ill hear no more!

Dak Oolron likes this.
  14. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Definitely a hand puppet. It would be so gritty and realistic.

15. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014
    Which is Legends EU and ripe for the cannibal. Not saying i want it to happen, but if Ian McD really wasn't to play him the DE GhostClone idea could be the way they took.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  16. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    In a way yes. Sidious could have just been egging Luke on to build up the hate anger within Luke to get him to turn to the dark side or maybe he actually wanted Luke to strike him down because he knew he would be able to return as something even stronger. I understand that at this point it looks like a Sith cannot become a force ghost, but things are always open to revision. I just think if Sidious does return it should be something grander and more terrifying than just another clone of him. I'm still skeptical of his return though at this point.

17. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I went with back in full body/cheated death. I figure if your gonna go this way, go all in.

Don't get me wrong, I think Palpatine returning is a horrible idea, and I don't buy the rumor at this point.

18. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    Watch there be a flashback to Sidious being thrown over the balcony and a different angle shows him somehow maneuvering into a shaft that leads him to safety and the explosion we see was his lightsaber hitting the reactor.

19. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014
    I don't know about it being a horrible idea, depending on the presentation. But i do think that this rumor was bound to pop up, it just lends itself to a new SW movie. I don't really buy it either, and i'll have to see something more compelling that some rumor a ten year old could have come up with before i give it any real credibility.

It could work, and there are thematic reasons to include Palpatine as the primary villain of the three trilogies, but I'll believe it when i see it. Everything would depend upon how it was presented, something which none of us could possibly know looking at it from afar even if it was god's honest truth.

Something like that would irritate me. I dislike retcons, being a comic book fan and having been exposed to them over and over. They need to just live with what was done. Bring him back as a brain in a jar or demonic spirit or something, not as a spry 120 year old Ian McDairmid who just happens to be invulnerable. Especially when it's already established that the dead can interact with the living in the saga, or that cybernetics are a valid medical treatment.

Othini, Trebor Sabreon and Dak Oolron like this.
  20. Ditolus

Ditolus Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 22, 2005
    the dark empire comic was cool. but i looked at it more as a fun read when we were in the "dark times" when star wars was pretty much dead. i never really wanted the emperor to come back. its lessens the whole importance of vader's redemption in rotj.
    if he is in ep. 7 i hope its just as a hologram from some recording he made. thats it. no clones. no reincarnations.

21. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Palpatine? Palpatine is dead. Deader than A line flairs with pockets in the knees.

22. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    He'll come back as Elvis. Or Marvin Gaye.

23. Carrie1138

Carrie1138 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 14, 2014

I hated the clone idea when DE did it, and I'd hate it if the ST did it ... is what I was meaning to say.

24. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    It'll just be Palpatine's head in a jar.
    [​IMG]

Lord Tuvitor likes this.
  25. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Trippy darkside cave-like vision.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.