main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Poll: Is the ST the conclusion of the Saga?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Mystery Roach, Jan 11, 2014.

?

Is the ST the conclusion of the Saga?

1. Yes. Episode IX will conclude the story that began with TPM.

35.2%
  2. No. Episode XII will conclude the story that began with TPM.

9.9%
  3. No. The story that began with TPM will continue indefinitely.

28.4%
  4. No. The story that began with TPM ended with ROTJ, and Episode VII will begin a new story.

21.6%
  5. Other (Please Explain)

4.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

You mean like The Clone Wars which was marketed out to younger folks and tried drawing in females that turned out to be incredible? That kind of Star Wars? Or like Rebels which (for me) is already getting better with every step? I love the Marvel approach and I cannot wait to see it applied to Star Wars.

TX-20 likes this.
  2. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I believe it will end the Skywalker Saga, but not the SW saga
    Though frankly, anything beyond that is none of my concern

JediFan215 likes this.
  3. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    The saga will continue as long as the money is there. I'm sure it will morph and we'll see things evolve. I'm ready for the ride.

4. Echo Base

Echo Base Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2013
    Haven't seen the series so I can't comment on that. I only saw the film and I am surprised that people say it is marketed towards younger folk because it had more intense violence than any of the films with the long battle at the start, the decapitated heads being presented to Jabba the Hutt and so on. I can see where they were trying to attract females with the young Padawan though. Were they successful in reaching that demographic?

5. TelemachosJr

TelemachosJr Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2014
    It was for 9 episodes and 3 spinoffs not 12 episodes

6. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Before the original film got "Episode 4" attached to it, it was to be 12 episodes

7. TelemachosJr

Jul 12, 2014
    http://www.secrethistoryofstarwars.com/completehistoryofthesequeltrilogy.html

8. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I think it's possible a fourth trilogy will be made, after the ninth episode but like someone earlier mentioned it's too early to tell. As long as it's done right I wouldn't mind.

9. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Depends on how much money the first three movies make

Echo Base likes this.
  10. Revious Nugo

Revious Nugo Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 14, 2014
    @T-R-
    Here goes...
    All signs for me point to Episode VII being the conclusion to the saga that starts with the Phantom Menace. Reasons why have been discussed so I'm not going to post them here.

But if you think GL completely gave up on the idea of a ST during the prequels, think again.

There was this little slip in 2002:
    An interview from May 2002 has another interesting quote from Lucas where he makes reference to a possible future film: "The challenge for me is telling a six-part story: so in Episode I there are things that I have to get in that refer to Episode VII — no, hang on, we're not there yet. I mean Episode IV."

Mark Hamill said that he asked GL for a walk-on role in Episode I in 1999 but Lucas told him no. Why? He said Hamill would get the chance to be Luke again in Episode VII which was coming in 2012.

Also, Peter Mayhew (spelling) the chewbacca actor said there was an extra clause in his Revenge of the Sith contract that required him to be in episodes VII VIII and IX.

So maybe George hadn't completely abandoned the idea, he just wan't sure if it would ever get done, and he didn't want to get anyone's hopes up?

Anyway, I'd like to put in my own 2 cents on why nine should end it all. People don't like series that go on forever. You may say "James Bond!", but remember all of those movies stand on their own. Star Wars episodes don't, and when Disney makes episode XV most people except the super hardcore fans will simply stop caring, even if the movies are good. All good things must come to an end.

People like series like harry potter, where they can live through it, and when it's all done, buy a pretty box set and let it live on their shelve and every two years or so relive it in a movie marathon.

While we're on the subject of harry potter, I'd like to bring something up. Did you know that there are going to be more harry potters?
    Yeah. But it’s not going to be called Harry Potter nine.
    It’s going to be called “fantastic beasts and where to find them”. A movie that takes place around 100 years before harry potter and has little to do with harry vs. Voldemort- it’s about a guy who travels the world looking for cool creatures. Sound familiar? Yeah. Kind of remind me of the star wars spinoffs. Nothing to do with the core story, but takes place in the same universe. A way to continue a saga without making people stop caring whether Voldemort gets harry.
    The reason Disney is releasing spinoff movies before we have even completed the ST is because THEY WANT TO SHOW PEOPLE BEFORE IT’S ALL OVER that a star wars movie DOESN’T HAVE TO BE ABOUT A SKYWALKER or focus on Jedis vs. Sith or events that shape the entire galaxy.
    So Star Wars is sort of like harry potter, in the sense that it will continue on after it has had a conclusion, just in different ways then a hp/sw 10.
    On a different note, does anyone else think that in a future release of the ROTJ that they’ll make the ending less happy, so Episode VII makes more sense? I mean, it used to just be the big 3 happy they were all alive and ewoks celebrating the victory of the battle of endor, but the galactic celebration montage made it seem all would be well forever. Anyone think they’ll remove the Naboo, Coruscant, Mos Epsa and Cloud city scenes?
    Sorry for the massive essay, but I just had to get my 2 cents across, I mean it’s what this site is for, anyway!

Darth Raiden likes this.
  11. TelemachosJr

Jul 12, 2014
    The saga will end with episode ix but spinoffs will continue forever

whostheBossk and Revious Nugo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.