main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit POLL: which upcoming EU works are you MOST looking forward to?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ghost, Jan 6, 2013.

?

Which upcoming EU works are you MOST looking forward to?

1. Crucible (novel) by Troy Denning

22.2%
  2. The Last Jedi (novel) by Michael Reaves & Maya Kaathryn Bohnhoff

11.1%
  3. Dawn of the Jedi: Into the Void (novel) by Tim Lebbon

20.2%
  4. Kenobi (novel) by John Jackson Miller

58.6%
  5. Agent of the Empire (comic books, continuing) by John Ostrander

19.2%
  6. Dawn of the Jedi (comic books, continuing) by John Ostrander & Jan Duursema

18.2%
  7. Legacy, volume 2 (comic books, starting) by Corinna Bechko & Gabriel Hardman

37.4%
  8. Star Wars (comic books, starting) by Brian Wood

14.1%
  9. Rebels (novels/trilogy) by Martha Wells, Kevin Hearne, James Correy

11.1%
  10. OTHER (please state what!)

15.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I read it somewhere. Can't remember.

2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Eh. Not really.

3. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Hey, it might give us some indication of where the galaxy is going into the ST. I'm not a Denning guy, I stick close with Allston, Stackpole, Zahn, and Luceno. But if for something like it... it might work. Just no squibs helping them out again

4. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    Out of all the books I'm least interested in it's probably Crucible.

GrandMasterKatarn likes this.
  5. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I am sick of Denning. Give us a break from him! We shall see.

6. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    You will still buy it. (I am tired of Barabel power grabs)

7. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    [face_rofl]. Not a chance. I'll read and it get it as a paperback for sake of completion but not excited for it at all.

8. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    I'll probably just get a copy at the library, not wasting my money on it unless the reviews are good.

SiouxFan likes this.
  9. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Is it going to be hardback? In that case... 1 Year late I will get it

10. JevanShevu

JevanShevu Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 20, 2009
    Have they announced what network it will play on?

11. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I was just researching. Still no answer accord to the Wook. That being said, I would love to see it on Fox's Animation Domination. But I don't know if Disney will want that. I can't see it airing on ABC though.

12. JevanShevu

JevanShevu Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 20, 2009
    Does ABC currently have any animated shows? I think it would be a very good idea to have it be on ABC. That would show that the makes have real faith in the show.

13. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    The makers are Seth Green and Seth MacFarlane voices Palpy in it. I don't know how it will all work out. It look great. No matter who gets it I am watching it. I just hope they don't put it on Disney Channel or ABC family. Either ABC or let Fox have it. None of this cable stuff...

14. Ordo Skirata

Ordo Skirata Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    I voted Kenobi, but the one I'm most looking forward to is the (still unconfirmed) continuation of the Republic/Imperial Commando series (hopefully being written by Stover).

15. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Legacy returning is the top for me.

16. TychoCorde

TychoCorde Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 3, 2012
    Legacy is at the top for me, followed by Crucible.

17. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    KENOBI by John Jackson Miller. One of my all-time favorite Jedi in a relatively unexplored part of his life. And I know JJM can deliver!

The next installment of Legacy because I know that after how awesome the initial Legacy run was, I have high hopes for this one--especially if Ania Solo turns out to be the descendant of my favorite EU character Jacen Solo (and Allana).

I'm also very excited to see the new light on the OT era that Brian Woods' series sheds. In a similar vein, I'm pretty hopeful about the Rebels series as well, but I'm just more pumped about the comic series.

As for some of the other series, while I consider John and Jan's work on Clone Wars and Legacy among the absolute best stories in SW comics (and in the EU writ large), I confess I've been disappointed with Dawn of the Jedi and Agent of the Empire so far. They're both good of course, but not as good as those authors have been in the past, which makes the anticipation for the future issues of those somewhat less.

I'm not very excited for Crucible or Sword of the Jedi because I'm not very keen on their authors. I found the Coruscant Nights trilogy to be absolutely rubbish, so I'm counting on The Last Jedi to be just as awful. And from what I've seen of the previews for Detours, it looks like a really juvenile, lame and stereotypical approach to parody and will probably suck.

18. Jerran Tankarri

Jerran Tankarri Jedi Padawan

Jan 9, 2013
    The Kenobi novel looks great, but more John Ostrander never hurt anyone!

19. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
  20. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Bump.

For the books/comics released so far, have they lived up to your expectations?

21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Eh, it's still too early. Half my anticipated works aren't out yet, or in the case of Legacy, have barely begun. Though, I wasn't really interested in Star Wood, but it's turning out to be a pretty enjoyable series.

But, since it has finished, I can say that AOTE did live up to my expectations. Hard Targets was a great arc filled with lots of goodies.

22. GrandMasterKatarn

GrandMasterKatarn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 8, 2008
    Agent of the Empire lived up the my expectations. Even though I wasn't interested in The Last Jedi, it turned out to be pretty good. But the rest of my list hasn't come out yet.

23. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Kenobi!

24. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    SOTJ still and the rest of LEGACY!

25. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    nothing too be excited about. Detours cancelled, the Eu after ROTJ is likely to end so Crucible and Sword of the Jedi makes no sense, no knews on the Kemp duology probably cancelled, could care less about Dark Times, AOTE, and Legacy 2. Kenobi novel is retarded. Miller's Knight Errant novel was borring as hell. I'm going to wait for the reboot.