main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST [Poll] Who is going to say "I've got a bad feeling about this"?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by STARBOB, May 30, 2014.

?

who is going to say "I have a bad feeling about this" in episode 7

1. Daisy Ridley

25.7%
  2. John Boyega

30.6%
  3. Max Von Sydow

2.1%
  4. Adam Driver

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Oscar Isaac

6.3%
  6. Andy Serkis

1.4%
  7. Domhnall Gleeson

2.1%
  8. 1 of the big 3

27.1%
  9. C3PO

4.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Puzzles me why the 'Nobody, because it's a tired, hackneyed line of dialogue' wasn't an option? That's what I would've opted for :)

D'an likes this.
  2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    The entire cast, in unison, before bowing to the camera.

3. Jemik_Prenn

Jemik_Prenn Jedi Padawan star 1

May 24, 2014
    I think one of the newbies will say it and one of the oldies will make a remark acknowledging it. Han saying "You and me both, Kid!" or something.

Revanfan1 and EviL_eLF like this.
  4. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    I say Han! He's said it before. its in his dialect.

5. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    No way on 3PO, he's said it multiple times already... gotta be Daisy.

6. SgtTimBob

SgtTimBob Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 5, 2014
    One of the new characters hopefully. Preferably Daisy.

7. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014

Obi-wan x2
    Anakin x1
    Luke x1
    Han x2
    Leia x1
    C3PO x1

8. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    My feelings say Boyega.

I really don't get those who don't want anybody to say it. This is a Star Wars movie, right?

StoneRiver and EviL_eLF like this.
  9. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Completely agree! That's one of the fun things about Star Wars... it's a light hearted adventure most of the time with campy dialogue and running themes.

The bad feeling is a running theme within the campy dialogue that also implies the force giving little insights to everyone... even droids once in a great while! ;)

Mystery Roach likes this.
  10. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Oh come on. Let's have some new 'campy' lines, please. Those lines were great for the films they were in. I just don't see why they have to be repeated? In particular "this is where the fun begins". That is a prime example of what I'm talking about. That was Solo's line.

Jabbadabbado likes this.
  11. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    If nobody says it I'm gonna burn my theater down to the ground with everybody inside.

EviL_eLF likes this.
  12. Lord D'arg

Lord D'arg Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    JB should say it when Oscar asks him to help rescue the Junk Princess of Tatooine...

13. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    That was repeated by Anakin in ROTS already. But since the Bad Feeling line is in every movie so far, it would feel very odd to me for it not to keep recurring. In my mind that's akin to leaving out lightsabers or the opening crawl. It's just part of the package.

StoneRiver, Revanfan1 and EviL_eLF like this.
  14. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    I would also pay top dollar to see a Star Wars movie without lightsabers. The GFFA is a big universe. There's room for a great movie sometime down the road that features not one single Jedi. It's not going to be Episode VII obviously. But someday.

15. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    I think that with the standalone films anything is possible. But within the context of the main saga, there are certain formulaic considerations that I feel it's important to adhere to.

StoneRiver likes this.
  16. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    I vote for R2 or Chewie, but then again, maybe that has already happened and we don't know it?

17. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Boyega and Ridley say it at the same time, so Ridley gets jinxed and becomes a silent samurai for the rest of the movie.:p

Revanfan1 and Mystery Roach like this.
  18. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Fixed.

starocean90 likes this.
  19. SkywalkerOG

SkywalkerOG Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 19, 2014
    My gut says solo and boyega but I want it to be MVS

20. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    It was said at least once in every single Star Wars movie. It's a tradition.

Revanfan1, EviL_eLF and Mystery Roach like this.
  21. GoJohnnyGo

GoJohnnyGo Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 19, 2012
    Who's gonna say - "me atousa Jar Jar"

22. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    No harm in it and seeing as how its been in every episode up to this point I expect it to be in this movie.

23. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

"I have a bad fe–"
    *random thug attacks*
    *Ridley beats him up*
    "–feeling about this. And it's rude to interrupt."

Ridley Solo likes this.
  24. CaptainYossarian

CaptainYossarian Jedi Master star 3

Mar 30, 2003
    What I've been thinking is that this line, along with things like 1138 were more GL's things - even if he did not personally put them into every film. So since this ep is a new era it may depend on whether Kasdan and Abrams really want that classic line there or if they remember to do it at all. I think they will definitely consider having it though, since it will undoubtedly be possible to include it somewhere.

I think that if Daisy and John go around together a lot of the time, and Daisy has more skills at the start - so she's 'in charge' - then it may be John's character that says it since he could be more prone to say things like that, and maybe have less than total faith in Daisy's character.

Alternatively it could be Daisy's character because they want a woman to say it for a change - and she may be in the best position to say it depending on what actually happens. Also, she could have more of a 'Han Solo' type personality which would lend itself to saying such a line - as Han did in ANH. Although plenty of other different characters said it as well so I don't think it depends too much on what type of character they are. Although when it is someone like Han it comes across in a jokier way - laughing in that face of danger. When a 'straighter' character like Obi-Wan or C-3PO says it then it seems more like they're stating a fact, and that they are actually worried.

They may choose to have a classic character say the line to create a link to the OT that people will remember. If that is so then Han, Leia or C-3PO might be more likely than Luke. Alternatively a new character like Daisy's could say it to Han or someone else and then they would react to it, which could also link the two eras.

25. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    This is still Episode VII. I don't think they're making it such a new era that they would just ignore the fundamentals, and if Kasdan and Abrams didn't remember that line then they need to turn in their SW credentials right away and let someone else take over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.