main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Poll: Who is your favorite character of The Force Awakens?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ricardo Funes, Jan 29, 2017.

?

Who is your favorite character of The Force Awakens?

1. Han Solo

7.9%
  2. Luke Skywalker

8.3%
  3. Leia Organa

1.1%
  4. Kylo Ren

21.2%
  5. Rey

30.2%
  6. Finn

14.7%
  7. Poe Dameron

5.8%
  8. Maz Kanata

2.2%
  9. Chewbacca

2.5%
  10. BB-8

6.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I mean, that's kinda the point though. The actor makes the character what they are. With the wrong actor characters don't work. Harrison makes Han so loveable and great, but a lesser actor would make him come across as a giant jerk. That's the fun of it all.

2. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    Rey I was excited to have a lead female and she was awesome :)

3. RogueZero

RogueZero Jedi Master star 2

Mar 17, 2009
    Yes. One of my favorite things about the new movies is having the central protagonists in The ST and Rogue One female for the first time ever. It's about goddamn time. It's not Rey's looks that make her a great character to me (though as a guy I do find her easy on the eyes), it's her spirit, drive and her strength. In 30 years she might be just as iconic and heroic as Luke or Han today, or close to it anyway.

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    [​IMG]

she's a delight

5. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    I was really impressed by how much I liked pretty much all the new characters, but I have to give my vote to Rey. I don't care who her parents are, she's an interesting/likable character in her own right. I'll even go so far as to say that if I just look at the first movie of each trilogy, and compare Rey (n TFA) to Luke (in ANH) and Anakin (in TPM), I like Rey the best. Looking forward to seeing where her story goes.

Martoto77 and Jazz9276 like this.
  6. SmallTatooineSun

SmallTatooineSun Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 16, 2016
    I voted for Rey, but there really wasn't anyone I disliked.

Interestingly, my daughter hates BB-8. Absolutely hates him. She's a big R2 fan, so I guess she thought he was overshadowed. I just think it's funny since she was part of the demographic Disney was targeting with the new droid. I think he's cute. I like the way he rolls.:)

7. Jacques who

Jacques who Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 18, 2017
    I voted for Rey, who I adore, but like others have said, I liked everyone. Which is a wonderful problem to have.

8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Admiral Raddus is so awesome that he supersedes all of these polls.

9. Blue 5

Blue 5 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2017
    I picked the Wookie.

-Jedi Joe- likes this.
  10. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016

He steals just about every scene, without even trying.

Blue 5 likes this.
  11. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Rey. A strong female character, well acted, with a grit and determination. She's a match for anyone, and doesn't need rescuing.

TX-20 and Jazz9276 like this.
  12. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Finn, because I think he had a near perfect character arc as the film's protagonist (note: as the *film's* protagonist. Rey is the trilogy's protagonist)

His choices throughout slowly maneuver from "maintained basic humanity" all the way to "Hero of the Resistance" with a nice subtle grade.

-He starts out simply refusing to be a killer for the First Order; a wise decision, but not necessarily a selfless one, and it's mostly a choice of inaction instead of action.

-He then upgrades subtly to an escape plan involving Poe; still maybe not as selfless as a hero would be, but it's a solid idea, showing he's now capable of taking action to avoid doing evil and having evil done to him.

-He joins with Rey and BB8 to outrun the First Order and make contact with the Resistance, and starts masquerading as a Resistance member; he shows a combination of self-preservation and obligation here, since he seems to want to return BB8 to the Resistance in memory of Poe and because he knows it's the right thing to do, but he practices some deception to impress Rey and still seems to be trying to cover his own butt.

-At Tarkonda, he admits his deception, almost leaves the heroes, but rejoins the second SKB attacks the Hosnian System and the First Order attacks. Finn's sense of obligation and altruism finally starts to trump his self-preservation, as he abandons his get-away attempt to back up Han and Rey, in the process becoming a fully fledged enemy of the First Order, though it's still more a matter of circumstance than choice.

-After Rey is captured, Finn volunteers to go rescue her and shut down the shield; a "shatter point" for Finn as he is now directly contradicting his previous objective fo getting away from the First Order and is outright striking back against the First Order, albeit mainly for a friend's sake.

-Under Han's leadership, Finn stays behind to help damage the reactor's secondary shields, turning his rescue op into a commando unit assault on the First Order's most important weapon, and ends up engaging in a duel with Kylo Ren; Finn's now gone full Resistance hero, accomplishing his initial objective and then exploiting his position with the team to hurt the First order even more, going so far as to charge a giant evil space wizard with a laser sword.

It's a great journey from deciding not to pull a trigger to throwing yourself into a hopeless battle because it's the right thing to do.

13. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    I love every character in the movie, but Kylo Ren stands out.

His internal conflict is magnificent. Adam does an incredible job in the scene with Han; his range of expressions says so much and there's a sense that the character could go anywhere from here.

christophero30 and Ricardo Funes like this.
  14. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    The best analysis of Finn's arc, right there. Good job !

christophero30 likes this.
  15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    You know is grossly underrated?

[​IMG]

16. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Constable Zuvio!!

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  17. ForcePushUp

ForcePushUp Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 19, 2016
    Of the new characters, my favorite was probably Finn. I like the idea of a Stormtrooper breaking out and becoming a "big deal" and a hero. Jon Boyega is also charming and had good chemistry with his cast mates, especially Harrison Ford.

Padme501st and Ricardo Funes like this.
  18. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Rey was my favorite. Han a close second. :)

Jazz9276 likes this.
  19. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    In terms of Finn's character arc, I was hoping for someone who had to reconcile with the atrocities he committed after being thrown into a radicalized military as a child and forced to kill, making his story far more psychological than "it was the right thing to do lulz". OH WELL...

20. Luke Skywalker

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Admiral Raddus. He was technically in this film. Yoda says that loved ones who die return to the Force so, technically, Raddus is the still most important character in all of these films.

22. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Wasn't he one of the characters in Kylo Ren's ash tray?

23. Gonk Droid

Gonk Droid Jedi Knight star 1

May 7, 2017
    I thought BB-8 was tremendous. He oozes character and is a great droid addition to the SW Galaxy.

24. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    I can't believe there weren't more votes for Maz. LOVED her! Last month's Tsum Tsum subscription box was a big Chewie with a little Maz, and I about died. "Where's my boyfriend? I like that wookiee." Definitely a character I want to get to know better.

25. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    Luke Skywalker, mainly because of his legacy. I'm not a fan of any of the new characters, but I really like the overall performances from the actors.

-Jedi Joe- likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.