Poll - Moderator Conduct

Discussion in 'Communications' started by NathanDahlin, Nov 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. knowledge Jedi Master

star 4
    should I quote flarestorm for you Pizza? There is character bashing going on which people are covering with stupid arguements that really don't do anything in the long run. Consistency is key, if all the mods can agree to be consistent with the rules that are laid down for the people they govern no problems will be present.
  2. jasman Administrator Emeritus

star 4
  3. Jedi-Corleone Jedi Youngling

star 4
  4. JediMaster22 Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    >Should PreacherBoy be demoted???
    Go here to give your opinion
    http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=4804546&replies=127
    Ive been demoted from "Serial" to "Annoying" Troll Status
    ph33r m1 li77l3 br41n <

-- Pizza's Sig.

Well, It seems that you and I have different goals in this matter. YOU REALLY care about this matter...TOO MUCH!

I, have NO EVIL intentions to demote PreacherBoy, and I don't need to say anymore than what has already said by good people like JGM, obi-wan69, etc. I agree with them that PB needs to change for the better, as I previously stated.

I don't want PB demoted BAD, and I don't really care like that. Don't get me wrong, he needs to change better though.
  5. jasman Administrator Emeritus

star 4
    Hey, I gave my input. I'll only add that this thread never should have been started in the first place. It's an internal matter that should be handled internally. No need to air the dirty linen in public.
  6. Servings per Container Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, there are at least 3 votes repremanding this thread. Maybe a mod should create a thread where we can discuss this thread's conduct and what should be done about it. Then if there's a majority the mod can then close the thread.

Or we could just bypass the administrative meatbags altogether and install a mod script that tabulates the votes of the members and renders a totally just decision!
  7. Pyrus Jedi Master

star 4
    What's with all this damn member input? I want my authoritarian regime back!
  8. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Bypass the meatbags!

This is getting meaningless. So what if everyone posts yes yes; no yes; yes no? Would that really cause a demotion? Is Preacherboy going to be more polite? I think anyone who had something to say has already said it by now. So now what, just wait until the thread drifts into oblivion and pretend it never happened? I don't really think much is going to be accomplished by putting PB in stocks via this thread.
  9. Skyler Jedi Master

star 4
    OOOOOooooOOOOh! Jasman is on my side! I automatically win!

;)

10. AlienAcid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Pizza has turned this thread into his crusade to get PB demoted... sad really that a serial troll is allowed to do this and not be banned [face_plain] "

You are obviously trying to bait pb.. and I believe you said someone he should be demoted for that... well what should he do to you then? you contribute nothing to the boards unlike PB.
  11. AlienAcid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The only mistake was removing that label.

12. AlienAcid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    your intentions were obvious the second you changed your signature to an advertisement inviting people to get PB demoted.
  13. Tellesto Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    -Is PreacherBoy's behavior unacceptable for a moderator of his position?

He?s simply a very stark and plainspoken person who exercises a bit of the wordy judgement when dealing with the membership. True, I do not find it to be acceptable in all methods and ways of diplomacy, but to each his own. If he feels that it is his right to have people perceive and view him in that light then that is his own doing, and by far the ways on which others will in turn judge him.

-If so, does this behavior warrant a demotion from his current position?

No, it does not. I have absolutely no idea for the wits of me why an attitude as driven as his is displayed in other moderators and is not only accepted but rather applauded and then booed and disapproved in PreacherBoy, especially when he has done nothing recently that is warranted of bad moderation. He does his job like everyone else and he offers a technical perspective to the issues facing the Jedi Council, and he does this in his way, his demeanor.
    If other ways to contact or disapprove of his attitude hasn?t really worked before then I suggest that people need to get a grip over what they?re dealing with here and start growing thicker skin. Just relax, take a stress pill and walk away from the Jedi Council, because that?s all it is, a message board. If you have a problem with how a person uses an attitude on the net then I seriously wonder how you?d deal with those types of personalities in real life, you just need to go with the flow.

When PreacherBoy does something that effects or seriously diminishes the moderation abilities and requirements given to him then we?re talking about a demotion. But until then, if something as such ever happened then we?re just walking in circles here pinning for the same thing over and over again, trying to stick glue to molasses.
  14. Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling

star 5
    "If you have a problem with how a person uses an attitude on the net then I seriously wonder how you?d deal with those types of personalities in real life"

In real life, you don't put someone in a position of power if said person cannot weild that power without letting personal feelings cloud his judgemeant.

1. Yes

2. perhaps a demotion is not neccesary. maybe a warning will get him to show a bit more objectivity(yes I am aware that he has banned his friends before, but as far as I know, he's never perm banned them over a seemingly miniscule infraction)

I have no personal problems with Pboy, and I actually think he's pretty cool as a member(that b0k b0k thing is pretty funny, for example), but as a mod, I am somewhat in doubt.
  15. Commander Wedge Antilles Force Ghost

star 4
  16. Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Is PreacherBoy's behavior unacceptable for a moderator of his position?

Yes. Mods should set a good example to members. That is the best way to have the members act properly.

If so, does this behavior warrant a demotion from his current position?

Sorry to say it bud, but yes. The reason being that there are many members out there that could make very good mods - better mods than PreacherBoy. I'm not trying for mod. I have history, and know better than to even try. But there are many good members out there that can do a better job than me or PreacherBoy.
  17. AlienAcid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    LOL CWA

and a someone like AT60 offering his opinon isnt too good, were you not banned and giving a second chance for being a complete moron?
  18. Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling

star 6
    I was banned for being callous, and unbanned for reforming. My intelligence had nothing to do with it.
  19. jasman Administrator Emeritus

star 4
    Being a complete moron is NOT against the rules of the JC.

...unfortunately.

;)
  20. AlienAcid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well, chyren had the stupidity rule....
  21. PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling

star 5
    You really start to wonder why 50% of the people that have a problem with me are the people that have had to deal with the Administration more than once.

Doesn't have to be that way, though. Wormie2 and I have been getting along, for the most part, lately. Things started getting better around the time we had a 1-on-1 conversation. I'll do my best to talk to most of you that have stated any sort of negative feelings about my abilities, if I have not already. Some of you, however, won't be getting talked to at all. You know who you are and if you don't know why, I've probably already told you that you are an unreasonable person [for thinking that a link to a site like Rotten is acceptable on the JC].
  22. Skyler Jedi Master

star 4
    whatever happened to the rules "NO BLASTERS!" and "move along"???
  23. knowledge Jedi Master

star 4
    when can I start the AA should be banned thread? ;)
  24. AlienAcid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  25. Fathead Force Ghost

star 4
    This thread sucks....but then which thread doesn't?

Hooray for multiple thread deletions.

And Preacherboy is an egomaniacal jerk with little or no supervision. That's why I like him, I'm the same way.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.