Poll - Moderator Conduct

Discussion in 'Communications' started by NathanDahlin, Nov 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. barnsthefatjedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    To what valid complaint do you refer, AA?

BTW, I believe ND said in his first post that no one but he would close this thread.
  2. Lord Bane Manager Emeritus

star 5
    "It was already used [for everyone, even minor trolls], which means we're dealing with "infractions" that have happened in the past month or two, nothing more."

?[face_plain] We need to talk.
  3. mac-nut Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Nathan will close the thread when he is ready to. Let him enjoy Thanksgiving with his family. It will probably be closed tonight or tomorrow. Today is a holiday in the US, so more USA members will be home and more available to read/post here. It is important that members feel they had adequate time to read/post rather than see it locked after only a few days. It's only been up and open for comments since Tuesday. Some of us do work, have tight schedules, school work, and only now have time to take a break from real life and come to catch up with board events.

Nate, let's give it a few more days for more members to participate in one of the very few democratic actions available here.

Please let your fellow members know this is their opportunity to voice their thoughts and opinions.
  4. AlienAcid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Mastage actualy had a point.. but I dont know if it had to do with games or not but he goes there so i figured his input into there.

5. Master_JoshuaWindu Jedi Master

star 4
    no, because they were trolls

but, wait, the policy pertains to trolls too

hmmmmm............. ?[face_plain]
  6. McNerf-Burger Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Hmmm...the blue colored mod has never put rudness on my face, although it is so he has been rude to others. Rudness is the weapon of evil, for Emperor Palpatine was rude to Luke Skywalker. He was a bad leader.
  7. PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling

star 5
    There was a long list of blatant trolls that were never removed from that list. I think it was around 4-7 members that were graced by the "Clean Slate" Policy.
  8. LostOnHoth Chosen One

star 5
  9. Master_JoshuaWindu Jedi Master

star 4
    then that policy should be revised

that was an excelent idea, but should pertain to ALL trolls, unruly members, and "iffy" mods.

not just the 4-7 that it did affect
  10. Wylding Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    If you are going to enforce the rules, then you should be an exemplary example of a model JC citizen, above reproach and a worthy example to all. Truth, honesty, integrity, kindness, tact, and courage should comprise a moderators character. If a moderator does not have these qualities, he or she should never have been considered for modship. If a mod's character changes for the worse after they are in power, then they should be removed.

Thank you for asking my opinion...
  11. PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling

star 5
    M_JW- Absolutely not. You've only been here since April. Some of the people here have histories that last in terms of years. I can't even begin to list some of the offenses they've made without breaking every rule in the book.
  12. AlienAcid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    How about bring back greyleader? :p
  13. JediMaster22 Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    AlienAcid Made a Moderator??? ?[face_plain]
  14. jasman Administrator Emeritus

star 4
    No, AlienAcid somehow got into the Admin icons page and selected it, which he should not have done. He has been banned for 48 hours for impersonating an administrator.

p.s.
    That wasn't enough to get him banned. He was asked several times by a mod to change it, and he refused. That's why he was banned.
  15. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    You beat me here Jas, the ban will be lifted in the morning.
  16. jasman Administrator Emeritus

star 4
    That's good, Rox. I think a short ban is enough to teach him a lesson. How do you like my new icon? Closer to my true age! :)
  17. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    He didn't "somehow get into the admin icons page".

There were 10 or so admin icons freely available to be selected by the general public (in the "Z" range), for several hours earlier today.

I guess the person who uploaded them forgot to switch them over to "admin only".

18. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
  19. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    And now that he's been banned, the icon will stay with him for another day.

LOL.
  20. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
  21. Emerik Lonestar Jedi Master

star 4
    I really think that this thread was just pointless. PB keep on kicking.
  22. JediMaster22 Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    Thanks for clear that up!
  23. Humble extra Jedi Youngling

star 5
    can we make formal complaints about AA's conduct as a moderator? after all, he has been banned
  24. keokiswahine Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    *looks down and lifts rox's ?[face_plain] bat off ground. sees smashed something. looks closer. uh-oh, looks like somebody I know. grabs magnifying glass and studies smashed thingy. backs up in horror. :eek: :eek: :eek: sees a smashed alien acid. grabs flat back shovel and carefully lifts alien acid up and sets him down under a tree to recouperate. sets thanksgiving dinner and glass of apple cider next to him to encourage him to recover faster.*

:D :D :D*
  25. Humble extra Jedi Youngling

star 5
    i'd like to complain about keo's bedside manner, it seems awfully violent;)
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.