main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Poll - Moderator Conduct

Discussion in 'Communications' started by NathanDahlin, Nov 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NathanDahlin

NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2000
    I believe that we're all in agreement that moderators should act in a respectful and courteous manner towards the members and the other moderators. I've received so many complaints about the behavior of PreacherBoy, that I've decided to gauge your opinions.

I'd like everyone who's reading this to answer the following two questions, even if your response is just two words.

1. Is PreacherBoy's behavior unacceptable for a moderator of his position?

2. If so, does this behavior warrant a demotion from his current position?

As long as you do not insult anyone or do anything blatantly offensive, you may post your thoughts freely, without fear of discipline. I hope that we can resolve this dispute on way or the other with this thread. It will not be locked unless I do so myself, with a very good reason in mind.

2. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Preacherboy is a good mod

and number 2 [image=http://www.preacherboy.net/images/chicken.png]

EDIT Aww crap I have to be serious [face_plain]

anyways I dont see what he has done of late that is much of a problem unless it is b0k that is so offensive

b0k b0k b0k

3. anakin_pm

anakin_pm Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2001

Is PreacherBoy's behavior unacceptable for a moderator of his position?

Yes Im afraid it is

If so, does this behavior warrant a demotion from his current position?

As above, if you set out the rule thou should also abide by them

In his defence he did clarify some things for me very quickly regarding the 'Bash Banning incident'

4. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    on teh side note he hasnet really done anything that wrong, I would like you people to point out exact things where he commited a crime

5. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    What PreacherBoy did last night was reprehensible! For a moderator on the JC to actually let his hair down and have some honest-to-God FUN on the boards is absolutely unacceptable! What kind of example is he setting for the rest of us???

:eek:

;)

bOk BoK !

6. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    IT WAS!!! I DEMAND RETRIBUITION.

Oh wait I got it 10 mins later when I flaged him as a cheater in cs then kicked his ass in estate.

NEver mind noithing to see here

[image=http://www.preacherboy.net/images/chicken.png]

b0k!

7. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    jasman is one of my fav mods now b0k b0k!

8. toochilled

toochilled Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2000

yes

yes

9. gundark

gundark Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 1999
    If people aren't over it by now they need some valium. Maybe prozac.

Maybe a dime bag.

10. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    Keep your eye on the ball here, guys. Whether or not you think anyone did anything wrong here, stick to the subject. Nathan's trying to actually get the air cleared. Don't spam this thread, please.

Vertical

11. Chyren

Chyren Manager Emeritus star 5

Sep 30, 1998

'A man does good business when he rids himself of a turd.'

12. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2000
    PreacherBoy has a rotten attitude towards other users.
    However PreacherBoy is nowhere near as bad as Chyren.

Should PreacherBoy be demoted for his attitude? No.

Besides it's not like PreacherBoy wanted to steal JC members and theforce.net sources and start his own rival website.

I believe PreacherBoy needs a holiday vacation away from being a JC moderator.

PreacherBoy's attitude towards other JC members is giving the JC and even theforce.net itself a bad name.

Which combined with Scott Chitwoods and Josh Griffen's frivolous lawsuit threats against other websites is starting to cause other members to go other Starwars Fansites.

There are charges of corruption against all factions, whether it be PreacherBoy/Darth Ludicrous, The Refuge Moderators, or TFN Staff.

In closing, I would like to point out some of the better JC moderators, namely Silmarillion(who temp banned me recently for posting trailer links :) ) and Padme Bra.

Also please keep this topic open and just delete the non-topic messages.
    Thats what most other forums do.

Get the Internet Drama out of the JC.

13. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I have had little to no interaction with Preacher Boy. I do think, however, that this is a fun forum and the same rules of conduct in a business or government aren't as applicable here. I would expect that moderators keep the forums clean, on target of what the thread is discussing, and a place where people can post without fear of intimidation and public ridicule. For the most part, the mods and admins do this. Some of the more popular forums, however, simply do not have the proper coverage to ensure this. Some of the FF forums have more mods than the SA.

