main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Poll - Moderator Conduct

Discussion in 'Communications' started by NathanDahlin, Nov 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keokiswahine

keokiswahine Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 4, 2000
    thanksgiving dinner and a glass of apple cider is cruel and unusual punishment. :D :D :D

2. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    So, has a decision been reached yet as to PB's fate? Can I assume ultimately it's Nathan's choice?

3. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    keo, what's that supposed to mean? I'm not even the person who banned him. In fact, I wasn't going to. Another mod went ahead and did it before I knew it happened.

"You assume too much."

4. Fathead

Fathead Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 12, 1999
    PB's fate is to be hounded at every turn by internet fanboys for the rest of eternity, if not longer.

5. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    my apologies, jas. Was it rox? I edited the post to reflect rox, as the other posty seemed to refer to her. Rox, my apologies if it wasn't you, but am running out of minutes to edit.

:D :D :D

6. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    It doesn't matter who it was. Just don't make assumptions. Thanks.

7. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I think this thread is unproductive, and I think it's extra crappy that some are using socks to voice their opinion.

8. son_of_the_tear

son_of_the_tear Jedi Master star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    I have not read the whole thread, but there is also the issue of his girlfriend, Chewy, coming on to the JC under his user name and performing mod duties and banning people.

Yes, it has happened.

9. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    yes, bobafemme has fast trigger editting talents. :D :D :D

10. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    the chewie thing was how long ago? if that's people's main beef (seeing as it keeps getting brought up) i think that the time for taking action for that is past.

11. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    i agree that something should have happened then. but it's been a year since then, and it hasn't happened again. the previous administration didn't deal with it the way that the general community would have liked. but i'd say that the statute of limitations has passed. if it happens again, it should definatively be addressed.

edit: don't get me wrong... i'm not trying to defend anyone. i'm just saying that if this thread is going to continue, that relavent issues should be discussed, not year-old ones.

12. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    there was an attempted Coup? Why wasn't I informed?

13. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    1. no
    2. no

of course this is coming from a guy who has been at the JC for less than a year and so my opinion wouldn't be based on actions he did a year or more ago. it's based on the image I got from Preacherboy in the time i've spent here.

14. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    IF ANYONE likes me a Little, then you and I can become Friends!!!

I am here to make friends, NOT enemies.

15. That_Flashing

That_Flashing Jedi Master star 5

Aug 22, 2000
    1. No

2. No

16. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Knock it off, on Hurrying Nathan to close this thread...or whatever.

I am sure when he comes back, he will say something (Smart and Responsible)... it's NOT easy to say, I bet.

Preacherboy is not an evil Monster, really. He is probably a good Mod, but too harsh for some of our tastes. So, I CAN see why some people get along with PB totally fine!!!

My point is, LEAVE him (Nathan) ALONE, so he can think it though with plenty of time on hand, etc...

17. Master_JoshuaWindu

Master_JoshuaWindu Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2001
    4) As of a selected date, we're considering 'wiping everyone's slate clean' on the management team. Any active admin you didn't like or had problems with in the past gets a second chance. The Admins will not bring up the past again, so if you are a current user please give them the same chance. If you think an admin has been hateful or disgruntled in the past, that will be forgiven but current actions will be used for effectiveness evaluation. read here

18. toochilled

toochilled Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    This thread is about recent events.

Whatever peoples opinions about previous incidents the slate WAS wiped clean. Whether individuals agreed with it or not it is generally best to all uphold such a ruling and base your views upon recent events only.

19. Darkside_Spirit

Darkside_Spirit Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 9, 2001
    I don't really know a great deal about the issues here, although I've attempted to inform myself by reading through this thread.

It's important to have a discussion here, because mods shouldn't be above reproach. Equally, they shouldn't be demoted for tiny mistakes.

If this is the first time, and the charges against him are valid, then maybe he should be let off with a stern warning, or be forced to take a holiday. If it's not the first time he has done something like this, then there should definitely be a serious moderator discussion with all options - including a combined ban/demotion, permanent or temporary - being considered.

Just my opinion, in case it's worth anything. Like I said, I don't know a great deal about what's gone on here.

HOWEVER from what I've picked up from reading this thread, it would be no great injustice if he WERE to be demoted.

20. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    I have had no problem with PreacherBoy or any other moderator. I think they are doing their job as best as they can. And those who are saying a moderator is "too harsh," that's their job. I could compare this thing to people's emotions towards Borsk Fey'lya, but I won't.

The only problem I have had with some moderators is their poor choice in name colors. :p

To answer the questions, though:

1. No
    2. No

21. Jotun Denal

Jotun Denal Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Preacherboy is dreamy... [face_love]

BTW, did Lord Chewy and him break up???

22. GrandAdmiralPelleaon

GrandAdmiralPelleaon Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2000
    Pizza...were you even around for the LC "fiasco"? You weren't were you? howcome your complaining about it then?

(I wasn't around if your interested..)

23. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    Have a think about that last post PTH [face_plain]

24. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    Oh jah, dat's it. Vee are all Nazis.

Your motives culdn't vee anymore obvious. All zee people who have zed zee zame thing have usually turned out to vee permanently vanned, jah?

25. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    If I had a penny for every time the mods here have been compared to Nazis.....

Pizza, don't think that calling someone a Nazi is something you'll get away with more than once.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.