main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Poll: Rate the Trailer

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Dra---, Nov 29, 2014.

?

Rate the trailer

1. I love it!

63.7%
  2. I like it.

23.3%
  3. I don't love or hate it. I'm ambivalent. It's ok. It may or may not grow on me. I'm in the middle.

8.2%
  4. I don't like it.

4.1%
  5. I hate it!

0.7%
  1. Abadacus

Abadacus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2014
    Dra---
    Why do you feel the need to spend so much of your time here belittling, marginalizing, and passively insulting those who don't share your opinion?
    I get that you want this film to be great - we pretty much all do, but some of us have become worried that it won't be, and that's alright.
    You can simply ignore it, voice your disagreement, or try to sway their opinions and I won't mind, but it's off-putting seeing such hostility crop up again and again.
    There will always be deep disagreements in this fandom, but as long as things stay civil and respectful, we can all enjoy talking about Star Wars together.

2. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    And including the Falcon plus TIE fighters does the job well enough of building excitement.

Dra--- likes this.
  3. Cardoski

Cardoski Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2014
    Nice to see something, makes it more real, I like it.

Dra--- likes this.
  4. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I'm not belittling anyone when I argue that a small minority of contrarians is likely more indicative of personality or disposition than logical position. If you follow polling at all, you see there's always a small group that's against something even when a huge majority is for it. That suggests psychology is at play.

That only needs to be an insult to you if you believe that you are a contrarian. Do you think that? :)

And there are many others here who bash just because they regularly grind an axe. These partisans annoy me and I enjoy exposing their bias whenever I can.

Why? Because I love truth and I love Star Wars. Liars and distorters beware. [face_devil]

5. Echo Base

Echo Base Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2013
    Ambivalent as well but I am your opposite. I hope they focus on the spooky Sith in the woods and that we don't see much of the X-Wings or spce dogfights.

Dra--- likes this.
  6. Captain B

Captain B Jedi Master star 3

Oct 8, 2014
    Frankly, I loved it. All of it. And I'm a crotchety old fart. Just ask my wife.

7. Echo Base

Echo Base Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2013
    I really didn't get much of an energy "vibe" from it at all, unfortunately. Wish I could be as excited about it as you evidently are.

I put some dot points about what I liked/thought worked well and what I disliked/thought did not work so well in a post on page 57 of the main trailer thread.

Dra--- likes this.
  8. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    It looks like the OT with a few shoutouts to the PT. It leaves the story almost a complete mystery. But that's a fine thing for now. All the teaser had to do was to announce that a new Star Wars movie was coming, and that it will look and feel almost exactly like a Star Wars movie, with only subtle shifts that hopefully will accentuate even more how much like a Star Wars movie it's going to be.

What's not to love?

Dra--- and Artoo-Dion like this.
  9. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Maybe a better way to put it is potential vs kinetic energy. The wole thing, to me, felt tense and like something was about to happen. The whole thing was people going somewhere to do something, but the tease is that we don't know exactly what.

To disect it a bit, the music and reaction shots were the tension, the Falcon and the main title were the release. I can see that it didn't work for everbody, but I really enjoyed it.

10. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Fantastic observation. I didn't (consciously) pick up on that, but you're right. It's a very effective technique.

Dra--- likes this.
  11. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    I loved it. I was hoping we'd see a return of the Sith, or at least a dark sider as a villain, and I got that. What made me love it more was how it substantiates so many rumours from a certain source that I've been really liking the direction of (ancient Sith artifacts, ancient Sith spirits, ancient Sith resurrection?).

Dra--- likes this.
  12. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Yeah, I really loved it. Every single part of it. I'm intrigued by Boyega, Daisy, the stormtroopers, the bad guy….it was all great. By my second viewing I even forgot my initial disappointment that the Big 3 weren't in it. That bodes well for me.

Dra--- and plaidphoenix like this.
  13. Darth Dookacas

Darth Dookacas Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2014
    Loved it. Soon as Boyega popped up it hit me. This is really happening! It had a great vibe and I liked the look of it. The music gave it a dark vibe. Then Bam! The fracking Falcon! I threw my hands up like I was on a roller coaster.:D

Dra--- likes this.
  14. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    The results of this poll thus far surprise me. The first few (dozen) pages of the other thread were staggeringly negative. Maybe all of us who loved it were too busy watching it over and over again.

I'll say that we shouldn't belittle everyone who dislikes the trailer. So far I've seen a lot of well measured and interesting criticisms of the trailer. On the other hand, we should continue to poke fun at those who become enraged every time they see something they don't instantly love.

15. hippie1kenobi

Apr 28, 2002
    Yeah. I love some of the intelligent disagreement and debate that goes down here (though often buried under an avalanche of nonsense*) and like hearing people's thoughts as to why they do or do not like things.

That said... the trolls, racists, bashers and other assorted scum have been out in droves this weekend and I sincerely feel bad for the mods trying to keep people on topic and civil.

*I mean that in a good way

Dra--- and plaidphoenix like this.
  16. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Don't forget the gushers who act like something is wrong with people who don't like the trailer.

17. ifleninwasawizard

Jun 2, 2014
    Uhh, my point is exactly that people shouldn't be put down simply for disliking the trailer...

18. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    And?.. I didn't say it wasn't.

19. ifleninwasawizard

Jun 2, 2014
    Why say 'don't forget' about them if you didn't think I forgot them? Now I am confused.

InterestingLurker and Dra--- like this.
  20. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I loved it repeatedly, unrepentingly and unashamedly.

21. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
  22. poundpuppy29

poundpuppy29 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 3, 2007
    I loved it I want my New SW movie and I want it now

Dra--- likes this.
  23. ifleninwasawizard

Jun 2, 2014
    Togruta I was confused because me and hippie1kenobi seemed to be expressing the same sentiment, but whatever, I'm gonna let it go.

To avoid making another purely personal post, I'll randomly mention that I loved just closing my eyes and listening to the trailer.

24. hippie1kenobi

Apr 28, 2002
    Yeah, I was agreeing that we shouldn't jump on people just becasue they don't like the trailer. I said something like, "assorted other scum"...sorry I didn't mention everybody's favourite flavor.

Glad I'm not the only one who did that. :) I'm now trying to decide which of the two Lego versions I like better.

ifleninwasawizard likes this.
  25. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014
    Dunes were Hype.

Stormtrooper/Jedi Boyega was hype

Roll droid was hype

Salvager/Speeder Daisy was hype

X-wings and Ace pilot Oscar Issac was hype

Cloaked Sith/Inquisitor Driver with Claymore saber is hype

Falcon flying through a blue sky while out maneuvering two TIE's is the definition of hype.

So yea, I'd say I loved it.

NoSuchThingAsLuck likes this.