Discussion Poll: What do you think episode 7 will be rated?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by garrwars, Jan 28, 2013.

?

What do you think episode 7 will be rated?

This poll will close on May 28, 2021 at 7:55 PM.
G 2 vote(s) 3.3%
PG 25 vote(s) 41.0%
PG-13 33 vote(s) 54.1%
R 0 vote(s) 0.0%
NC-17 1 vote(s) 1.6%
  1. garrwars Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    All the Star Wars movies have been rated PG except Sith which had to be PG-13 for good reason. I was hoping that at least the 1st of this new trilogy would be PG, but I'm thinking that won't be the case. J.J. hasn't directed a movie yet that wasn't PG-13, so I'm guessing 7 will be too.
  2. Darth Claire Force Ghost

star 4
    Nc-17......Nah I'm just joking. I say either Pg or Pg-13.
    Echo-07 likes this.
  3. Darth kRud Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I'm hoping for NC-17 (jk) More than likely PG-13 but I'd like to see one of the Star Wars films outside of the trilogy be rated R. More adult drama. themes and disturbing violence. don't really need detailed sex scenes. I don't think any of the new films from the trilogy should surpass the PG-13 rating.
  4. QsAssistant Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I have a feeling that Star Wars will probably remain in the PG-13 area and I'm okay with that.
  5. Golden Jedi Knight Jedi Master

star 1
    I think it'll be "PG." I hope it'll be "PG," or else I won't allow my son to see it until he's 13. I take movie ratings seriously.
    Julius Vernon and The Bops like this.
  6. Luukeskywalker Chosen One

star 4
    Screw NC-17, they need to go for XXX.
  7. Boba_Fat83 Force Ghost

star 2
    I would go all in on PG.
    They want the whole family to go...and PG will be the best avenue.
    Plus, Only ROTS was PG-13 and the added 'gore' didn't really add anything.
  8. The Bops Jedi Master

star 1
    I can understand why ROTS had to go the extra mile... I don't see another Episode going over PG. The spinoffs may be another story.
  9. phatdude1138 Force Ghost

star 4
    I agree, I would like to see SW return to PG. But it seems that the violence level has been raised to PG-13. I don't mean there is more violence, just what they classify as violence. I somewhat see why ROTS was PG-13, burning up Anakin was pretty gruesome. But ATOC has some decently violent scenes.

Not to get off topic, but I notices that TCW series is pretty violent as well. Well, violent for a Saturday morning cartoon. Just this past Saturday they had a beheading! Of a human!!!
  10. BigAl6ft6 Force Ghost

star 5
    It'll be rated FAB-U-LOUS!
  11. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    PG-13 seems to be the hit maker at the box office in recent years so I'm going with that.
    Summer Dreamer likes this.
  12. gregvader123 Jedi Master

star 2
    Out of curiosity, does anyone know how many Disney movies there are with a rating above PG?
  13. markdeez33 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Either PG or PG-13 is fine with me
  14. Episode Swag Jedi Master

star 1
    I don't think we can judge this based on how many films were PG.

Cause you know what? I think that Episode 6 would have been PG 13 if that rating existed back then. Simply because of Luke being electrocuted. Seriously man that was scary as a kid! Also, maybe Empire for Han's torture, Vader's killing of his own men and stuff.

In any sense I think the rating system has become much more strict these days. Wouldn't surprise me if this was pg 13. Well when you consider its past.
  15. Echo-07 Force Ghost

star 4
    I didn't vote because I obviously think it's gonna be rated X7 as in X to the seventh power. There's gonna be a ridiculous amount of sex and swearing . . . it's all JJ does.
    Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  16. StoneRiver Force Ghost

star 4
    In the UK the first films (ANH, ESB, ROTJ) and TPM were all rated "U", which is suitable for all, not PG (parental guidance).

Based on previous ratings, and not what the director has done before, I'm sticking with U. (which I presume is the same as G). But it could go into PG, I don't think it'll be any higher.
  17. Count Yubnub Force Ghost

star 4
    Episode 7 isn't made by Disney, it's made by LucasFilm, which is now a Disney subsidiary. If you're wondering how many non-PG movies there are made by Disney subsidiaries, just look at the Miramax and Touchstone productions; they include stuff like Apocalypto, Pulp Ficiton, Kill Bill, and Hellraise 3 through whatever.
  18. Darth Chiznuk PT Trivia Master / Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    We'll probably get a PG-13 on this because of the scene where Luke goes crazy Jedi and does all the... uh, I mean, I don't know since I haven't seen it yet!
  19. Gallandro Chosen One

star 4
    Rated A!!! A for AWESOME!!!

Yancy
    Echo-07 likes this.
  20. ManaByte Chosen One

star 4
    That already exists. And if you thought Leia kissing Luke in Empire was disturbing...
  21. Krueger Force Ghost

star 4
    PG13/12 is the new PG. It’s seen as the most commercially viable tentpole rating nowadays.
  22. KilroyMcFadden Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I think it will be PG-13, but I'm hoping for R.
  23. vinsanity Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    PG-13 to give some room for more gritty stuff.
    Last edited by vinsanity, Jan 29, 2013
  24. ezekiel22x Chosen One

star 4
    I'm hoping for G. It would be funny if Lucas is just trolling some folks and Episode VII turns out to be an animated short about Gungans and Ewoks having a picnic.
  25. Darth Chiznuk PT Trivia Master / Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    That would be funny as hell! :p