main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Poll Suggestions Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by droideka27, Aug 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Huh.

This is why I so many people don't do a forum search for mods don't do them. Laziness of course.

Also in a semi-related note. Those 40% who didn't vote for Connery need to be shot.

2. master_hard_bread

master_hard_bread Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2005
    Lol, right on!=D= Connery rules!

3. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    You remember that index at the top of the page, EV? :p

4. Anakin_Sockwalker

Anakin_Sockwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2005
    It's much easier starting a redundant topic than using the search function. :p

5. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    Oh i never answered an earlier question. TBM, no, you can't set time limits for polls to expire. In this forum, they just get locked once they have been inactive for 6 months. Otherwise they stick around forever.

6. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Ah, that's cool. The point is, you answered eventually, and that's ALL that counts, isn't it?

:p

Um, anyway. Yeah, okay, fair enough. It's a bit annoying, but okay.

7. master_hard_bread

Oct 11, 2005
    So no next-gen system poll? :(

8. Anakin_Sockwalker

Anakin_Sockwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2005
    Suggestion:

1 + 1 = ?

Choices:

9. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Or "How do you count to Three?"

a. One, Two, Three
    b. One, Two, Five

10. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Heh.

You could ask what 7^0 is. 7,0,1, 70 or other. *grins* Or 1^-1.

But seriously, can't think of any polls, other than ones that are already done. And I've contributed to most of those already...

11. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    It's quite possible it will happen. Droideka doesn't like to flood Census with new polls. IMO there is quite a backlog of good polls waiting, I'm sure she'll get around to them in good time.

And to that 1 + 1 poll, you'd need to add "window" to the list of possible answers. :p

12. master_hard_bread

Oct 11, 2005
    Clunk clunk clunk, hey come herei think i found soemthing, what is it? i think its a thread that we almost lost!

How about how do you sleep?
    -naked
    -boxers
    -whitey tighties
    -pj pants
    -pj pants no undies
    -shirt
    -shirt and pants pjs

13. TheBoogeyMan

TheBoogeyMan Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2005
    I'm thinking a Halloween poll of some description is required, Droideka. :D

14. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    Oh and what is the suggestion? :p I was trying to think of something earlier but i failed. I am studying for a dumb test currently, and my cretivity is low :(

15. TheBoogeyMan

TheBoogeyMan Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2005
    Hmm . . . see, that's my problem too. I can't think of anything, I was hoping you'd come up with something brilliant.

Maybe favourite Halloween movie? Book? Poem? Costume? Candy? Something like that. I know the last one was already done sometime, it may even still be active.

16. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    I have an idea for a poll, and although it appears that I could create a poll myself (don't ask me why, because I never used to be able to do it before!), I thought I'd run it by you lot anyway.

Anyway, the idea for the poll is:

Should Halloween Be Banned In Non-American Countries?

The reason why I am asking this is, we have a problem with Halloween in the UK. Every year, people come around not on October 31st, but several days, even weeks beforehand asking for handouts. And when I say handouts, I mean money, not candy! There is also the costuming side of things...and I do use the term costume VERY LIGHTLY. All that people wear over here is the Ghostface mask...and that's it. Not very imaginative, you must agree. Plus, it's not kids that do the trick or treating, it's teenagers - 15 and 16 year olds asking for money.

Plus, every year, there are hundreds of incidents where the vunerable, ie. the elderly are robbed and beaten when they come to answer the front door, they get pushed down to the ground, beaten, and ransacked. Because of that, many pensioners are frightened to answer the door, and feel trapped in their own homes. And when they do, they feel threatened by the little toe-rags who intimidate them into giving them money.

So, I ask you, should Halloween be banned in Non-American countries?

17. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    How long have you been CR for? It's because VIPs can create polls, I believe. But it is good ettiquette to ask the forum manager (i.e. Droideka27) first. Interesting poll idea though. But it certainly sounds UK-specific, so I don't know why you are implying it should be banned in all non-American countries. We certainly don't have that problem in Australia.

18. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    I've been a CR since mid-July. I didn't know about the ability to create the polls - I guess my RSA neglected to mention it to me! :p

In either case, I still thought it was best to run it by TPTB first.

Anyway, about your question on Halloween, it's not UK specific; as you said in Australia you don't have that problem - I was raised in Australia myself, and know that it's not as bad as it is here, however, I do remember it wasn't exactly popular in Hobart. People there felt that we shouldn't do it there because we weren't American, so why should we follow their tradiitons. So, I still thought it might be relevant.

19. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Yes, fair enough. But banned? It would make little difference, nobody takes any notice of it anyway. :p

And for what it counts, I know of you - the Tasmanian UK CR. [face_laugh]

Anyway, also as far as I know CR's can post polls, but can't, if you know what I mean. As in, they have the ability to, but are not allowed. That's just my understanding, though, you better check with Droideka27. If I am correct it will just have to wait here like everyone elses . . .

20. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    I see my reputation preceeds me. If it's good, then it's all true! o_O

21. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Proper etiquette dictates that anyone with the power to create a poll in here should check with the forum manager first.

22. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    Actually according the forum forum description, it's always said only Moderators and up can create polls. Technically VIPs have the ability to do so, but they are not allowed to.

And i think that halloween poll suggestion is just a big too... narrow for the jc. Most people would not have a clue what you are talking about, and I'm not sure how many would read it and care enough to vote.

23. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    so you're telling me if Peter Mayhew came in here and created a poll, he'd get in trouble?

24. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    I'd totally ban him!1!!!!

And obviously, I'd probably make an exception for him. :p

25. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    What about me?

Me > Peter Mayhew.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.