main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social POLL: When do you want Episode VII to take place?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by fishtailsam, Nov 1, 2012.

?

do you want EVII...

1. soon after ROTJ with new young actors portraying Luke, Leia, Han etc.

3.9%
  2. well after ROTJ with the original cast passing the torch.

96.1%
  1. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    talk amongst yourselves. Im curious about the breakdown.

2. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
  3. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    preferably, a long time ago. as for where? a galaxy far far away.

4. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    30+ years post-Battle of Endor, with the principles passing ye torch. Solo's involvement is unnecessary IMO but I would like to see Luke and Leia at the very least.

Team Padme likes this.
  5. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    As long as we actually get to see and hear Luke as the Jedi Master, even for a few minutes, that is all.:)

6. chicago103

chicago103 Jedi Padawan

Nov 1, 2012
    32 years after Return of the Jedi would be ideal because it would exactly the same as the real time passing between ROTJ and VII. Have the original cast be in it but have their roles be age appropriate. They don't even have to be the main characters, they could just be the supporting characters in the mentor roles as a way to pass the torch on to new blood characters both in story and to the general viewing audience. If done well you could actually even kill off at least one or more of the old characters in some kind of heroic death and have episodes XVIII and IX be more about the new characters. The audience and it seems a majority of the fans are expecting at least some of the original cast to be in this and thus you can't just have all new characters thrown in cold turkey, you need a transition.

7. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    30 years after ROTJ, Luke the only human character from the OT to appear.

Garth Maul and EviL_eLF like this.
  8. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    4000 BBY

9. fishtailsam

Jul 30, 2003
    wow, didnt exspect 100%... hope we wont all be disapointed!!!

10. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I only vote in anonymous polls, sorry.

11. Qui_Za_Miokl

Qui_Za_Miokl Jedi Master

Nov 14, 2008
    I will be extremely disappointed if at least Luke played by Mark Hamill is not in the new movie.

TreborSabreon and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  12. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Taking place way after ROTJ brings up the chance that the post-ROTJ EU will not be contradicted. Besides, i don't want Disney to flip the bird to us old/new fans of post-ROTJ EU by having Episode 7 contradict it, they can find a happy medium, pleasing the EU fans, as well as the fans who have never read a post-ROTJ EU book (yes more work has to go into it, but an original story can me made, set sometime post-ROTJ without contradicting EU material, maybe even have references to the EU, or things that only EU fans would get).

13. Darth_Darkmoon

Darth_Darkmoon Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    30-40 years after ROTJ with the original cast in some capacity. I could imagine Han as an aged General, sending the new heroes on their mission, Leia as a senator doing...political stuff and having some conversations with Luke and Luke in a bigger role as the mentor of the new Jedi generation.
    R2 and C3PO could reprise their roles the way they have always been in the movies. Chewie could be there to fly the new heroes to their destination with the Falcon.

14. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Well after RotJ with only Luke present from the original cast to pass the torch.

UseTheForceLady and fishtailsam like this.
  15. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    I'm with the 30 or so years after ROTJ camp. Hamill is a must for me. There has to be some tie in with the old trilogy. I'm actually not bothered about the other main characters showing up. Just Hammil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    The second option, though I'm hoping it's even further into the future than just a single generation.

17. davvi36

davvi36 Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    it would be horrible if new actors were to portray young han, leia, and luke.

Of course, if young han, leia and luke only have short cameos, mark hamill, harrison ford and carrie fisher could also be animated. i hear ILM has been experimenting with that kind of stuff for a while now..

18. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Ideally, the NJO era. It's be great to see the old cast make a comeback, at least in the first movie of the trilogy.

19. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Well after RotJ with a new actors portraying Han, Luke, and Leia.

20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    This thread is fail. They already told us... It happens in 2015.

Norminator and fishtailsam like this.
  21. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    Waaay after RoTJ, preferably after the latest novel in the timeline, so they don't screw up the EU, thanks.

22. fishtailsam

Jul 30, 2003
    I'm honesty ok with a new cast. But my preference would be a pass the torch.

23. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    The second option. The most logical choice. The first option would be too jarring. People would be pulled out of the film; because whist they're meant to be watching it they'll be too busy asking if those are supposed to be the same characters from the OT. The first option would truly be a horrible thing. They may as well remake the OT. I would honestly accept that more over recasting the roles for the sequels.

24. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Thousands of years in the future.

25. TheVortex3

TheVortex3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2012
    I want it to take place about 40 years after ROTJ.

Bashar likes this.