main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Poll] What was your favorite duel?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Master_Vron, Jul 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Vron

Master_Vron Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2005
    In star wars revenge of the sith, what was your favouite duel, the best duel, and the one you thought that could be improved?

My favourite duel was mace windu (+Agen Kolar, Kit Fisto, Saesee Tiin), and easily the best duel was the one between Anakin and Obi Wan, for sheer skill and moods reflected in both fighting styles (notice anakin is desperate to slaughter obi wan, but Obi wan is holding back, reluctant to attack) and the duel that could be improved in my opinion is Greivous vs Obi wan, sure it was flashy, butone more miniut would have made a great deal of difference if you know what i mean.

- Master_Vron

2. LovedAnakin

LovedAnakin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    My favorite was hands down Anakin vs Obiwan. It was very intense and emotional. It was also the best duel I think.

I agree obi vs GG could have been a bit better. I wasn't impressed.

3. robbie_wan_kenobi

robbie_wan_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2003
    my favourite duel was the big lorry chasing dennis weaver...

4. fettmaster39

fettmaster39 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 9, 2005
    the duel between Luke and Vader in Rotj carries the most
    emotion, since its the climax of the saga. its also my favorite.

am i first?

damn it!

anyways, my favorite duel in ROTS was anakin vs. dooku
    because it mirred that same fight.

palps watchin, space battle outside, apprentice
    vs. would-be apprentice.

5. DARTHMORDOR

DARTHMORDOR Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    in ROTS? obi vs anakin, no question. the level of emotion on both sides. the consequences. every aspect of that duel. it is THE moment that the whole saga is based upon.

6. Bail_Organa_

Bail_Organa_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 6, 2005
    Couldn't have said it better myself! =D=

7. darth_berryboy

darth_berryboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2005
    Favorite duel had to be Anakin and Obi-Wan for all the reasons listed above and more. I also think it was the best duel because all the very quick movements. The one that could have been improved would be either obi and gg or yoda and sids. Obi and gg could have been a little longer, but overall I still loved it. Yoda and sids prolly needed the most improvement. They could have started with having it and then having Obi and Anakin. I got frustrated with them flipping back and forth. However, please do not think I didn't like that duel it was a hope of mine to finally see Sids fight with Yoda. I just think it needed to be even more epic with the two duelist. Yoda is awesome and it is just awesome to see Sids saber fight.

8. Obiyodawinduvader

Obiyodawinduvader Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2005
    1) Obi vs Anakin
    2) Anakin and Obi vs Dooku, ROTS
    3) Vader vs Luke, ROTJ
    4) Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan vs. Maul
    5) Mace and co. vs Palps
    6)Obi vs Vader, ANH
    7) Luke vs Vader, ESB
    8) Obi vs Grievous
    9) Ani and Obi vs Dooku, AOTC
    10) Obi and Ani vs Grievous (not really a duel, but...)

9. Antrojedi

Antrojedi Jedi Master star 1

Nov 19, 2002
    Definitely Anakin vs Obi-Wan is the best duel but I would have preferred it if GL hadn't keep intercutting it with the Yoda/Sidious dual. They were 2 different kind of duels and should have been kept separate.

10. ThermalDeton

ThermalDeton Jedi Master star 2

Feb 3, 2005
    i liked it when the man faugth the big jet ship.

11. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. General Grievous

12. Buzzz

Buzzz Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2005
    Obi Wan vs Vader from RORS

13. BothofUs

BothofUs Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 5, 2003
    After multiple viewings, "sinking in", and discussion, I have come up with my list:

1. Yoda vs. Sidious
    2. Anakin vs. Obi-Wan
    3. Anakin and Obi-Wan vs. Dooku
    4. Mace vs. Sidious
    5. Obi-Wan vs. Grievous

I love Duel of the Fates played behind Yoda vs. Sidious. It makes it something special

14. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    My favourite duel is Anakin vs Obi-Wan.
    I love the music playing in the background, it is probably my fav SW music ever.

15. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    Obi-Wan verse Maul ... BEST DUEL EVER!

16. Wester547

Wester547 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 5, 2004
    Where's the poll?

Yoda vs Sidious. Hands down. That is The Duel. Old Geezer vs Old Geezer. Dark vs Light. Great introduction, pod-throwing and Palpatine's cackling was a riot, but I was very disapointed with the ending. Yoda gave up to easily. Although I was hoping for Palpatine to wipe the floor with Yoda like he did in the novelisation, oh well. I suppose it would be fair to the duel unevenly matched.

I really think the Anakin vs Obi-Wan duel could have been improved. Don't get me wrong, I love the build-up leading to it. THE best exchange in the whole saga. And that's saying alot. But when they actually begin duelling, the music placement is random, their fighting very fast and frentic, in a cartoonic sense, and it all seems to be more like dance moves than actual lightsaber dueling. More like "who can show off" the most. Although the scene where Anakin is choking Obi-Wan until they start tripping each-other and force pulling their lightsabers is awesome, and the end exchange from "I have failed you Anakin, I have failed you." to "You were my BROTHER Anakin! I loved you..." is priceless.

