main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST POLL: Who Are Rey's Parents?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by jedijax, May 22, 2015.

?

Who Are Rey's Parents?

1. Han and Leia

50.0%
  2. Luke

35.3%
  3. Neither

14.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    ChildOfWinds: I'm not saying Luke will have a larger role in the next film, but I'd say there's a fair possibility, especially if TFA ends with him in a cliffhanger. And isn't waiting a few more years for a fair possibility better than waiting those 30 years where there was pretty much just EU Luke? I mean, the ST was something that was never even going to happen before. Now it is.

I understand fans want what they want, but a lot can happen in 30 years. Look how much Luke changed from ANH to RotJ.

2. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    Starting to look like Luke. The mother's death will likely be explored in Episode VIII

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  3. DARTH MUPPET

DARTH MUPPET Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 16, 2001
    Based on what exactly? Pretty much everything that's come out suggests she's Han and Leia's daughter. I'm not saying she can't be Luke's daughter, but there is almost nothing to suggest that she will.

4. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    Why is Luke only answer? Why not Luke and Unknown Alien Booty? Or Luke and The Force?

Anyway I choose Luke, definitely.

5. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    As I have said on Gleeson´s thread, it would be fantastic IMO if in VIII we see Rey with Luke on that planet and a couple of scenes with a little boy (like Anakin in TPM) who is Luke´s kid. We can forget about him until X, when he gets trained by Rey.

Remember there were rumors of a young, famous actor, being cast in TFA. We never read that again, but maybe it was moved to VIII.

6. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I totally understand the first two options on the poll and certainly understand some votes for "other" but never would have expected 15.4%.Wow-very diverse (but still leaning Han and Leia.)

Dra---, iluvkoalas and DARTH_MUPPET like this.
  7. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Uggh. This has definitely turned into one of "those" threads.

8. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Regardless whose child she is, it won't make her more special at least to me simply due to that. It'll be the story and presentation that wins or loses me. Many want to play the 'better than' game so be it but not me.

Jcuk, cbsnswf2390, Flapjack4 and 2 others like this.
  9. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    I'm asking myself what Daisy thinks if she reads this thread and is seeing the results.

10. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    No idea what you mean.

[​IMG]

11. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Can humans reproduce with an alien species? Maybe it would be kind of like a mule, where you have two species close enough to reproduce, but not close enough for the offspring to be fertile.

I always thought it would be an awkward situation being intimate with an alien, because you never would know what you might find out the first time you were "together." Like what if in that race, the women have the penis? REALLY awkward.

12. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    Ask Geena Davis.

13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    This thread. Just...this thread.

14. Millennium Fairlane

Millennium Fairlane Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2014
    who is to say any of the people in the GFFA match human anatomy?

15. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    When it comes to 18 year old Rey, ....Luke, you are NOT the father.

[​IMG]

(I wonder how many people understand this reference) :p

16. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014

Maybe we can add this pic in case she is unrelated and also not Han's kid. I would die laughing. :p

Solo-Skywalker likes this.
  17. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    And who is to say their mating behavior isn't entirely different? Maybe being with your sister is normal in the GFAA, that would certainly explain a lot about the OT, and could really turn the idea of Rey's parents on its head...

18. SkywalkerOG

SkywalkerOG Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 19, 2014
    People woul think it would be a more powerful ending if Luke was Rey's father but as we all know we have no dialogue if she is Hans daughter maybe sometime before Han dies he tells her about her uncle luke and how selfless and powerful he was telling her he say so much of her uncle in her and even he wants her to learn the ways of the force from him. You would have Rey without a father at the end with Luke skywalker a man who grew up without a father about to make her a hero. Oh ya and Luke and Han were actually best friends unlike anakin and obi so it would be nice.

19. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    A moment like that would be great. So would a moment with Leia and Rey as well. I'm expecting that there are scenes between Han and Rey that have a lot of meaning no matter who Rey's father is. If Rey is Luke's daughter, they'd still have to have moments between Han and Rey considering the fact that Han doesn't get a chance to be shown with Luke before his death. So those complaining that there aren't enough or any emotional or deep scenes between Han and Rey have to assume that we haven't been divulged in any yet, regardless of who is Rey's father. That's probably because whatever scenes they have would 100% confirm it either way.

SkywalkerOG likes this.
  20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Star Wars is not a Harold Lloyd franchise.

Episode VII is not going to end with the payoff of finally reaching Luke at the top of the stairs only to have Episode 8 begin with him tripping and toppling down the stairwell and ending up in the hospital. They are building to something grand or they would not be building toward it at all.

21. SkywalkerOG

SkywalkerOG Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 19, 2014
    Preach!

Wildcatbarry and Dra--- like this.
  22. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Exactly. I don't know why people insist on analyzing 7's supposed narrative as though it weren't part of a trilogy. And a trilogy that they have largely planned out ahead, unlike the previous two.

23. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    So should we add Snoke to the list?

24. LUH-3417

LUH-3417 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2001
    joanie and chachi

burg2774 likes this.
  25. Michael Leskela

Michael Leskela Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2015
    Lets hope this isnt the case.I prefer Rey to be a skywalker or unrelated..Didnt we already see Harrison Ford play Father knows best in Indy 4? To a juvenile with a switchblade.I do like the character of Han Solo but the thought of him being a father to a couple of twins wont cut it for me.I want to see Han solo kick ass in this movie,not Mike Brady meets Star Wars

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.