main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Poll: Rate Trailer 3 -- Love It or Hate It?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Dra---, Oct 20, 2015.

?

Rate Trailer 3

1. Love it

78.4%
  2. Hate it

1.7%
  3. Somewhere in the middle: it was average or ok

17.3%
  4. Other: please be specific

2.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BretHart

BretHart Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 29, 2015
    The film will be levels above the prequel films, but the prequel trailers will be levels above any of the Sequel Trilogy trailers.

2. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    Not gonna lie. It's the only trailer that actually feels like Star Wars to me. I must have watched it 50+ times by now.

3. Delta-7

Delta-7 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 24, 2002

PT Trailer game was strong. But I think this trailer was a very worthy addition to the halls of Star Wars trailer canon.

RoTS might have had my favorite SWs trailer ever (Obi-Wan's speech from ANH gave me shivers) but this is a close 2nd.

Force Smuggler and BretHart like this.
  4. BretHart

BretHart Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 29, 2015
    The first Episode 1 teaser was absolutely incredible. Felt so Star Wars...... The movie was awful, but this trailer feels more like JJ Abrams than Star Wars which is kind of annoying. ROTS final trailer was the best of all time perhaps. It was incredible.

5. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    loved it

Abbiegalie likes this.
  6. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    No lies. At this point, JJ can release a dancing ewok reciting the arabeshic alphabet and I will watch it repeatedly with stars in my eyes ..

Abbiegalie likes this.
  7. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    I was underwhelmed and then started getting more whelmed. I think overall it left me with the impression that it will be a very solid movie, and maybe even on-par with episodes IV and V, though I think the probability of that is still pretty low.

8. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
  9. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Not sure about that. I say it how I see it, and I think you tend to pick up on negative comments a bit more. I'll love seeing Ford, Fisher and Hamill in a Star Wars film again, I've always said that the new leads have been well cast, that Abrams is at least a cinematic director (in terms of lighting and framing etc) and I nearly get as much out of Williams music as I do the films... so what's not to like in a 2 minute trailer??? However, I still don't get a sense of a strong story from the trailer (well not a particularly original story), and I do think this is the first time a Star Wars film, from a visual perspective, seems more like everything else around it rather than being visually distinctive in its own right. Those are fundamental elements for me... but as I say, what's not to like from a 2 minute trailer showing Han, Leia, X-Wings etc?

10. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Love it. My favorite trailer for the movie, probably my favorite trailer ever. Nothing has ever gotten me as pumped as this.

Hogarth Wrightson likes this.
  11. admiral_Jim

admiral_Jim Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2004
    Loved it...

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.