I'd say the same for the Obi-Wan and Grievous duel, Obi-Wan randomly force pushing him out of the blue, etc.

Dooku VS Obi-Wan VS Anakin was DEFINITELY a MAJOR improvement over the AOTC duel. I was really prepared to be let down, but wow was I impressed. Him taunting Anakin, the better intensity of the duel, how much stronger Anakin is... IT SHOWS. The end is especially astonishing. There are a few cringe worthy or just bad moments though, such as Dooku's flip in the beginning, Palpatine's cringing, Dooku's "donkey" flip. But those are minor nitpicks in the grand scale of the whole duel.

Mace Windu, Kit Fisto, Saesee Tinn, and Eath Koth VS Palpatine.... what a joke. Very sloppy. The beginning of the duel is very horribly choreographed, Palpatine doesn't even look like he's cutting through the other three Jedi Masters. I don't buy if Palpatine is faking it or not, or how Mace Windu suddenly corners him and basically 0wns him until Anakin steps in. Talk about Palpatine begging for mercy below Mace's blade, even though he was faking it. It was even then bad acting, though.

Otherwise, good stuff. Major improvement over AOTC, but in some ways worse than TPM's duels IMHO, but in other ways better. Although it wasn' enough of a substantial transcension, IMO.

Just my two cents.

17. TheCRZA

TheCRZA Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2005
    The Tick versus Pre-History

18. CaptainBinaca

CaptainBinaca Jedi Master star 3

Jul 15, 2005
    Anakin vs. Dooku II, if only for that priceless look on Dooku's face when he realizes the full scope of how badly Sidious played him. All of his money, resources, time and energy just to be Anakin-bait.... And the double de-handing is absolutely the best saber move in the series.

19. dntbotherangel

dntbotherangel Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2005
    Hands down, Obi vs Ani was the best duel. Yoda vs Palpy was an okay duel I guess. It was quite obvious that yoda wanted to finish it quick and fight palpy in a lightsaber duel but the Dark Lord didn't seem to accept much. He just kept tossing those booths at yoda.

In my opinion I think that the duel that needs the most improvment is the one between Obi and GG. it was too short in length and ended quite...not right(can't find the right adjective for it). Obi and Ani vs Dooku was pretty boring to me. Didn't impress me much. I remember nearly falling asleep through that duel the fifth time I saw the movie. But seeing it six times in total...Obi vs Ani never ceases to amaze me or fill me up with so much intense emotions.

20. MASTER-OF-EVIL

MASTER-OF-EVIL Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    For me in order in ep3 will be...

1.Obi-Wan Vs Anakin/Darth Vader
    2.Yoda Vs Palpatine/Sidious
    3.Mace & Posse Vs Darth Sidious
    4.Obi Wan and Anakin Vs Count Dooku/Darth Tyrannus
    5.Obi Wan Vs General Grievious(Too short for my liking but cool nevertheless)

21. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    1. Anakin vs. Obi Wan
    2. Mace Windu vs. Palpatine
    3. Anakin and Obi Wan vs. Count Dooku
    4. Yoda vs. Palpatine
    5. Obi Wan vs. General Grievous

- O_F

22. dude4c

dude4c Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2003
    for me Yoda vs Emperor was just awsome. the two best going at it. it could have been a little longer though. other than that it was culmination of the whole PT. Ani vs Obi is a close second, and mace vs palps third. i wanted the mace dule to be better. it seemed that there were different camera angles to what was shown in the trailers. i don't know why GL has the cameras so close during some dules. for instance the dule between qui-gon and maul on tattoine (sp), at times you just see mauls arm in the picture. i don't want to see one combatant fighting an off screen combatant, he needs to pull back so we can see both fighters striking.

23. Darth_Shikabala

Darth_Shikabala Jedi Youngling

Jul 10, 2005
    For me the best Duel is the Yoda VS Sidious.This is a dream that came true for the fans.Of course it could be better but we can't have everything after all...I didnt like the Obi VS GG battle just because GG lost his sabers quickly and the to a low budget beat em up movie.

The ROTS duel ranking for me is:

1:Yoda-Sidious
    2:eek:bi-Ani
    3:Ani,Obi-Dooku
    4:Mace-Sidious
    5:its not a exactly a lightsaber fight but i loved the Obi,Yoda-clones fight...
    6:eek:bi-GG

24. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    I'm torn between the two main events, Obi-Wan v Anakin and Yoda v Sidious, they are both fantastic but I might just give the edge to The Duel, its longer and carries a bit more of an emotional punch to it. The Emperor v his little green friend could be the best example of a Wizard duel I can remember seeing though.

Best of the rest:

3) Obi-Wan v Grievous
    4) Obi-Wan & Anakin v Dooku
    5) The Party Posse v Palpatine

25. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Obi-Wan vs. Anakin

The emotion is there, the deadly environment is there, the music is there, and the deadliness of each character is there. It's awesome!

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.