main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Poll: Will Luke Skywalker be dead by the time Ep. VII ends?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by BigAl6ft6, Jun 6, 2013.

?

Luke is dead by the time Ep. 7 credits roll (Yes, Force Ghost counts as dead)

1. Yup

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Nope

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Not "How Luke Will Die" but specifically a simple poll about "Will Luke Skywalker die in Ep. 7"? I don't think his chances for survival outta Ep. 7 are good simply because if you look at the history of Jedi master / teacher roles (see: Qui-Gon Jinn in Ep. 1 & Obi-Wan Kenobi in Ep. 4) in the first part of trilogies in this series their survival rate plummets. Also the whole pattern / rhyming theme that goes throughout the two trilogies where you see the same thing happen again.

However, there are moments between the two trilogies that are twisted around so *kinda* the same thing happens but not exactly so he may get an out. Also it's possible Luke will get a "Yoda pass" which means as the big Jedi deal he'll be hanging out for awhile. Also killing off the main character of one of the most iconic series of all time would be kind of tough to do. So I think, as a switch, Luke is going to get out of episode 7 alive. But I'd put better odds on him being dead. As the ghosts of Obi-Wan and Quin-Gon wave from the sidelines, saying, "Hey! Remember what happened to us? Sleep with one eye open, Luke!"

Mav Edit: We've had several threads on Will and/or how any number of the big three will die. See HERE and HERE.

2. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    I said yes, although it is impossible to know. My gut tells me we will see a bit of a parallel between Luke the master teaching a new generation and Kenobi teaching Luke. So, I think Luke making a sacrifice for that generation is a very real possibility

3. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    There are many factors that in place that can determine if Luke will die in the first film or later on:

1. How much are they going to try to mirror the past films. If *A lot* then yes Luke will probably die in episode 7
    2. What is the actors contracts *are they expected to show up for all 3 films or just 1. Are their roles =THE LEAD or just little supporting characters. ect*
    3. Do the actors even WANT to be in all these films and/or are they even capable of being in all 3 *from a acting perspective. I dont want to talk about their looks now. Just soley on their ability to give a good performance. If they can't give a good one then I dont want them in all the films*

Now I would prefer him dying in episode 7 but if they can have him show up in all 3 films and have it fit the story and have Hamill give a good performance then sure why not.

Captain Tom Coughlin likes this.
  4. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I'd say there's a line between "drawing parallels" and "redoing the same thing for the third time."
    They should break the mold and kind of give us something a bit different. PT and OT parallels were great, they fit and they made quite a bit of sense. To have ST copy the same formula yet again would not necessarily be a good thing.

I am pretty sure someone will die in Episode 7, but I just don't think it will be Luke.

Toonimator likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.