Poll: Shoould Anakin Solo get his grandfather's sabre by the end of the NJO?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DarthBoba, Sep 18, 2001.

?

Poll: Shoould Anakin Solo get his grandfather's sabre by the end of the NJO?

Poll closed Sep 23, 2001.
Yes 12 vote(s) 15.4%
No 61 vote(s) 78.2%
I don't care as long as he has a sabre. 5 vote(s) 6.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlemagne19 Chosen One

star 7
    Guys I hate to spoil this for you.

But in the Junior Jedi Knight's Book "Kenobi's Blade" Anakin Skywalker as a boy of eleven along with Tionne, Tahari, and Ikrit go to the Fortress World of Vjun (Vader's castle in Dark Empire II) and recover Ben Kenobi's blade from the evil Sith Lord's trophy room.

The violet bladed lightsaber IS Ben Kenobi's blade after Anakin's been tinkering with it.

Just like Leia's lightsaber is Nomi Sunrider's after she repaired it when the Emperor nearly destroyed her family.

The "rebirth" of a blade is a powerful event among Jedi.
  2. katskywalker Jedi Knight

no. Poor kid, he's NOT THAT Anakin! He's hotter!
  3. Zoombini Jedi Knight

star 2
    Definitly not. It's a gift from Luke to Mara. It partly symbolises their union. So if and when they decide to part from it they will most likely hand it over to Ben.
  4. Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Nah, it should go to Ben. It seems to be an heirloom in that side of the family(from Anakin, to Luke via Ben, then to Luuke, to Mara, and eventually to Ben). Anakin has a unique blade of his own.
  5. Mike17 Jedi Padawan

First,

Mace- Obi-Wan's lightsaber was taken by Darth Vader, and hidden in one of his fortresses. Anakin, Tionne, and Anakin's friends recovered it, and gave it to Luke.

Second,

Anakin should have Darth Vader's lightsaber.

Darth Vader's red lightsaber should go to Anakin. I just think it'd be really cool to see Anakin using his Sith grandfather's red blade.

Anakin Skywalker's blue blade should continue through the Skywalker family.
  6. kyrack Jedi Knight

star 1
    Vader's red lightsaber is destroyed, lost when Luke chopped off his hand in ROTJ. I don't think Anakin Solo will use the Skywalker saber.
  7. slimybug Force Ghost

star 5
    If the 2cool saber was ben it should go to the new ben, and Anakin will get anakins.
  8. JWK Jedi Master

star 4
    no he has his own, and his granddad's ls is is aunt's now.
  9. pat-fett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well I'm my own grandpa if that helps.
  10. Mike17 Jedi Padawan

Anakin Should get the red Vader lightsaber, and Ben should get the blue Skywalker saber.

Assuming the red saber could be found.
    Does anyone know what happened to it?
  11. kyrack Jedi Knight

star 1
    I explained this a few posts ago. Vader's red saber is gone. Destroyed. In the second Death Star, Luke chopped off Vader's hand and the saber fell down the shaft with it. Then the Death Star blew up. It's pretty safe to assume it's gone for good.
  12. JadenSkywalker Force Ghost

star 4
    Anakin Skywalker's blade is Mara's now. Luke gave it to her in the early days of their friendship. It must mean a lot to her. If Mara gives her blade away, it will probably go to Ben, her son.
  13. BoutyPunkrAurra Jedi Knight

star 3
  14. Vong_Killer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Would Anikin even want his gramp's saber? It seems to me that in an attempt not to be more like vader he would reject the saber. It belongs to Ben anyway. Maybe it will be given to Ani but he'll decide ben deserves it.
  15. Jayd Jedi Knight

star 3
    No he shouldn't. Too cliched. Besides, Mara's got that saber hasn't she? Or have I missed something?
  16. jade_angel Jedi Master

star 4
    The Skywalker lightsabre belongs on the Skywalker side of the family while the Millennium Falcon belongs to the Solo side of the Falcon which brings up an intereseting question... which of the Solo kids do you think will inherit the Falcon? :p

But since the lightsabre belongs to Mara she'll probably give it to Ben.
  17. GS335 Jedi Master

star 4
    In what book did Luke give Mara his father's (Anakin's) lightsaber? And, why would Mara want to use her father-in-law's lightsaber. She does not know the good person whom Anakin Skywalker is (before he became darth vader, and after he saved Luke from the emporer). The only thing that she knows about Anakin, was that he used to be a Jedi, fought in the clone wars, and whatever else Luke has told her, from what he knows about his dad, which is not very much. She does not know the good person Obi Wan told Luke about in ROTJ, so why would she want his lightsaber...AnakinS. means nothing to her, because she does not know him, and knows close to nothing about him, other than what Luke has told her, which is not much, because Luke does not know much about his father, other than he was a Jedi Knight and fought in the clone wars...that is it......he does not even know what his father looked like during his days as a Jedi, before he became darth vader. I find Mara having Anakin Skywalker's lightsaber to be very, very strange, for all the reasons I've said before, don't you?

God bless :)
  18. GS335 Jedi Master

star 4
    I also say that Mara Jade will give the lightsaber to Ben, since it is a Skywalker inheritance, IMO. Anakin Solo will not want his grandfather's old Jedi lightsaber at all, because he is afraid that he will become like he was. He hates his name, because he is named after the man whom became darth vader....he dislikes his grandfather, even though he did redeem himself and save his uncle Luke all those years ago.

God bless :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.