main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madison, WI Poll Results Thus Far

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Rick_Sith, Jun 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    OK, here we go.

So far(6/25), we had 7 people vote.
    2 - East Side
    2 - North Side
    1 - Central
    2 - Other (no posts indicating where "other" they are)

However, only have 4 different people posting to that thread. That means 3 other people haven't posted.

Just to make it clear, this next meeting (July 13th) will help determine whether or not we can get enough people to form an official FF in Madison. So far, it doesn't look good. So go forth and gather everyone you know and have them post here and come to the meetings.

Just in case...
    There is an alternative. Those who are interested could join the Milwookiee FF. Most of their meetings are in the SE part of the state, though. That was one of the reasons we were trying to form a Madison FF... to make meetings more convenient for us who live around here.

We need people who will be dedicated to this, so spread the word.

2. yoda_boba

yoda_boba Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    id love to come, but i cant make it...sorry everyone. i have to keep the meeting places in the area where i can ride my bike...

3. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    You can't hitch a ride with any of us? Time to let loose with a "WT*?!?" Yoda_Boba, I'm pretty sure one of us could pick you up.

4. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    I already said that I would give you a ride Yoda-Boba. If you are afraid of me giving you a ride, then that's ok. You will just miss out on some good times at the meetings then.

Again, we have only 3 or 4 people in the area who are posting to this board. I'm wondering where the others are and why they don't post. Even a simple "Hello" would be good.

5. yoda_boba

May 19, 2002
    I'm not afraid, but my parents will be...I wont even bother to ask them cause they'll say "no." I know them too well...yes, sadly ill have to ride my bike to everything, unless one of my friends joins in on the fun...

6. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Invite your parents to come and check it out...that usually answers their concerns. If nothing else, your williness to let them in on "your thing" might be enough to let them loosen up a bit. Of course, all parents are different. :)

7. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    Yoda_boba, I thought the same thing about my parents when I was your age. They'd say no right off the bat, so I thought. Until one time I finally decided to move past the assuming, and I asked them and got a yes with a "but" attatched to it. It was a yes none-the-less though. They actually may say yes, so bite the bullet and ask them goshdarnit!

8. yoda_boba

May 19, 2002
    the "buts" are bad, they need to know the person first...

9. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    Sheesh, then just bring them with. Then you kill two stormtroopers with one stone. You get to come to the meeting AND your parents get to meet us. Just give it a whirl and see what happens. Humor us and ask them.

10. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    It was posted a few times before. Please have your parents come along.

I know, I know... Getting them to go will be tough, but I'm sure that if you show them this board, and let them read our posts, they will see that we aren't freaks(Well, not completely :D ).

If they like, they can PM me or some of the others here and learn all they want to learn. The better informed they are the more likely they will be OK with this.

It's always worth the try.

11. yoda_boba

May 19, 2002
    it will be tough getting them to go...i asked my mom to take me to EP. II and her exact words were "I have a life, so no" and my answer was "Well i dont, so drop me off..." they dont understand my obsession...god i have work cut out for me.

12. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    So we have to e-mail Subulba-X to announce that the meeting is going to be official? Well, at least we're going to attempt the official-ness, right?

13. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    Yeah, go ahead and email him with the details, so he can post it.
    I think he said a week in advance is the minimum time limit.

14. yoda_boba

May 19, 2002
    No its 3 days in advance, but the earlier the better...

15. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    Well, it's been e-mailed off since last night. So all should be good. If not, I'll hear back from him.

16. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Story's been posted, just check out FF Main to see it. I can bump it back up to the top when it gets closer to the date if you like...just remind me. :)

17. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    Woo hoo! Thanks much SebulbaX!
    I'll probably remind you next Wednesday or Thursday to bump it up. :D

18. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    ;)

Oh, and remember the dash...'tis important you know.

Sebulba-X ;)

19. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    *makes note to fix hyphen key on keyboard...* :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.