main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One Poll: Who is your favorite character of Rogue One?

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Ricardo Funes, Jan 24, 2017.

?

Who is your favorite character of Rogue One?

1. Jyn Erso

16.7%
  2. Cassian Andor

13.8%
  3. Orson Krennic

9.2%
  4. Chirrut Îmwe

18.0%
  5. Baze Malbus

1.1%
  6. K-2SO

19.8%
  7. Bodhi Rook

3.5%
  8. Saw Gerrera

2.9%
  9. Admiral Raddus

3.7%
  10. Darth Vader

11.2%
  1. wizards8507

wizards8507 Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2016
    Raddus for me, though I would have voted Tarkin if he was there. I didn't really connect with any of the core rebel team and felt Krennic was much more interesting in Catalyst than he was on screen. I also think Cassian would have been much more interesting if they had included the detail from the novelization that he was a separatist.

2. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    [​IMG]

:p

KSkywalker and vncredleader like this.
  3. OliffWanKenobi

OliffWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2016
    As others have said I'm discounting Vader not only because he's pre-existing but he's such a huge character in SW lore it's unfair on everyone else really.

1. K-2SO
    2. Chirrut Imwe
    3. Saw Gerrera
    4. Grand Moff Tarkin
    5. Admiral Raddus

Krennic was a bit disappointing in the movie, but having just finished reading Catalyst, he's much more interesting there which adds to Ben Mendelsohn's performance.

4. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Cassian easily. I love that he is someone who does whatever it takes and believes in his cause as much as possible. I really like seeing character do terrible things because there is no way out or the alternative is even worse. Cassian does not take the easy out cause there are none. He owns his job and place in the Alliance. His line "I don't have to" is my favorite. I want a Cassian and General Draven novel more than anything

5. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013
  6. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Cassian or maybe even Director Krennic. But I voted Cassian !!

vncredleader likes this.
  7. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    Baze Malbus

Avnar and La Calavera like this.
  8. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
  9. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    We certainly don't have any professional pollsters here.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  10. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015

TF.N polls have a maximum of 10 items..... but he gets one vote from you :)

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  11. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    Chirrut, followed closely by K2.

12. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    The fact that this is a tough choice says a lot about the movie. I ultimately chose Chirrut because of his mysticism and his love for the Force. He really stands out among the cast.

However, there is not a single character that I felt was poorly executed in the film. Every member of the Rogue One team was great in their own way, and both Krennic and Galen were fantastic as well. Everyone was really a solid addition to the Star Wars cast of characters.

13. Porkins2099

Porkins2099 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2016
    It's a tie between Jyn and Cassian, followed by K2. However, I voted Cassian. Two of his pivotal scenes (when he has an argument with Jyn and when he's willing to help her) is what make him the definitive rebel agent for me. He was so right in everything he said. And I loved his chemistry with Jyn and K2.

14. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Exactly. He is so self aware of himself and knows exactly where he stands pretty much the whole time. "I don't have to" still is the best line in the film.

BB-8 My Homework and Porkins2099 like this.
  15. Pewbacca

Pewbacca Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 31, 2016
    Jyn and Baze were my favorite main characters.

Pao and Raddus were my favorite side characters.

I loved everyone though.

DL44Jo likes this.
  16. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I've never given much thought to Bodhi or Cassian to be honest when I think about this so reading some responses here made me appreciate them more. Thanks for that!

I would go with Chirrut. My GF says I'm obsessed with him, which isn't true, but he's awesome. Easily a new one of my favorite Star Wars characters. I love his understanding of the Force and almost devotion to a now gone era. He's a great character and a great fighter. I guess the reason I never think of Bodhi is because he seems more like a plot device than a well developed character. This is NOT at all a criticism of the film (I have none; I've seen it 21 times lol), only an acknowledgement that with so many characters it's tough to feel like I know them all very well. We know tidbits about each of them and they each have limited time to make an impact I guess you'd say.

K-2SO is probably a close second with Krennic third. I want that awesome white cape and outfit lol if I was actually in the 501st or something that would be my outfit of choice.

DL44Jo and Sarge like this.
  17. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Just going off the movie it was Chirrut. Thought Donnie Yen did a really good job acting that character and I love his philosophy regarding the Force and his relationship with Baze. After reading the novelization, favorite character is Bodhi. The book really fleshes out the character more and does a nice job developing him more. His death scene was great in the book. The book also enhanced Baze for me and why he looks out for Chirrut. The one thing the novelization did great was really expand on the characters thoughts right before they died.

I have the extremely unpopular opinion that Jyn and Cassian were my two least favorite characters in the movie. I just didn't connect with either of those two.

Sarge likes this.
  18. Jedi Battlemaster Drallig

Jedi Battlemaster Drallig Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 23, 2017
    Chirrut Imwe

A wonderful homage to not only the light side of The Force in this movie, but to its human component in general;

a stark contrast, and just as great in my opinion, to Vader's starring

DL44Jo and Ricardo Funes like this.
  19. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015

As much as I love Chirrut and voted for him myself, I think Baze also shows this human aspect as well.
    While at times he makes fun of Chirrut's faith, it is clear that he "wants to believe", which eventually he does.

20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Admiral Raddus - Raddus of Mon Cala, Raddus of the Floes, Raddus of the Clutch of Zadasurr and the Spear of Tryphar!

21. Binary_Sunset

Binary_Sunset Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2000
    Chirrut Imwe beats K-2SO by a nose.

22. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998

...Heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed, Holder of the Sacred Chalice of Ryx, daughter of the Seventh House of Betazed.

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yeah, no doubt. I only quoted his accomplishments listed in the novel so as to not incur the wrath of the "but canon..." crowd. That is why I left off how he ripped Vader's legs off and clubbed to death 3 legions of Stormtroopers with them, thus creating the delay between RO and ANH.

24. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Oh, that's why Vader was walking funny when he boarded the blockade runner!

25. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Great to see this guy get some love! Probably the most underrated SW character...ever.

DL44Jo likes this.