main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

POLL - Rank the opening and closing of each movie!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by General_Quenobi, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeoBaggins

NeoBaggins Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    I was speaking from a more literal sense of the films "opening". I thought the question was based on the impact of the first events and images you see after the crawl. Like, whats happening when the film starts. I guess Corde getting blown out of her shoes qualifies as part of the opening but I didnt consider that far after the crawl. I dont think you are alone in liking that scene, it may just be some wernt considering it at the time.

2. Strung_Guru

Strung_Guru Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2005
    Best opening:

Episode VI-Return of the Jedi

It's chilling and unexpected to see the new Death Star floating there in space. Then Vader's shuttle arrives and, as he steps onscreen, we see just how well-respected and greatly feared he has become within the ranks of the Imperial forces through the dialogue with the Admiral and the cadre of troops standing at attention in their pristine white armor.

Best closing:

Episode II-Attack of the Clones

The ominous effect of seeing these enormous battleships rising slowly into space to the sounds of the the Imperial March, with the knowledge that the burgeoning war has been perfectly orchestrated by Sidious is almost overwhelming.

-Guru

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.