main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Poll: Would You See the ST if Luke, Leia and Han were Recast

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Bazinga'd , Jan 14, 2013.

?

Would you go see the ST if Luke, Leia and Han were recast?

1. Yes

52.6%
  2. No

25.6%
  3. Depends on Who was Chosen to Play the Big Three

21.8%
  1. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Of course. It's Star Wars. Obviously I would be sad though...

2. Darth Georgia

Darth Georgia Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    The Trekkies went through this. Disney would not hesitate to recast if they need too.

3. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I promise you, my friend, the day I hear Disney announce that they re-cast the parts with X, Y, and Z will be my last day here.

Star Wars is, thank God, NOT Star Trek.

4. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    The Trekkies went through this ? they were not re-cast till the prequels so you had up to 7 movies with the old cast !

WHY would Disney need to re-cast ? WHY would Disney make a ST that focusses on the re-casts of the big 3 ??? The next generaation needs to be the focus so it would be completely brain dead to re-cast the big 3 for smaller roles .

Darth Chiznuk and Echo-07 like this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    We seem to be split down the middle, so I think it's going to be interesting to see fan reaction if they are recast.

6. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I would also be curious to see whether the split is drawn along the lines of those who were brought up on the OT and those who were brought up on the PT.

7. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    To be honest, I could care less..

8. CaptainHamYoyo

CaptainHamYoyo Jedi Master star 2

Aug 18, 2011
    I voted no, and I grew up with the OT.

9. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    I think that the only reason the OT would be recast if they decided to tell the story of the Skywalkers/Solos when they're still young. If they do so than I would understand the logic because Harrison is 70 and there's no way he could portray someone 40 years his junior.

They did the same thing in Star Trek because Shatner can't portray a younger version of Kirk. Yet they still payed homage by having that Spock actor show up.

I am confident that Disney will handle this delicately and with respect if they recast the OT.

That being said we don't even know the plot yet so people need to stop worrying.

kataja likes this.
  10. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    It all depends on what the plot is first, which we don't know.

Honestly, I would be hesitant about Luke/Leia/Han and Lando returning. part of me believes that people expect them to be almost exactly as they were in the OT..

11. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    Some don't have unrealistic expectations on how characters should look and age. Many of us also understand the power of the gym and makeup.....

12. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I would certainly see the film whoever is in it, I'm stoked there are going to be more Star Wars. Whether I like it (or approve of recasting) is another matter all together.

13. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    I would prefer that they were.

Dra--- likes this.
  14. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    Of course I would! But I would hope the casting would be done well. The new actors would not only have to act like them, but also bear a stunning physical resemblance to them. Like, a very close resemblance.

I just hope beyond hope that Carrie, Mark and Harry are in it. But if not, I will still watch it, because I like SW too much to not see it for that reason alone. They would have to make some huge and terrible, glaring mistakes for me to boycott the new films.

kataja likes this.
  15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    If they were recast for the OT, no. Not going to watch.
    Recast for ST? I'll give whomever they are, a chance

16. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Why is this question not being answered - Why would Disney re-cast the big 3 & FOCUS on them ? been there done that .....It's plainly absurd ......

17. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Because right now, without a Star Wars track record, we dont know what Disney would do. We only know what they could do, in the event the story called for Luke, Leia, and Han and the big three were not brought back.

18. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Yes, but I'd prefer they didn't unless it was absolutely necessary. I'm more interested in seeing where the story goes than seeing old characters returning.

19. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    would I be stoked on it? unlikely. will I see it? you bet your sweet ass I will.

More Kit Fisto Please likes this.
  20. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    I would be horribly disappointed if the big 3 were recast, but I would absolutely go see the films.

If the films were solid, I would probably continue to review them.

As to loyalty...I have a TON of loyalty to the Big 3 b/c to me they are and always will be Star Wars. But I also love seeing great stories, so I'd go see the film and I wouldn't feel disloyal to the Big 3, I'd feel saddened, but I think if they don't appear in the films and are recast, they'll probably even see the films (at least once) to see what it was like.

But the more I ponder this question the more the concept of recast bothers me. If you are trying to tell the story that has these characters, then get them. If you're not getting them, then tell another story. The SW universe is expansive and lots of stories could be told without recasting the big 3.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  21. Bullhead CIty

Bullhead CIty Jedi Master star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    Hey man!!! Luke and Leia were already recast once... their birth scene at the end of ROTS!!! [face_dancing]

If it's been done once, it'll happen again!!!

Bradley Cooper as Luke Skywalker!!!!

22. I_Died_Once

I_Died_Once Jedi Master

Mar 14, 2005
    I have LOL at the poll, 'cause even if no one will admit to it, it doesn't matter if they do or don't recast the "Big 3" - everyone of these people will be there, most of you on opening night. I mean, you can post here and come off as all big and bad and making a stance... but you can't fool me, I see through your deception. Just because its a Star Wars movie, every one of these peeps will have their butts in a theater seat watching. I know this, Disnet knows this, Lucas knew this leading up to D-Day. Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez could be cast to play Luke & Leia and the every one of us will be there to see it. Granted, I hope Disney has better taste than this, but its the truth. The least you can all do is not lie about it.

23. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
    OK, granted. But I won't see it at the theater. I'll see it after the DVD/Blueray release.

24. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    No, that is where I would absolutely draw the line. I don't believe in torture so I would not subject myself to that! If Disney were to ever announce that Bieber was in Star Wars I would immediately cancel my account here and pretend that these past few months never happened.

25. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    You really won't watch them at all if they recast the big three?