main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST POLL: Leia's FORCE STRENGTH in Ep VII ?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Downunder, Jan 15, 2014.

?

Leia's FORCE STRENGTH in Ep VII ?

1. No further development (slight Force sense)

12.1%
  2. Moderate development (strong Force sense, moving objects, sensing feelings)

40.3%
  3. Strong devlopment ie Padawan level (mind tricks, some acrobatics, lightsaber use)

22.6%
  4. Extreme development ie Jedi Knight or Master level (roughly equal to Luke)

31.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    I don't see Luke following the old rules of the Jedi regarding love and attachments. First, I just don't see it in his personality. He wasn't "raised" in the Jedi Order, he was raised in the "real world", therefore he's gonna have more "real world" sensibilities and perspectives when it comes to stuff like that. I also think it's much harder to give up something you've already allowed yourself to dream and yearn for--if that makes sense.

Second, he *really* wants Leia to train in the ways of the Force. That's obvious from their conversation on the bridge in ROTJ. It also seems obvious to me that Leia is a bit reluctant to do this. So if Luke were to then throw in "I want you to become a Jedi, and btw you have to end things with Han" I'm pretty sure that would be a deal breaker for her. So I doubt he'd push that issue. It's not in either of their best interests.

And finally, he's trying to rebuild the Jedi Order, right? How much harder do you think it will make the "recruitment" of young Jedi if they were told they had to live a life of celibacy on top of that? Again, it would be way easier to let those rules go.

But really, at the end of the day, I just think Luke would be way more progressive about all this stuff. At least, I'd like to think so.

2. DBZGTKOSDH

DBZGTKOSDH Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2013
    He can always as Obi-Wan, Yoda, and even Anakin himself about it. He would want to know more about his father, and why he fell to the Dark Side.

3. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    With Leia, I'd love to see some more emotion-based Force usage. She is the only character in the Saga we have seen that from so far, and that gives her a bit of uniqueness to Luke's raw power. I'd be very interested to see the different directions the twins will go in.

Darth_Downunder and Iron_lord like this.
  4. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Equal to Luke in terms of Force ability and potential; maybe not a formal Jedi Master or even has a role in the new Order, but certainly should've been secretly trained by Luke.

Yanksfan likes this.
  5. Lord Miggler

Lord Miggler Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 6, 2013
    What with spending quality time with Han, raising the kids and all the while trying to establish a new republic I doubt Leia would have the time to learn the ways of the force. Kids really do eat up a fair chunk of ones time you know.

6. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    It'll be interesting to see what happens if she returns for Episode VII and the "rumors" of Ford not returning are true.

7. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000

Wha--?? What rumors are these? I haven't heard he wasn't coming back….

8. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Over in the casting thread. It's one of those reports that mentions Mark and Carrie but doesn't include Harrison. I don't put too much stock in it which is why I put rumors in quotations. Sorry for the confusion.

9. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000

Oh, man. I hope that's all bogus. Sorry, yeah, I've been away from the boards most of the weekend so I missed all this. Needless to say, I would be absolutely devastated if this ended up being true. :(

plaidphoenix likes this.
  10. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    It's probably just the "recasting" people trying to cause more trouble.

11. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    I wonder if Leia will be giving her daughter some private Jedi training...

[​IMG]

12. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Was that meant to sound as creepy as it does?

Dark Lady Mara, plaidphoenix and Ryus like this.
  13. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    No it wasn't. Must be the way your mind works :p

plaidphoenix, Ryus and Dra--- like this.
  14. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Or yours.

15. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    You thought of it.

16. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    Gentlemen, please. There's no need to argue! You're both perverts.

17. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    I take offense at that.

[​IMG]

Dra--- likes this.
  18. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    I'll be in my bunk.

19. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    All this Force Strength thing is nonesense. It sounds like a video game statistic.
    -What does the scouter say about her midichlorian count?
    - It's over ninethousaaaaaaaaaaand
    -What? Over fivethousand?
    -No! Not five, nine! Nine nine nine nine nine!

Now, after mixing two memes together, let's see an honest answer. It would be odd if Leia wasn't a lightsaber wielding Force user, thirty years after what Luke told her in RotJ, but another Jedi would be redundant. If she is a weak, padawan level Jedi, she'll share that with one, possibly two jedi (Boyega and/or Ridley). If she is the wise, old Jedi, she'll share it with Luke, as long as he is around. I don't think 3 or 4 Jedi are needed among the main heroes. Unless Luke disappears/dies early on. If that happens she can fill that void.

20. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Piff.... it was 8,000 in the manga, 9,000 happened due to a bad translation. :rolleyes::p

And Leia will clearly be over 20,000 ;)

21. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Can't see her being a Jedi as such but she should be strong with the Force & have some well developed powers.

22. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014

You make some good arguments, but the counterargument I would make is, Luke is going to remember that time Vader tortured his friends to get to him, and he's going to remember that time Vader took the knowledge of Leia right out of his head. He's not going to forget attempting suicide on Bespin, or being driven to cut off his own father's hand and nearly kill him. I think Luke will speak about the dangers of attachment, and he'll speak from experience. He may not be in a position to forbid it, but I don't think he'll be OK with it, either.

Back on topic, I would love to see Leia Organa, Jedi Knight, but I don't think we will. She's a princess, senator, part of the rebel alliance (and a traitor!) -- I think Abrams will decide it would feel too much like a demotion for her to become a front-line fighter. She may have strengthened her abilities, but I doubt she'll use them as much as we might like.

23. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    I could see her training very young Jedi or training Jedi in mental abilities, ie Force sense, premonitions, telekinesis etc. I'd like to see her not being a "physical Jedi" like Luke but being even more powerful than him at mental Force use.

24. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000

Those are also excellent points. But then again, if Luke ever caught wind of the Anakin's full backstory, he might also realize how fruitless it would be to try and prevent the Jedi from forming bonds. Jedi are gonna do, what Jedi are gonna do. Also, since I think we're all 98% sure that Han and Leia have a daughter at this point, it would seem that either Luke did let those rules go, or Leia completely blew off any Jedi training and decided to stay away from it.

I don't know. But I don't like that idea. I feel like if Leia didn't have at least some legitimate Force strength in this movie, it would be such a wasted opportunity. Daughter of "the chosen one" and nothing to show for it? I mean, I don't want her to be a "full-time Jedi", not at all. But I definitely want her to at least be able to hold her own Force-wise, if that makes sense.

25. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Wars not make one great... Leia could be a Jedi elder without ever fighting.

Abadacus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.