main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Poll: Which NEW Star Wars actor are you most excited about?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Summers1913, Jul 1, 2014.

?

What newcomer are you most excited to see in episode VII?

1. John Boyega

17.5%
  2. Daisy Ridley

25.8%
  3. Adam Driver

10.3%
  4. Oscar Isaac

7.2%
  5. Andy Serkis

1.0%
  6. Domhnall Gleeson

12.4%
  7. Max von Sydow

12.4%
  8. Lupita Nyong'o

6.2%
  9. Gwendoline Christie

7.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Summers1913

Summers1913 Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2014
    Lot's of debate about who is who, who is the main, who is the baddie. I am curious to see though who you are most excited to see in episode VII.

I don't care if you vote based on the actors themselves or who you think they will be playing. Just your opinion on who you can't wait to see on the big screen. Please feel free to explain your choice as well.

I did not include the OT cast because there aren't enough options and it probably wouldn't be much of a poll with them in it.

MOD APPROVED

EHT likes this.
  2. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I'll bite.

I say Adam Driver, cos I have enjoyed his work, and I think he'd be great as a villain.

Since I have NO idea who he will play (no one really does), I will venture out and say that I still think he could be Han and Leia's son. He has a little of a Han look (especially the eyes and forehead area), and even more, kind of that not-quite-so-smoothly attractive rough-edged, Skywalker kind of look about him...

(Darth Caedus, anyone?) ;)

ForgottennJedi1986 likes this.
  3. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Ok this is difficult. I'm intrigued by Domhnall Gleeson because he looks very Star Wars and who he will be playing is a mystery that could go in may ways.

I'm interested in seeing how Daisy Ridley's character will create a new type of female character and watch her grow. However, we can probably figure out who she will be.

Also interested in seeing who Christie and Nyongo will be.

ForgottennJedi1986 likes this.
  4. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Daisy.

Followed by John, Lupita, and next maybe Domhnall.

5. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Max Von Sydow. Ming the Merciless. The Exorcist. Antonius Block...

Disillusioned knight Antonius Block (Max von Sydow) and his nihilistic squire Jöns (Gunnar Björnstrand) return after fighting in the Crusades and find Sweden being ravaged by the plague.

and

Block, in the middle of a chess game he has been playing alone, challenges Death to a chessmatch, believing that he can forestall his demise as long as the game continues.

Sounds good to me.

plaidphoenix likes this.
  6. Summers1913

May 12, 2014
    I really like Driver as well. I am hoping to see him as a dark side force user of some kind. And I am REALLY hoping he can last past the first movie unlike Maul. But I am going to have to vote Boyega. I like what I have seen of him and really hope he is one of our main characters for the entire ST.

7. ForgottennJedi1986

ForgottennJedi1986 Jedi Padawan star 1

May 12, 2014
    Domhnall, Daisy, Driver all come close, the three D's!

8. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    It was a hard call. I already have a crush on Ridley, but I voted Driver since he is going to be the villain and will inevitably steal the show.

Summers1913 likes this.
  9. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    For me it's a tossup between Gleeson and Ridley, followed very closely by Boyega.

10. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah, this one's tough. I'm excited for Adam Driver since I liked his work in Girls (playing the hard-headed, self-destructive boyfriend). But I'm also intrigued by Daisy Ridley since she's the one who has the least amount of work under her belt but has been receiving the most exposure / public scrutiny for her casting. She's also really pretty.

11. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Oscar Isaac, no matter who he'll play. He's a great actor, and he can sing. Let's make this a musical...

Trebor Sabreon, Yanksfan and Dewback like this.
  12. Summers1913

May 12, 2014
    Haha that's actual the only thing I could think of in the "what would make you so mad you would walk out" thread. A musical Star Wars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Gwendoline Christie! It was a dream come true for her to be cast. She's so distinctive and atypical from the normal Hollywood starlet type and I can't wait to see who she is playing. And of course, she's also a great actress and a great fighter. But she herself is also hilarious in interviews and I'm stoked to have her be part of the Star Wars family. She'll be great during all the promotions leading up to VII.

I am genuinely excited about the entire cast though. I'm impressed by the little I've seen of Lupita, John, Oscar, Adam and Domhnall. Daisy I can't wait to see more of. And Andy Serkis and Max von Sydow I've loved for years.

In short, A+ work, casting directors!! If the movie is terrible, I don't think it will be because of the actors.

14. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Which ever one is Luke's kid(s), followed by which ever one is Han and Leia's kid(s). ;)

For the time being I've decided this means Gleeson followed by Daisy. Though John being so active on twitter up till him deleting it was really hyping me up too. Gwendoline is my fourth place with Serkis being my fifth.

Max has a great voice but I've heard it a lot before, so he loses some points. Lupita, I've never seen before minus a trailer where she was good so im excited but not terribly so since trailers can be decieving. Adam, never seen him before except one radom episode of girls but the plot seemed weird (guess I turned it on at the wrong moment) so indifferent to. Oscar, seems a good choice but again not as excited about him as others.

15. Summers1913

May 12, 2014
    He is still on the tweeter.

16. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    All of them really. Hard to choose just one.

17. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014
    Isaac and Ridley no doubt. I'm confused as to why the Isaac topic doesn't have as many pages as the other actors do.

18. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i chose andy because most things he does are brilliant.

19. Summers1913

May 12, 2014
    I really think it's partially due to what the other actors have given us via social media.

20. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I voted for Daisy. I look forward to seeing the daughter of my favorite Cinematic couple, Han Solo and Princess Leia, and how much see will be like her parents. I am also looking forward to seeing our first Female Lead Jedi Character; and the inevitable first Female lightsaber duel. :D

Revanfan1, Summers1913 and Claire1976 like this.
  21. cbsnswf2390

cbsnswf2390 Jedi Knight

Jul 1, 2014
    I am most excited about John Boyega (w/Ridley & N'yongo close second and third respectively) because he seems like he will be a totally new main character. He doesn't seem like a descendent of anyone which in all honestly is getting pretty old. It's time for the focus on new characters in the ST and branch out in the Star Wars universe. I thought ROTJ was a great ending to the Skywalker storyline.

22. Echo Base

Echo Base Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2013
    Definitely Von Sydow by a country mile.

Whatever roles he is playing, he will give much-needed gravitas, as Alec Guinness did in the original film and Liam Neeson did in the Phantom Menace.

Summers1913 likes this.
  23. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    Adam driver and Gwendoline Christie

24. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    Gwendoline, without a doubt. Her no-nonsense attitude on GOT's makes her perfect for a Jedi or a baddie. I can't wait to see what she plays!

Adi_Gallia_9 likes this.
  25. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    I'm excited about pretty much everyone so far announced (what inspired casting!) but I would have to pick Daisy primarily because what little I've seen her in has really impressed me. I think she's a massive talent in the making.

Also can't wait to see what John, Domhnall, Gwendoline and Andy get up to in this movie.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.