But there should be a level of expected behavior from the mods. After all, they regulate the values most of us share. They can have their fun, but not get a big head about the position of a moderator on a Star Wars discussion board.

14. gundark

gundark Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 1999
    Thank god Darth Psychotic got his two cents in.

Should PB be demoted.

If it hasn't happened by now, it shouldn't.

15. Ooh_Aah_Cantona

Ooh_Aah_Cantona Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 13, 2000
    1) IMO, yes. I think everyone should be polite. If a mod is rude to someone, the poster will have a hard time not being rude back. I've seen many occasions when Preacherboy has been rude to posters. If the poster replies back it becomes a personal thing and can end with the poster being burnt.

2) Yes I do think he should be demoted. Until he shows signs of maturity, he doesn't deserve it. Vetical, PadmeBra, Missifan (is she still a mod, can't remember) Alphawolf are just a few examples of good mods. Look at how they deal with issues and how Preacherboy deals with them. Commander Antillies is also a good mod. I know there was trouble between him and a some posters but I do believe it was a case of crossed wires. And he was willing to accept and change from what I know. He held his hands up and became accountable. It's not about strictness, I have no problem with being edited, or chastised by Mods. I have had one ban in all my time here and it was deserved. But the way people are treated by mods when banned or chastised is vastly different. IMHO, preacherboy has lost respect of the posters due to his actions. Chyren may have been strict and even harsh in some cases, but he was fair. Preacherboy has taken it upon himself to how the JC should be and comes across as judging peole by the quality of their posts. He corrected somebodies grammar a couple of weeks ago! And he was rude about it whilst he did it. Told the person he was helping him be a better poster. What is all that about. That is not within the boundaries of a mod.

16. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    Guns is right, they had a good reason a long time ago, now it is just a moot point.

17. C-3P0

C-3P0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2001
    1. Yes, his conduct is uncacceptable for a moderator.

2. Yes, he should be demoted. He taints everyones' opinion of the moderators.

18. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
  19. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2000
    PreacherBoy vs Bash got way out of hand and there are no innocent parties in that situation.

PreacherBoy should just step down and take a break for awhile and then comeback for the Episode 2 new user invasion.

20. keokiswahine

keokiswahine Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 4, 2000
    Lead by example.

Perhaps he needs a few tekky jobs to recharge his patience level, some R&R (relaxation and recouperation) from the madness on the board. We could all use some refreshing and reflection time, a few days of holiday time, sun, surf, chicks..... :D

21. Exiled

Exiled Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2001

Nope. He mightbe a little caustic but it's entertaining

Nope. If he leaves then entertainment value at the JC = 0

22. Ooh_Aah_Cantona

Ooh_Aah_Cantona Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 13, 2000

My main gripe with you isn't even on your misplaced expertise on everything. My main gripe [along with the silent hundreds] is with your lack of proper punctuation, spelling, and grammar.

Attend some classes, please. You will find that is a lot easier to get your thoughts sorted, type them out, and hit the "Post" button if learn the above mentioned things you lack.

The above is what Preacherboy posted to a JCer. He antogonises too many people.

So when was this sort of behaviour allowed?

bad manners

23. Master_Hydeck

Master_Hydeck Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 2000
    I don't care either way, but just a suggestion, Nathan. Make this an actual poll, it will save you a lot of reading. I don't know if polls were totally eliminated from the JC or not, but this might be one instance that they are actually useful.

24. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    So? I believe other memeber have said the same stuff to JM22 and not been banned.

25. Jedi Master RussDog

Jedi Master RussDog Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 26, 1998
    Dude Preacherboy is the BOMB YO!

You gots ta be keepin his sweet bootylicousness in power up in dis piece!

I vote for PB!!!!

Keep the man against the man!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.