main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Poll: What is the Saga's Second Best Twist (after Vader's Revelation that Luke's His Son)?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Darth Nerdling, Dec 30, 2014.

?

What is the Second Best Twist of the Saga?

1. Padme is only pretending to be a handmaiden but is actually the Queen of Naboo

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. The clones are bad guys... No, wait, they're on the good side... No, wait, they're on the bad side

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  3. Palpatine is actually controlling both sides of the war and the Clone Wars are just a sham

8 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Palpatine pretends to play weak & powerless & become deformed as a ploy to turn Anakin into a Sith

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. The Chosen One, the one meant to destroy the Sith, is tricked into becoming Palpatine's apprentice

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  6. Anakin's quest to save Padme from death ultimately ends up causing her to die

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  7. Vader allows the Falcon to escape from the DS1 so that the Empire can track it to Yavin IV

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  8. Lando chooses to betray Han because Vader's troops had already entered Cloud City

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  9. Leia is revealed to be Luke's sister

6 vote(s)
    18.8%
  10. Palpatine leaks the Imperial plans so that the Rebels on Endor & attacking the DS2 walk into a trap!

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. Mindless Monster

Mindless Monster Jedi Master star 4

Dec 4, 2014
    How about the implication that Palpatine and his master created Anakin? That caught me off-guard.

MOC Yak Face likes this.
  2. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    Likewise. I don't particularly favour that twist, but it was certainly ... twisty!

3. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Lol speak for yourself. I knew Luke was Padme and Vaders kid before Vader told him, so that wasnt a twist at all. Luke reaction to the truth is where the entertainment lies for me. As far as best twist in the whole 6 movie saga for me. Its finding out the Republic Clone Troopers are clones of Jango Fett. Heck the whole clone reveal scene was a good twist. Kamino seemed to be off the radar, off the map and without Obi Wans networking their production would have never been found until the Droids attacked forcing the Republic to take arms.

4. xx_Anakin_xx

xx_Anakin_xx Jedi Master star 4

Jan 9, 2008
    My choice isn't on the list. The biggest twist (even bigger than the son reveal) is Vader's redemption and killing the Emperor to save the galaxy and bring balance to the force!

Seagoat likes this.
  5. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    THAT REALLY NO IS PLOT TWIST THOUGH....

PLOT TWIST USUALLY COME FROM NOWHERE! IT NO IS EXPECTED, BUT VADER'S REDEMPTION HAD FORESHADOWING

ANAKIN FALLING - THAT PLOT TWIST EVEN WITH FORESHADOWING BECAUSE FORESHADOWING COULD BE FALSE LEAD! VIEWER NOT KNOW THAT THOUGH

6. xx_Anakin_xx

xx_Anakin_xx Jedi Master star 4

Jan 9, 2008
    I was thinking of them in the order I saw them, just the OT first. The ending of ROTJ was a huge surprise. I hadn't thought about seeing it 1-6, I suppose one might not be as surprised to see Vader return to his original ways at the end.

7. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    The single greatest twist: Guess what? There will be a sequel trilogy!

MOC Yak Face, Seagoat and Team Padme like this.
  8. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    HA, I NEVER THOUGHT THAT TILL NOW

IT REALLY A GOOD LIFE TWIST.... I THOUGHT THERE NEVER BE ST, BUT NOW THERE ST! IT LIKE MYTHS COME ALIVE

9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Considering that there were plans for a ST and even a 4th trilogy in the 70's/80's, its not surprising that we are finally getting the ST imo. Even with Lucas saying PT/OT were it several years. Was I expecting news of it in 2012? Not right then but soon enough.

10. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    Seagoat , I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT.

11. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    I NO YELLING, THIS JUST EMPHASIZE MY NORMAL VOICE

I.... NO CAN EXPLAIN. THIS ONLY TEMPORARY

12. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    Ha! Okay... ?

Seagoat may be the Hulk. Or a robot.

Also, on the Sequels being 'a twist'... I dunno what to make of it in that regard, simply because I do think Lucas rounded off whatever he had thought would be the ST long ago. That alone changes whatever this new thing will be. And though he started the new project, even if the new movies are based (and they'd probably have to be based loosely) on ideas from the 70s-80s, the Lucas of 2012 would make different creative choices than the Lucas of 1979. I was going to mention how he handed it off to other people, too, but the OT was highly collaborative too, so I'm not sure that is such a difference in principle (though of course it matters who you're collaborating with).

It's a kind of twist, but I can't help but feel it's really complicated.

Seagoat likes this.
  13. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I think Order 66 was the most effective twist of the saga. Vader's revelation was more personal and character-centric, but it didn't have the scope and tectonic effect of the clone's betrayal against the Jedi.

darth ladnar and Lulu_Mars like this.
  14. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Vader allowing the Falcon to escape DS1 for me. Without that the great trench run would never have happened.

15. L110

L110 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 26, 2014
    Since these films are purposefully conceived as one single whole that is supppoed to be watched in chronological order, I do not consider clones fighting alongside the Jedi, Vader being Luke´s father and Leia being Luke´s sister to be twists at all.

Seagoat likes this.