main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Poll: Shoould Anakin Solo get his grandfather's sabre by the end of the NJO?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DarthBoba, Sep 18, 2001.

?

Poll: Shoould Anakin Solo get his grandfather's sabre by the end of the NJO?

Poll closed Sep 23, 2001.
  1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. No

61 vote(s)
    78.2%
  3. I don't care as long as he has a sabre.

5 vote(s)
    6.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
  2. exar-tull

exar-tull Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 22, 2001
    yes he should.

3. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I don't think Mara would think too highly of giving her saber to someone else.

4. Balance_Point

Balance_Point Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Wow, it is cool to be the only one to have voted on a poll. *watches 'no' option shoot out to 100%* :D

It's nothing against Anakin, but I think that his grandpa's lightsaber is really more of a father-to-son heirloom. In other words, I think that when Ben is ready, he ought to inherit it.

EDIT: Well, that didn't last long. :)

5. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    I can see the symbolism of it but the lightsabre he has now seems to be working REALLY well. And Keyes said there is some reason it stayed violet... hmm.

And he has always had a fear of turning into Vader. I don't think having Anakin Skywalker's sabre would be good for that. But, hey, maybe it would!

6. Ace-777

Ace-777 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2001
    I think Anakin should get Anakin's

lightsaber after like getting his hand or

arm cut off (kind of like Luke) so he

realizes that he isn't immortal.

7. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Thanks for saying 'yes', y'all.

Anakin basically is his grandfather at this point in time. Giving the lightsabre of the Chosen One to some Emperor's Hand chick seems like blasphemy to me.

8. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    Anakin has a too cool lightsaber now. its made of a special Yuuzhun Vong crystal that works ONLY for him.

9. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    No, I think that someday (and not for a very, very, very long time!) that lightsaber should be passed to Ben Skywalker or his son or daughter. It was once HIS grandfather's, his father's, and his mother's. I think it should be wielded by another Skywalker in the future.

10. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    It should go to Ben. Or possibly one of Ben's future children. After all, it was Ben's father's, and Ben's mother's. Anakin already has a neat lightsaber.

11. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    It should eventually go to Ben. Under no circumstances should Anakin get his hands on that thing.

12. XWing5

XWing5 Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2001
    No! That lightsaber should be inherited by Ben Skywalker. As someone said, Anakin Skywalker was his grandfather also, and it belonged to Ben's Dad and Mom too.

13. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    Chnaged my mind. Anakin should get the lightsaber and his 2 cool lightsaber should go to Ben.

14. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    What if Ben dosn't want to be a Jedi?

:(

15. Balance_Point

Balance_Point Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Unfortunately, it probably doesn't really matter much. Look at what happened to the Solo kids; they were instructed in the Jedi arts practically since infancy. Since they were direct descendants of Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader and a part of the Skywalker bloodline, they were almost automatically expected to become great Jedi Knights. Ben, being the son of two of the greatest Jedi currently in existence, likely has a similar path in front of him whether he wants it or not. Hopefully, he'll be able to accept and live up to the responsibility that's going to be placed on him.

16. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Unless the authors consiously choose a different fate for Ben.

17. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I agree with Slimybug. Anakin's saber right now is too fascinating to replace. And as for Ben Skywalker inheriting the vadersaber, I still think the little brat should be force-blind. ::Ducks rotting fruit.::

18. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Kinda what I was trying to say. But just "force blind" is kinda cliche too. Maybe something else...

19. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    The Saber belongs to Mara. She gets to keep it until she decides to pass it on to one of
    their children. Anakin should NOT get it.
    EVER.

20. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    No the vong sabre works for him. Ben should get it. It makes sense to me.

21. EmpressMara

EmpressMara Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2001
    I like Anakin. He is my favorite Solo kid, but he was not meant to have that heirloom.
    The saber should be given to Ben. When Luke's son has his "call to adventure" maybe there will be a scene something like this:

MARA: Your father wanted you to have this when you were old enough.

BEN: What is it?

MARA: Your grandfather's lightsaber.

And so another hero's journey begins....

22. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Luke presented that lightsaber to Mara. It's her's now. And Anakin's lightsaber now gives him a bit of an edge against the Vong that none of the other Jedi have. Why should he give it up to use his grandfather's blade? I say he shouldn't.

23. Mazzic

Mazzic Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    No way. It's Mara's saber now. Don't get me started on the whole Mara topic...

Another reason I think that Anakin should NOT get it is because it should be passed on to Ben. Personally, I think Mara should make another saber and actually USE it, but that is beside the point.

And besides which, it wouldn't seem logical for Anakin to get it with the way things to be shaping up in future books and all...unless Mara dies or something.

24. MaceWinducannotdie

MaceWinducannotdie Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    Building one's own saber is a higher status of Jedi knighthood than inheriting one, so ASolo using ASkywalker's blade would be a step backward.

But speaking of used sabers, what happened to Obi-Wan's. I mean, I think it would be logical for Vader to pick it up on the Death Star on the theory you can never have too many lightsabers. In that case, there'd be a good chance that he would have it on his person and it wouldn't be destroyed at the Battle of Yavin. Perhaps it could resurface? In the hands of the new Ben, when he's old
    enough?

25. Skydancer

Skydancer Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2001
    No - it should go to Ben, but if making a lightsaber is the mark of jedi knighthood than he could always rebuild or strengthen it. I'm sure by his age the technology would be much better by then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.