main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST POLL: Leia's FORCE STRENGTH in Ep VII ?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Downunder, Jan 15, 2014.

?

Leia's FORCE STRENGTH in Ep VII ?

1. No further development (slight Force sense)

12.1%
  2. Moderate development (strong Force sense, moving objects, sensing feelings)

40.3%
  3. Strong devlopment ie Padawan level (mind tricks, some acrobatics, lightsaber use)

22.6%
  4. Extreme development ie Jedi Knight or Master level (roughly equal to Luke)

31.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Order, order...the Forums will come to order.

In ESB & particularly RotJ Leia showed signs of developing some level of Force sensitivity. It was also of course revealed that she was the daughter of the "Chosen One" from exactly the same stock as Luke. Luke believed, as Yoda did that she had the potential to become a Jedi & eventually develop Force powers just as Luke had. At the time of Ep VII she's had a further 30 or so years to develop these powers.

What do you think her Force ability will look like in Ep VII? Did Luke take her on as his apprentice? Did she become a fully fledged Jedi Knight & Jedi Master, alongside her twin brother? Or did she have no interest or perhaps a fear of such power & shun the chance to learn & develop it? Maybe she just went back to politics. However the Saga is supposed to be one big story with episodes designed to be watched in order. After seeing Leia's clear development at the end of Ep VI would it not be strange to see no or very little development 30 years later in Ep VII ?

I sense that some of you may be thinking of possible physical limitations of Carrie Fisher being able to display the athletic prowess of an advanced Jedi. To that I say if they can pull it off with an 80 year old man (Christopher Lee) with some digital assistance then why not with Carrie (& with a decade more advanced effects at their disposal)?

Very interested to see your thoughts on this.

Echo-07 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  2. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I voted Padawan level because I would like her arc to be serving the galaxy through politics. Let her carve her own path. Having said that, I wouldn't mind more power for her.

3. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    I think it's unrealistic for her not to have pretty good development in 30 years. I voted Moderate but Padawan level with more emphasis on mental Force powers than physical would be very cool..

TKT, DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR and T-R- like this.
  4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    My dream would be for her to be the Mace Windu to Luke's Yoda. Rebuilding the Jedi Order together with equal status as the two most respected and powerful Jedi Masters in the galaxy.

5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Her power level will be astronomical.

6. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    She imho should be a Jedi Master and the Jedi Orders liaison to the reformed Senate (in part a master just due to her role, in part since at this point most others in Luke's order shouldn't be Masters yet themselves either so the scale is curved atm)... I have no preferance if in these past 30 years was more into politics than Jedi but for purposes of having her in a more leading role in Episode VII, which imho requires character growth and action, she should have already started to make the transition to Jedi Masterhood from Jedi Knighthood, she should be borderline like Obi-wan was in Episode II though having a less 'traditional' path getting their.

I'd like for her to still be training to be Luke's level (who should be closing in on Yoda's level at the least) but at least a Jedi Knight (don't care about her Lightsaber skills), however I say this to be clear... imho this polls power ranks is misleading, since most of the time for Jedi its training since birth and just trying to get these force users to mature enough not to be rash and choose the darkside but having been able to force throw things since they where teens... where as Leia has already passed the trail of Alderaan's distruction yet remained calm and compossed in how she resisted later... so by default Leia even with a bit of training is at least a Jedi Knight... its just mastering the basics she needs to learn and imho that should be saberskills (at best currently able to deflect blasters and maybe Ruso level sword fighting from Thor II) and maybe superhigh level force skills like Yoda absorbing force lightning but moving things with the force, jedi mind tricks, and just general sensing she should be very skilled in putting most others to shame.

I voted Jedi Knight/Master level due to her having a the heart of a Jedi Knight (save being with Han and a mom) but power level wise I was less clear. She should be almost master level in some areas but padawan in others... its a blurry line power level wise between Ahsoka, Anakin, and Obi-wan for instance in terms of power levels and training...

agentkrycek likes this.
  7. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I think she would prefer to stay active in politics, rather than focusing on Jedi training. I can easily see her being more about using some subtler powers, like sensing motives, some persusasion or to gain better insight into what lies beneath the surface of events, for example. That kind of fits more with my vision of what would Leia focus on, rather than twirling around with a saber and throwing dozens of objects at people. She should, of course, be able to do this if the situation requires, but I don't see that being her main focus.

8. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I don't think she'll ever pursue any training. But I do think she has it in her to be a very powerful Jedi.

Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    She will use the Force to reassemble Alderaan.

Immortiss, T-R-, TKT and 7 others like this.
  10. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Leia (to her kids): we're going to play a game today Younglings
    Younglings : Yeah!

Youngling #1: can we sing a song too

Leia: Sure, why not...

Mmmm...

99 billion pieces of Alderaan still floating around,
    99 billion pieces of Alderaan

Pull one out, push it back in place
    98,999,999,999 billion pieces of Alderaan still floating around

Younglings:
    98,999,999,999 billion pieces of Alderaan still floating around
    98,999,999,999 billion pieces of Alderaan

Pull one out, push it back in place
    98,999,999,998 billion pieces of Alderaan still floating around

(Giggles)

Bail B. Baobab, T-R-, TKT and 5 others like this.
  11. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I definitely see her staying on the political path and so I voted for moderate development. After everything she went through with her upbringing and the OT, I just can't see her stepping away completely to follow the life of a Jedi. That's not to say she won't have some tricks under her belt, though. I can certainly see her taking some lessons under Luke to master the basics, but nothing to the point where she is jumping around and cutting down her next political foe with a lightsaber. I think the extent of her abilities should be along the lines of moving objects, simple mind tricks and things like that.

12. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I would like her to be stronger than others know on screen. Let her play it down until it is needed and she blows everyone away with her ability.

That said, I want her in the political arena for the most part.

13. Palpy daugther

Palpy daugther Jedi Youngling

Jan 9, 2014
    I chose 2. Leia is not a Jedi, but a great support.She`s - politik. With such a character she can become a Sith

14. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I think there will be some development. I mean she is Anakin Skywalker's daughter. And if I don't see her in a lightsaber duel in the ST, I will not be a happy camper [face_not_talking]

At most I think she will be a Jedi Knight, possibly still an apprentice given she was busy with the New Republic, possible (hopefully) having a family, etc etc. I don't quite see her being on the same level of Mastery as Luke though that could be a possible storyline for her.

Darth Raiden and agentkrycek like this.
  15. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel Modercreeper Is Always Watching star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Well, I for one am glad that this forum finally remembered that Leia is also strong in the force. Everyone always says she should be a politician, but no one ever says Luke should be a farmer. :)

16. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    She'll use the force to read people's minds and figure out which ones are heathens/communists.

TKT, BigAl6ft6 and Dra--- like this.
  17. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    While Leia has the same potential as Luke does, I don't think she would have devoted as much time to becoming as great a Jedi as Luke would be 30 years after the Battle of Endor. As a great deal of a Jedi's purpose is to be a diplomat, she's practically a Jedi in that regard already. I am sure that she's learned enough of the martial arts aspect of being a Jedi to hold her own in a fight. In the early post-Endor years she can best serve the galaxy in the political arena, but as the decades wear on I think she'd be best as a leading member of the Jedi Order (as Ryus indicated). If, for whatever reason, she did devote as much time as Luke in developing into a Jedi Master, she could be as powerful as he was. I cannot wait to find out what TPTB have in store for us with the ST, the main things I want to see are Luke and Leia's progressions as Force users, the next generation of Skywalkers/Solos, and the New Jedi Order. I wish there were more concrete details available so I can hurry up and mourn the (likely) obliteration of the post-RotJ EU and its characters I have come to know and love.

18. The Kulvax Sisters

The Kulvax Sisters Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2013
    Think about how steep a learning curve Luke went through and he turned out to be pretty powerful (EU or otherwise), I think it's in the Skywalker bloodline for them to just naturally gain powers, they aren't like other Force Users, it all comes to them naturally, so I suspect that Leia will definitely be quite powerful by the time set of the Sequel Trilogy.

Darth Raiden likes this.
  19. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    Super-duper Trinidad Moruga Scorpion MK ULTRA strength!

Fixed.

20. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Yes.

It's also more dramatically interesting if Leia isn't a Jedi Master. Sure, we'd love everyone to kick butt, but I'm hoping she spurns Jedi training because of her hatred of Vader and her unwillingness to forgive his crimes. He did blow up her home planet after all.

Then, if she gets in some trouble in the ST, maybe we can finally see some development. Or her lack of Master ability comes backs to bite her (in her hair buns).

Immortiss likes this.
  21. facebook

facebook Jedi Knight

Oct 16, 2012
    Astronomical you say?
    [​IMG]

Tan-Wessel likes this.
  22. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Actually that seems counter to RotJ. Leia cried about her parentage but mostly was just happy she now understood her feelings about Luke. She took the news about her father very well all thinks considered. So while she may not choose to become a Jedi, doing so due to her father being Vader seems too far off the mark of what we witnessed in RotJ. Leia's never been one to hold on to hate and the whole hating Vader stuff is just another of bad plots Kevin J Anderson introduced in the EU but never was their a sign of it in the movies even when she was trying to convince Lando how evil Vader was she never whinned about Alderaan, she let him realize for himself just how bad a choice he made as time went on.

Id also like to add her ability to sense things at both the end of Empire and Jedi was remarkable... at the very least her sensing abilities should be amazing in VII.

23. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Dammit I didn't want to make the reference THAT obvious.

24. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I don't think the ending of ROTJ is giving us as much about Leia and her feelings on Vader as you think. But we'll wait and see.

25. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    No but her never dwelling on the past and always being mindful of the present throughout the OT shows she's just not the kinda person to do this. On top of that she's always cared more about her friends and fighting for whats right than revenge.

You really think that after the ending of RotJ when Luke comes up to her and tells her Yoda told him to train her she'd care more about hating her daddy than her brothers feelings of preserving the Jedi Order which held the Republic she believed in last for 20,000 years? o_O

I get the argument of choosing a different path to rebuiling the Republic because she feels that is where she can do the most good, but telling Luke that's its actually daddy issues is something I just can't ever see happening. Sorry I just see Leia as an in the present kinda person, she'd consider where she can do the most good, her relationship with Han/family is effected by political path vs jedi, while balancing her brothers feelings of preserving the Jedi order. I just can't see Daddy issues ever coming into play, especially since in her mind Vader is just bio dad.

Iron_lord, Immortiss, TKT and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.